PDA

View Full Version : F12/F13 Color Thread

car-fan
09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
can we get a few pic's of those who have taken delivery of their F12/F13 650's? Be nice to see the contrasting color variations in one thread.

I'll start with Space Gray/Vermillon Red. Post em up 6'ers:thumbup:

dkreidel
09-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Here's mine at the Welt in Münich - this will have to do until the car is redelivered to me next month.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/dkreidel/IMG_1287-1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/dkreidel/IMG_1290.jpg

car-fan
09-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Here's mine at the Welt in Münich - this will have to do until the car is redelivered to me next month.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/dkreidel/IMG_1287-1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/dkreidel/IMG_1290.jpg

Alpine White with Cinnamon Brown and a manua:yikes:l - you're doing the darn thing:thumbup::thumbup:

Very Nice car you have there:)

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Took my 650 in for service so I took some pics of the cars on the lot for you, including a White with Beige *Top*.

I also got a peek at the first 650 Coupe in South Florida (Pics below). Man that car is B-E-A-Utiful!. I am seriously considering a coupe next instead of a Vert...

XZLR8
09-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Appreciate the coupe pics, TopDownInFL! I'm still torn on the M-Sport kit. Can't wait to see it in the metal, so I can make some decisions.

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Appreciate the coupe pics, TopDownInFL! I'm still torn on the M-Sport kit. Can't wait to see it in the metal, so I can make some decisions.

I dunno - increased rev limiter and alcantara headliner with some different shoes doesn't sound like a bargain to me.

anythingbuttime
09-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Are the fender vents different on that coupe?

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Are the fender vents different on that coupe?

As luck would have it I happened to take a very close look at the fenders of both today. They are different.

XZLR8
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I dunno - increased rev limiter and alcantara headliner with some different shoes doesn't sound like a bargain to me.
Yeah, my gut impulse has been to skip the M-Sport package. I don't think I'm a fan of the body kit and, since I want to stick with 19s, I prefer the standard rim over the 19" wheel included with M-Sport. And, I found out that I can special-order the dark headliner ($475), which I will definitely do.

XZLR8
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
As luck would have it I happened to take a very close look at the fenders of both today. They are different.
Different how? What am I not seeing?

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I meant between the coupe and convertible. it was in the detail and may not be obvious. The vert happened to be up on a roundtable so I got a close look at the foglamp housing. It was distinctly different.

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Take a look at the OP's attached image and then the front view of the coupe I posted.

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I just went to the bmwusa site. This coupe looks like it has an M-style front fender. The website shows the coupe and vert with the same fender.

dkreidel
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Here is the nose of my vert

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/dkreidel/IMG_1291.jpg

car-fan
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Took my 650 in for service so I took some pics of the cars on the lot for you, including a White with Beige *Top*.

I also got a peek at the first 650 Coupe in South Florida (Pics below). Man that car is B-E-A-Utiful!. I am seriously considering a coupe next instead of a Vert...

Cool Man - Thanks:thumbup::thumbup: That looks like Vista Coconut Creek - I am going to have to get by there tomorrow sometime to the see that Alpine White M-Sport Coupe - it does look good:)

car-fan
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM

That is the "M-Sport" kit in Top Down's pics:) Notice the different front air dam, split spoke rims, and the flat gray/black lower rear valance and tail pipes..That coupe looks pretty nice IMHO

car-fan
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Did Vista appear to have a lot of 650 convertibles?

HoustonBimmer
09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Hold this spot!!! My Carbon Black Metallic with Cinnamon and MSport Pkg is at the dealer getting my tint and Radar. I will send pictures this weekend!!

WOOHOO!!!

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Did Vista appear to have a lot of 650 convertibles?

I saw 4 today up front and 2 inside the dealership. The coupe is over near the used car section on the West side of the bldg.

TopDownInFL
09-28-2011, 06:27 PM
That is the "M-Sport" kit in Top Down's pics:) Notice the different front air dam, split spoke rims, and the flat gray/black lower rear valance and tail pipes..That coupe looks pretty nice IMHO

Ahhhh - so THAT'S why it costs $4400. OK. Well worth the $ then. It looked tremendously hot.

