PDA

View Full Version : 2010 550i GT + iPhone Media Adapter

wwanthony
10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Is anyone using the Media Adapter to do anything other than charge the phone (and improve voice quality on their 2010). I just picked one up and am not able to get music to play.

If it only charges, I will probably return it.

csmooth79
10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I can get sound out of mine, but it doesnt really improve call quality for me, also can control songs from the controller vs the phone

SFO1K
10-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Is anyone using the Media Adapter to do anything other than charge the phone (and improve voice quality on their 2010). I just picked one up and am not able to get music to play.

If it only charges, I will probably return it.

Are you using Bluetooth to access your music? It charges and provides antenna support, but music sync is not available. You have to use Bluetooth Audio to bring songs up and the interface is much reduced compared with the direct USB connection.

I believe only the new BMW Connected enabled cars have full access to iPod like functions via the Media Adapter.

jadnashuanh
10-06-2011, 09:49 PM
SOmewhere I saw them state that the adapter couples the antenna of the phone to the outside of the vehicle for better reception. Some of the optional glass treatments (not sure they are available in the US) could really affect any RF transmission, either in or out, and then this becomes much more critical.

GTGuy
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
I bought this adapter last week and I am going to return it.

First off - if you have a case for your iphone 4 FORGET IT. The adapter requires a naked phone.

Second - I noticed no difference in reception with the adapter - week signal area in North Scottsdale is just as week as with Bluetooth/USB cable connection to phone.

Third- $280 with tax at Chapman BMW is a ROYAL RIPOFF for a piece of plastic and some contacts. I bought on impulse:dunno:

I am taking it back with a nasty gram that also states FIX THE DAMN SOFTWARE GLITCH THAT PROHIBITS ANSWERING THE PHONE FROM THE STEERING WHEEL :mad:

GTGuy
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Are you using Bluetooth to access your music? It charges and provides antenna support, but music sync is not available. You have to use Bluetooth Audio to bring songs up and the interface is much reduced compared with the direct USB connection.

I believe only the new BMW Connected enabled cars have full access to iPod like functions via the Media Adapter.This is true. Your car needs the 6NR BMW Apps/Connected feature installed for music sync to work. Trust me this adapter isnt worth the money, so far neither is BMW Apps.

car-fan
10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
The strange thing about 6NR/Apps is that i have not been able to get it to work as spec'd in my 650. i can get email/text message playback, but not bluetooth audio. However with my MINI using a Blackberry Torch, every thing syncs text/email messages, as well as bluetooth audio with nothing more than simple pairing. Video playback while stationary via IPOD touch also works perfect. Since my former GT was an 09/09 production vehicle I didn't have the full function bluetooth/IPOD menu, sync functions of the current cars. Although, sans the updated tech - phone connectivity as well as IPOD performance didn't present any issues in my GT.:)