PDA

View Full Version : F13 - Any Water Leaks?

anE934fun
10-02-2011, 11:18 PM
With the on-going problems with water leaks in the E93 cars, I was wondering if any owners of F13 cars have experienced convertible top water leaks. This thread may be a bit premature, given that the rainy season for much of the U.S. hasn't really hit, but if anyone has experience to share, I would be interested pro or con.

Thanks in advance to all who post.

car-fan
10-03-2011, 05:49 AM
florida[QUOTE=anE934fun;6354966]With the on-going problems with water leaks in the E93 cars, I was wondering if any owners of F13 cars have experienced convertible top water leaks. This thread may be a bit premature, given that the rainy season for much of the U.S. hasn't really hit, but if anyone has experience to share, I would be interested pro or con.

Thanks in advance to all who post.[/QUOTE

Here in South Florida I went through a series of heavy downpours last week without any signs of leakage. I have also washed my car with a high pressure "self-carwash" nozzle without any leaks as well. Seems the top is pretty well sealed when in place.

dkreidel
10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I drove thorough a deluge from the BMW Welt in Münich to Lake Garda Italy - about 5 hours of rain and high speed driving. Not a drop inside :thumbup:

anE934fun
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the posts. And to think when I was going through the failed repairs for water leaks on my ex-E93, one of the SAs had the gall to claim - hey, its a convertible. Convertibles leak water.... Yeah, right. Fortunately, I had the CA lemon law on my side.

jettie1767
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
No leaks so far.

650iQ7
06-25-2012, 07:58 AM
With the on-going problems with water leaks in the E93 cars, I was wondering if any owners of F13 cars have experienced convertible top water leaks. This thread may be a bit premature, given that the rainy season for much of the U.S. hasn't really hit, but if anyone has experience to share, I would be interested pro or con.

Thanks in advance to all who post.

:cry::mad::tsk:, leak is back under heavy rain in Central FL yesterday, and this is the second BMW 650 ic I have.

RPB1
06-25-2012, 09:00 AM
UK 6er Vert here we have had a very wet period barely stopped raining for my first week of ownership - no leaks at all so far!

McBucky
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I just purchased a 650 i x drive convertible and had leaks at the drivers door front corner twice. After putting the top up and down a few times however it hasn't leaked after trips to the same auto car wash so maybe it was just a poor seal. Hopefully the leaks won't reappear. McBucky

thom.one.two
06-26-2012, 11:45 AM
None so far from my '09 or my '12. But, I bet you have jinxed me now. ;)

southern6er22
06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
None so far from my '09 or my '12. But, I bet you have jinxed me now. ;)

The second I happily stated my car wasn't getting the gas pump click off thingy it started doing it. Hopefully you have better fortune :)

650iQ7
07-04-2012, 05:30 AM
I just purchased a 650 i x drive convertible and had leaks at the drivers door front corner twice. After putting the top up and down a few times however it hasn't leaked after trips to the same auto car wash so maybe it was just a poor seal. Hopefully the leaks won't reappear. McBucky

It will, take your 650 ic to the dealer, I have had the seals replaced in the passenger and driver side. I am waiting to confirm if the leak is gone forever.