XZLR8
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I just went to the bmwusa site. This coupe looks like it has an M-style front fender. The website shows the coupe and vert with the same fender.
Yeah, I'm with you now. That's the M kit, which I don't think I am a fan of. When you said "fender," I was looking at the side of the car over the wheel wells and not seeing a difference.

XZLR8
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
BTW, here is a picture sent to me by my dealership this evening to show their first Coupe (Imola Red, I believe?) with the LED headlights. Pretty amazing.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6048&pictureid=23120

TopDownInFL
09-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I'm with you now. That's the M kit, which I don't think I am a fan of. When you said "fender," I was looking at the side of the car over the wheel wells and not seeing a difference.

Sorry - didn't mean to confuse. :)

TopDownInFL
09-29-2011, 06:22 AM
BTW, here is a picture sent to me by my dealership this evening to show their first Coupe (Imola Red, I believe?) with the LED headlights. Pretty amazing.

I like the front lip and those LED headlights are off the charts. A must.

And great pic having another 6 with the standard front lip in the background for comparison.

XZLR8
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry - didn't mean to confuse. :)
Hey, no problem at all.

XZLR8
09-29-2011, 06:26 AM
I like the front lip and those LED headlights are off the charts. A must.

And great pic having another 6 with the standard front lip in the background for comparison.
I'm going to go test-drive the red car in the picture over the weekend, then plan (assuming the test-drive doesn't disappoint) to order a December production coupe.

I'm not sure why, or if it will change once I see it in person, but the M kit just doesn't appeal to me at all. It looks droopy or something. And I normally am a fan of M kits (have that option on my 535), so I'm as surprised as anyone.

The LED lights do look killer. My problem with them is that the only way to option them is to get a package that contains the lights and 20" wheels (2 choices, depending on whether you went for the M kit). The 20s look great, of course, but then you get summer tires. I'd rather have my xDrive coupe with 19" A/S tires, I think.

Decisions, decisions.

anythingbuttime
09-29-2011, 06:45 PM

Actually, that was exactly where I meant when I originally posted. The vent looks different on the MSport coupe than on my vert. I can't tell if the insert is just different or the fender different all together.

car-fan
09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Ahhhh - so THAT'S why it costs $4400. OK. Well worth the $ then. It looked tremendously hot.

I went and check out that White M-Sport Coupe today. They want "all the money" for that car - MSRP = $110,000.00 USD I guess the owner is taking his/her time to take delivery. There was also a Deep Sea Blue M-Sport Coupe for waiting for delivery as well. The "DSB" coupe didn't have the LED headlights. Those LED headlights are something else up close. In my opinion they are the best looking LED headlights of any manufacturer on the market currently. There is a lot of detail in the lamp housings, very complex and high tech looking.

TopDownInFL
09-30-2011, 09:45 AM
I guess the owner is taking his/her time to take delivery.

That car is for the owner of Vista.

car-fan
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
That car is for the owner of Vista.

It figures:rolleyes: LOL, I'm not mad at him :thumbup:

HoustonBimmer
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Here she is

TopDownInFL
10-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Stunning!

car-fan
10-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Here she is

Love it! Wicked - looks sinister in a good way:thumbup::thumbup: Wait until your neighbors get a load of her. You're going to make a lot of people mad - so get ready:D

David1
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm going to go test-drive the red car in the picture over the weekend, then plan (assuming the test-drive doesn't disappoint) to order a December production coupe.

I'm not sure why, or if it will change once I see it in person, but the M kit just doesn't appeal to me at all. It looks droopy or something. And I normally am a fan of M kits (have that option on my 535), so I'm as surprised as anyone.

The LED lights do look killer. My problem with them is that the only way to option them is to get a package that contains the lights and 20" wheels (2 choices, depending on whether you went for the M kit). The 20s look great, of course, but then you get summer tires. I'd rather have my xDrive coupe with 19" A/S tires, I think.

Decisions, decisions.

I set up the settings of the B&O audio in that car if no one else messed with it. Sound is incredible. M sport is a must!

HoustonBimmer
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Love it! Wicked - looks sinister in a good way:thumbup::thumbup: Wait until your neighbors get a load of her. You're going to make a lot of people mad - so get ready:D

Thanks. I added a few more pictures to my prior post and to this one. The B&O system rocks, it even has adjustable lighting on the speakers. The big issue is what media to play: Pandora, Sirius, HD Radio, Iphone, Web Radio, CD's, DVDs/iphone videos (When in Park). The car is awesome!

