PDA

View Full Version : BMW F13 fumbles

Sandlapper
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
So I get the new F13 Coupe. Love the car but I can't get over the little goof ups. Such as, first aid kit in the rear seat compartment-tag sticking out showing "first aid kit" but there's nothing there. The owners manual says it is there but when I asked the dealer, he said they don't come with the kits anymore. What? Too expensive in a 90 grand car?
And next with the premium sound option. Plenty of bucks for what should be a standard sound system but it also comes with "iPod connector". Really? Not on my car so I asked the dealer. He says it is an option and they don't come with the premium sound package anymore. Really? It came with my F10 2011 535i sedan. You mean you get it with a 61 grand car but not the 90 grand version? Please.:mad:

car-fan
09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
So I get the new F13 Coupe. Love the car but I can't get over the little goof ups. Such as, first aid kit in the rear seat compartment-tag sticking out showing "first aid kit" but there's nothing there. The owners manual says it is there but when I asked the dealer, he said they don't come with the kits anymore. What? Too expensive in a 90 grand car?
And next with the premium sound option. Plenty of bucks for what should be a standard sound system but it also comes with "iPod connector". Really? Not on my car so I asked the dealer. He says it is an option and they don't come with the premium sound package anymore. Really? It came with my F10 2011 535i sedan. You mean you get it with a 61 grand car but not the 90 grand version? Please.:mad:

I feel your pain- but I did take the connector from my GT. Also note that you don't need the cable to connect your IPOD now. You can use the "white" cable supplied by Apple for the device and it will provide you with your playlists etc.. Since I am a Blackberry user I use an IPOD Touch everything works fine except video playback. The crazy thing is that In my Mini when I connect the Y-Cable in my MINI which has MINI Connect all functions including the video works fine. Not to mention the interface mirrors that of the IPOD when connected.

I need some answers on this as well:mad:

anythingbuttime
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
I picked up my convertible last night. The SA told me they don't come with first aid kits or tool kits anymore. I knew the craptastic flashlight was gone this year, but I didn't realize BMW was hurting this bad.

HoustonBimmer
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the warning about the first aid kit. I just found mine in 2008 750i. I have now removed it and I hope it fits the space reserved for the first aid kit in my new 650i. I am sure my lease return will not miss it.

jettie1767
10-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Got a free ipod connector from my salesman. You shouldn't have to pay for it. My salesman said they take if off cars being traded in and give them out to those who ask.

Sandlapper
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Appreciate the tip. It is worth a good follow-up. But since it is listed as part of the "premium sound package", why the cheapskate move on the part of BMWNA?