PDA

View Full Version : Does X5 come with floor mats?

joelbuckley
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Simple question: I see "all weather" floor mats listed as an accessory at bmwusa.com. Does the car come standard with basic rubber-backed carpet mats?

Hard question: How on earth am I going to survive the next four or five weeks while my new X5 is being built? I want it NOW!

-Joel

TomG
04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Simple question: I see "all weather" floor mats listed as an accessory at bmwusa.com. Does the car come standard with basic rubber-backed carpet mats?

Hard question: How on earth am I going to survive the next four or five weeks while my new X5 is being built? I want it NOW!

-Joel

Joel,

I'm in the same boat that you are in... Waiting. I had to pay for the floor mats when I ordered mine a few days ago (for the X5 3.0 $100). Not sure if they come standard in the 4.4. Hey, I have a question. Is yours going to have a Panoramic Moon Roof? The dealer told me that mine would have it. But, I have yet to see an actual X5 with one (other than the one shown in the angel commercial). Cant wait to see it. Please post pictures once it arrives. Mine should be ready in the middle of May.

ctnyc
04-05-2004, 05:42 PM

-Joel

Congrats on your purchase.

My 4.4 came with the standard carpet/ rubber backed mats, but I am going to buy the all weather/ rubber ones this weekend. The standard mats it came with are really cheap looking. I also have the light grey interior, and the light grey carpeted mats get dirty very quickly.

As far, as waiting the five weeks, I know exactly how you feel. I was on the owner's circle daily. One thing though, once you pick it up and drive away from the dealership, you will forget about the waiting immediately.

joelbuckley
04-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Tom, mine's going to be a 3.0 too, but I didn't order a moon roof. That said, I *know* I saw pics somebody's brand new X5 with the panoramic moon roof on one of the BMW message boards recently. Unfortunately, I can't find the post now. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I placed my order on 3/24 for an estimated 4/30 delivery. The dealer better not have been lying!

cynyc, thanks for the info. I've used solid rubber mats (with a good raised lip around the edge) over the regular mats in my other cars. I can't stand the idea of Ohio Department of Transportation brand salty slush going into the carpet. All right, I admit it, I have an abnormal floor-mat obsession.

ctnyc
04-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Tom, mine's going to be a 3.0 too, but I didn't order a moon roof. That said, I *know* I saw pics somebody's brand new X5 with the panoramic moon roof on one of the BMW message boards recently. Unfortunately, I can't find the post now. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I placed my order on 3/24 for an estimated 4/30 delivery. The dealer better not have been lying!

cynyc, thanks for the info. I've used solid rubber mats (with a good raised lip around the edge) over the regular mats in my other cars. I can't stand the idea of Ohio Department of Transportation brand salty slush going into the carpet. All right, I admit it, I have an abnormal floor-mat obsession.

You guys will have the panoramic roof. It started on March production X5's. Look for pics of the 4.8 and you will see it.

jperaino
04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I have a March production X5 with the regular moonroof. The panorama roof atarted with April 04 production.

vision4u3
04-07-2004, 07:16 PM
I am also waiting on my X5 ordered on march 26....I was told that mine will have the panoramic moonroof also....I cant wait!!!

joelbuckley
04-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I took delivery of my X5 3.0i today, less than 3 weeks after ordering from the factory. Sterling grey, black leather, automatic, and that's it. What a great car! um... SAV. The only thing I don't like, as others have reported, is the throttle response. Nothing at first, then all of a sudden, zoom.

Here's the deal I got: $1000 over invoice (edmunds.com). I paid cash with no trade-in and it was the most hassle-free car purchase I've ever made. The dealer is in SW Ohio.

And yes indeed, it came with floor mats.

-Joel

AndDown
04-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Unless things have changed, car mats do not automatically come with the car - but some dealers will throw those in as part of the deal. When I bought my X5, the salesperson said they normally include the mats if the car was sold at MSRP, but since I got mine bargained down by $1500 (most were going at close to MSRP at that time), they would include the mats but at their cost ($80). The same thing (different dealer) with my 325i - and since I was getting a really good deal at the time, I figured it wasn't worth chewing over the $100-some for the mats.