The LED lights look awesome and it was nice last night to have my car parked in front of the restaurant. I guess the guys in CL550 parked behind my 650speakers wasn't as happy.

I am REALLY happy with the Carbon Black Metallic. I had blue metallic on my old '87 M6 when I was dating my wife. She mentioned how it takes her back.

Now if I can only get my messages from my iphone or BB Torch!

XZLR8
10-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I set up the settings of the B&O audio in that car if no one else messed with it. Sound is incredible. M sport is a must!
The car was fantastic. And the B&O was incredible. Definitely will check that option box.

XZLR8
10-02-2011, 12:50 PM
The B&O system rocks, it even has adjustable lighting on the speakers.
Adjustable lighting?

Elias
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
The car is gorgeous love the carbon black, I'm glad I got the same color, wow this really makes my wait that much tougher. Your interior is so much nicer than the F10! Congrats on your car drive safe!:thumbup:

HoustonBimmer
10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Adjustable lighting?

yep it has a place to adjust the lighting and at night there is a highlight around the speakers and a light in the pop up tweeter on front dash

XZLR8
10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
yep it has a place to adjust the lighting and at night there is a highlight around the speakers and a light in the pop up tweeter on front dash
Okay, THAT is awesome.

car-fan
10-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Thanks. I added a few more pictures to my prior post and to this one. The B&O system rocks, it even has adjustable lighting on the speakers. The big issue is what media to play: Pandora, Sirius, HD Radio, Iphone, Web Radio, CD's, DVDs/iphone videos (When in Park). The car is awesome!

The LED lights look awesome and it was nice last night to have my car parked in front of the restaurant. I guess the guys in CL550 parked behind my 650speakers wasn't as happy.

I am REALLY happy with the Carbon Black Metallic. I had blue metallic on my old '87 M6 when I was dating my wife. She mentioned how it takes her back.

Now if I can only get my messages from my iphone or BB Torch!

Very Nice - thanks for posting the additional photos. You say the B&O speakers are illuminated - is ithe speaker surrounds, Thats interesting tech.

Yeah with regards to the CL, the new 6 makes basically all of the Benz's, save the SLS, and arguably the new CLS look dated. For the CLS this is only the case because of the LED headlights on offer. Interior wise the 6 pushes them all of a cliff.

So know the guys in the CL don't want to see you;)

In my 6 messages from my Torch show up without problem. I am having an issue with video playback from my IPOD touch though. Strange thing is in my MINI all of the stuff links right up - and video playback from the IPOD touch works seamlessly with the "included" Y-Cable - go figure:rolleyes:

EmM HoLLa
10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Man the M Sport Package makes the car look even better.. Very very nice...

To the folks that have owned previous generation Sixer.. How does it compare to the current model???..

car-fan
10-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Side view with 35% tint - Space Gray/Vermillon Red

XZLR8
10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
I always do 35% tint, too. Very nice.

RocX6
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
The car was fantastic. And the B&O was incredible. Definitely will check that option box.

Damn, I wish there was an option box for the full LEDs, M Sport and B&O when I was building my vert in June!!:tsk:

Sandlapper
10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Black on black with 20" rims.

HoustonBimmer
10-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Its about time we saw your car!! Congratulations, it looks awesome!

car-fan
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Damn, I wish there was an option box for the full LEDs, M Sport and B&O when I was building my vert in June!!:tsk:

I agree! My dealer has a convertible with Alpine White/Vermillon Red/Full LED & M-Sport + other options coming in. I told him to give me a call when it arrives

car-fan
10-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Nice - can't go wrong with Black/Black:thumbup::thumbup:

TopDownInFL
10-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Fantastic looking ride!

Elias
10-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Nice ride, love those wheels, I ordered the same ones on my car, would you mind sharing the specs on your car?

JONNYCHIRO
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Love the Carbon Black!
Could you post some pics?
Saw one on the lot and was impressed w how different it looked in direct sun vs. shade/night.
Mine's days away... Going crazy w. the wait...