PDA

View Full Version : Nav System - Nav Traffic

Thad
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I figured the title "Nav System" by itself is enough to cause some groans considering the number of threads there have been on BMW nav systems - so I was careful to specify it's about nav traffic. :thumbup:

Er, has anyone figured it out yet? I'm used to systems that have green/yellow/red for traffic flows. There's definitely something different about the BMW system. I suspect that it's a learning curve issue on my part and that I'll be plenty happy with it when I get used to it. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Thad

magnumforc
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
It's a learning curve. I like the TomTom lots better but after 8 months or so I'm beginning to get the hang of this one. Read the manual and make a "cheat sheet" of the most used commands so you can use the spoken commands. It works really well when you can press the speech button on the wheel and say "Navigation" and then "map" and it will come up. Then you can say "Traffic Info" and get the traffic info you want. Then simply say Map" again and you're back.

It's a learning curve. Plus the ability to send destinations via Google Maps or to speak destinations is really a plus. Or to get destinations froom your phone directory. Just takes awhile.

CC Brown
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
If you use dynamic traffic the system will automatically re-route you. I had this happen when returning to Atlanta and they had some lanes shut down. Also you can see heavy traffic on the roads by a series of red arrows. The more arrows the heavier the traffic.

I also agree with the other comment. Learn the few phrases necessary to use the Nav. particular in entering an address in spoken string.