PDA

View Full Version : Ok so how do I get my calendar and emails on my Connected Drive with my iphone 4 o B?

HoustonBimmer
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I have been going crazy today trying to sync these in.

Can anyone help I have tried both the USB and the cradle.

dkreidel
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Didn't the dealer offer to set this up for you?

dk

HoustonBimmer
10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I had to run out. He showed me several things, and I am in pretty good shape. I think this has something to do with BMW assist being set up. I know that is what it takes to get email messages from google maps. In any event if I don't get it by monday i will call my dealer.

jettie1767
10-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Did you install Connected Drive on your iPhone? You also need the cradle to get them synced up. Not sure if the Y-cable will work. I use the iPhone app with the cradle to get my calendar, etc. I've not seen email though. Just calendar, contacts, twitter, fb and web radio.

HoustonBimmer
10-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Yep got connected drive for BMW Apps on my iphone and the cradle. I did finally get calendar and web radio to sync. I could swear we should get messages, but possibly they wont work with iphone 4 or Blackberry torch, HOWEVER, you can see video's on the net with the blackberry torch.

HoustonBimmer
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, it took all weekend but I got my emails from my blackberry and my calendar from my iphone. Both will do contacts. It took a deep dive into the bluetooth settings and then having two phone configured there is a swap option. :thumbup:

unclebnz
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately you can't get e-mail or text messages using an IPhone. Hopefully BMW will address this issue if we complain enough.
You see the finally added HUD as a standalone. I'm so disappointed.