PDA

View Full Version : What to clean woodgrain with pls??

wigsplitta
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
So my wood grain on my 335 has just normal finger prints on it whats good to use for something like this ??

Ilovemycar
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I recommend going from less to more. If it's just the prints you care about, how about simply wiping with a damp (soft and good) MF cloth? I often choose distilled water for inside the interior, since I have it conveniently in a spray bottle (spray directly into MF, not on to the trim). If I wanted more cleaning, I'd use ONR with the MF (ONR is so versatile IMO, it's now getting a lot of use in the home too). Past that, I'd try Klasse AIO. (If this wasn't a 335, but some other car with "exposed" wood, you would have to look towards wood-specific stuff as you would do with furniture.) Good luck, and I hope others with more experience may chime in. (I use Klasse AIO and an aluminum polish for my aluminum trim.)

TOGWT
09-26-2011, 03:02 AM
^^^ Good advise...

Weaselboy
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I just use a MF towel with some quick detailing spray (Zaino Z6) on it.

Munich77
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
My quick go to is Meguire's Interior detailer and microfiber. It is good for all interior surfaces including the wood. I use that to quickly clean the wood. Since the wood has a clear coat on it if you really want to shine it up you can use a wax (I love using a spray wax for that).

Revelation19
09-23-2012, 09:05 PM
The review for Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer (http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=12368&url=detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M43/Quik-Interior-Detailer-P384/16-oz-S1/), does not indicate using on "wood" trims. Probably, wouldn't hurt though.