PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire Black 535GT with Mods

cheaptrick
10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Thought I'd post up some photo's of my new Sapphire black 535GT with 50% tint on sides and painted side markers. It's a California car so I went light on the tint, don't need the cops ticketing me. Pinnacle ceramic tint 35% on back window. Bought some side markers on e-bay and had the dealer paint them. Turned out nice. The creamic conrols are one of my favorite things about the car. Had an X-6 before but prefer the ride and luxury of the GT. Cheap

iwantone
10-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Is that a 2011 or 2012?

Capobranco
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Thought I'd post up some photo's of my new Sapphire black 535GT with 50% tint on sides and painted side markers. It's a California car so I went light on the tint, don't need the cops ticketing me. Pinnacle ceramic tint 35% on back window. Bought some side markers on e-bay and had the dealer paint them. Turned out nice. The creamic conrols are one of my favorite things about the car. Had an X-6 before but prefer the ride and luxury of the GT. Cheap

Welcome to the brotherhood :beerchug:

....always nice to see another Sapphire Black ....nice pics! :thumbup:

1STBimmer
10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Wow your car looks great. Love the tint. Got used to the privacy glass on the X5 so I may go with a tint that resembles that myself.

I've been thinking of doing the side markes as well. AFter seeing how it turns out I think its a 'must do'. How was it to install? Did you do it your self? are they glued, can they be pried off easily after heating like on like on the x5?

Welcome to the fold!.

cheaptrick
10-03-2011, 03:29 PM
iwantone, it is a 2010 I got it "slightly" used (6000 miles) off a dealers lot about 100 miles from where I live. Got a good deal and it had almost every option I would have ordered except no back-up camera (needed that, but oh well)

1st Bimmer it was a bit difficult to install painted refectors. I heated and pryed the old ones out, same as I had done on my previous BMW convertible. I had found Bimmian painted reflectors that time, but no one had them this time. I got lucky and someone was sellinmg them on e-bay for 25.00 and dealer took 40.00 to paint them. I just used some 3M double sided tape body tape to put them back in. I like the look too (I must 3'd car I have done it to) Cheap

kashrahman
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
looks nice!! congrats!