BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 Vibration

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  beavers 
#1 ·
my 2003 X5-4.4i vibrates between speeds of 20-30 mph during acceleration only. Any ideas?

#2 ·
If only during acceleration then I would think it may be your cv/axle(s). Check to see if you have any play in them. I just replaced one on the right front corner. RockAuto.com has the parts pretty inexpensive. I was really impressed with the part and did not even have to ship them the old one when done. It was only about $60.00 for the part if it turns out to be this.

#4 ·
Mine did this at the same speed but also when shifting between 2nd and 3rd (in the auto mode). This occurred when accelerating just a little...not punching it. Dealer said needed a new tranny. I had a BMW specialty shop tech ride with me through a neighborhood after he had noticed I had a dented trans oil pan. Seems there is an oil draw at the bottom of the pan. When dented, the oil does not draw properly causing this vibration. I gamble on having them replace the pan and the problem is gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.