PDA

View Full Version : Order Placed for December Production

XZLR8
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I have a December production slot reserved for my next BMW, a 2012 650i xDrive Coupe. I've mourned the loss of my coupe ever since I traded my '08 in on a (really disappointing) '09 750i. Needless to say, I can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

Specs:
2012 BMW 650i xDrive Coupe
Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather / Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Active Roll Stabilization (ARS)
Ceramic Controls
Anthracite Headliner (special order, $475)
Shadowline Trim (special order, $450)

Stock pic:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6048&pictureid=23237

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer some of my questions, post pictures to help with option decisions, and participated in conversations. It's been much appreciated.

Can't wait to ring in the new year with a new ride!

Elias
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I didn't know you could order the shadowline trim man I'm so upset!!!:dunno:

Your 650i Coupe Selected Options
Swatches & Colors
See all standard features
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
Integral Active Steering
Fine Line Oak Wood Trim
Ceramic Controls
Cold Weather Package
Heated front seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Ski bag
Driver Assistance Package
Head-up Display
Active Blind Spot Detection
Side and Top View Cameras
Lane Departure Warning
Parking Assistant
M Sport Package
Increased top speed limiter
Athracite Alcantara headliner
Aerodynamic kit
M steering wheel
Premium Sound Package
iPod and USB adapter
Premium hi-fi system
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription

XZLR8
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I didn't know you could order the shadow trim man I'm so upset!!!:dunno:
Yeah, I was pretty relieved to discover that it's possible because it's a big ol' slab of chrome on the side of the Coupes.

TopDownInFL
10-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Here's a pic with the shadowline trim from bmw.co.uk.

XZLR8
10-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Very nice. It must be a part of the M-Sport package over there?

XZLR8
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Update: I've moved my production date up in order to take advantage of a newly-released $3500 incentive on new 6ers. I should have the new ride by New Year's Day.

TopDownInFL
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Just visited BMW Manhattan (up here for 2 days on business but snuck away for an hour) and just found out about that incentive! I'm really, REALLY thinking about getting a coupe (don't tell my wife...).

XZLR8
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Just visited BMW Manhattan (up here for 2 days on business but snuck away for an hour) and just found out about that incentive! I'm really, REALLY thinking about getting a coupe (don't tell my wife...).
My wife is on board, but I know it's just because she wants my 5. Ha.

GreyCoupe
10-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Enjoy your car. December production and 1 January delivery seems like a dream. I ordered in March and received my car last week.

I think shadow line will look great on your car--on all light colored cars.

XZLR8
10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Enjoy your car. December production and 1 January delivery seems like a dream. I ordered in March and received my car last week.

I think shadow line will look great on your car--on all light colored cars.
Yeah, I had to bump up the production date. The car should go into production this month... hopefully very soon.

I have always had shadowline trim on my BMWs, so I was really bothered by the thought of chrome on the 6, especially since the chrome window moldings on the Coupe are really wide. So glad that I was able to special order the shadowline.

Houston Bimmer
10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Congratulations!! You will ove it. I agree with the Shadow line, if I could have gotten it.

I know the wait will be tough, but I had 6 mos to wait...AND IT WAS WORTH IT!

Cant wait to see your pics

XZLR8
10-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I learned something today. I inquired about the auto high beams, since I couldn't find the option in the package descriptions for my xDrive Coupe. The response that my dealership received from one of the corporate types was as follows:

5AC Auto high beams were only available on the 650i conv in the ZDA Driver assistance package until 8/11. As of 9/11, the ZDA 650i Conv pkg is now ZD2 and does not include 5AC (these pkgs are shown on the price and order guide with the effective dates). 5AC is now included in the ZF2 Full LED Light pkg for all models. This is the only way to get 5AC or 552 LED lights, and the ZF2 package only comes w/ 20***8221; wheels for the 650i.

So apparently, without the 20s and LEDs (an option that I planned on skipping for a variety of reasons), I'm out of luck when it comes to the auto high beams. Not a deal breaker, certainly, but it's an option that I've grown to love on my other BMWs.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass the information along.

RocX6
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Thanks for posting that pic! I've preferred the shadowline on my X6 because the window trim and grill were the only chrome pieces on the car - so I blacked them both out. But with the 6 having so much more chrome trim (side markers, door handles, grill, fog lights), I probably wouldn't opt for the shadowline on this car if I had the choice when I ordered. Although, on black, could be a different story. :)

RocX6
10-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I did just notice in that pic that the fog light surrounds are blacked out too. Can't tell about the side signals though. If so, I could see this car in black with Shadowline for sure! :thumbup:

XZLR8
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Update: My 6er has apparently made it to the paint shop.

Can. Not. Wait.

GreyCoupe
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
The delays mine experienced made waiting almost impossible. For whatever it is worth, I like the car so much that is worth it. As impatient as I became, and as high as my expectations grew, I am not disappointed. Enjoy it when it arrives...

XZLR8
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Update: My coupe's listed dealership ETA is yet this week. Depending on how quickly they can get her detailed and the windows tinted, I could be driving my new baby by this time next week!

I might be a little bit excited.

Leslierc
11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
The pictures are proof...I am, again, forced to say that the coupe is the prettier sister in this generation of the 6 Series. OP, I'm sorry that your 7 didn't work for you.

XZLR8
11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
The pictures are proof...I am, again, forced to say that the coupe is the prettier sister in this generation of the 6 Series. OP, I'm sorry that your 7 didn't work for you.
Yeah, I was bummed about the 7, too. I had several of the E65 generation and always loved them, so the '09 was a huge disappointment for me. I'm wondering if the (now available) M-Sport package and xDrive would make the difference for another time, but I'm sure I'll be fine with the 650i Coupe in the meantime.

XZLR8
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
BTW, Leslie, I still remember you from another lifetime on the ClubLexus (SC430) boards, no?

TopDownInFL
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Update: My coupe's listed dealership ETA is yet this week. Depending on how quickly they can get her detailed and the windows tinted, I could be driving my new baby by this time next week!

I might be a little bit excited.

And it might be justified... ;)

Excited with you.

Leslierc
12-01-2011, 04:16 AM
BTW, Leslie, I still remember you from another lifetime on the ClubLexus (SC430) boards, no?

C'est moi!:thumbup:

XZLR8
12-01-2011, 08:11 AM
C'est moi!:thumbup:
I thought so. We've had similar automotive trajectories...

Leslierc
12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I thought so. We've had similar automotive trajectories...

All in the right direction it seems. Congratulations on your new coupe!

XZLR8
12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Update: Delivery... tomorrow!

TopDownInFL
12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Update: Delivery... tomorrow!

Like! (oh wait... This isn't Facebook...)

XZLR8
12-03-2011, 04:35 PM
The new ride is home. I haven't had a chance to take any decent pictures at all, but I snapped this one in the garage, just to show people that Shadowline Trim IS possible! (And I think it looks great...)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6048&pictureid=24223

XZLR8
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Update: I know I need to get some pictures posted (the weather -- and as a result, my 6's cleanliness -- went to crap the day after taking delivery), but just a quick note to say... I just might be in love.

GreyCoupe
12-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Looks great on lighter colored cars!

TopDownInFL
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Wonderful!