BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Please help!!!! My m3

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  E63Eater 
#1 · (Edited)
I have never posted a help thread but I have no other choice. I have a 2005 BMW M3. With only 11000 miles on it and is SMG. I take it to the dealer ship every spring and fall for an oil change. And this time while my wife was following me she notice my break lights were on. My car has been at the dealer ship for over a week now and they still have no clue. I am up to over 15 hours of diagnostic fees at lord knows what per hour and still no answers. So my questions has any one else had this type of problem with any bimmer let alone an m3. I trust my mechanic 100% he's been a great friend for years. But I think this time my car is winning the fight.

#2 ·
You take it to have the oil change every spring and fall since 2005 with only 11,000 miles? :confused: Either way, I think the lemon law states that if the car is in the shop for more than 20 days a year for the same problem than the dealership has to do something with it. Not an expert on the matter, just something I remember reading.

#4 ·
My car sits for long periods of time hense the 11000 miles in 6 years. I know its kind of crazy to change the oil that much but my car will sit some times for 6+months so i like there to be fresh oil when i do drive it. But as for the lemon law the car has never been in the shop for that long ever. they've changed the brake switch and the cluster and got the vehicle order from bmw and still there stumped. We were thinking mice but there is no sigh of that anywhere in the car.

#5 ·
Still don't need to change the oil more often than once a year.

Even if you don't drive the car.

In fact, with extremely low mileage, you don't even need to change it that often.

#6 ·
I cant believe the dealership cant figure this one out. That is very annoying, from the "pros". They should be able to follow the power, but they should know that.

I am very new to BMW's, just got mine about a month ago. I dont know much about them so far, but a fair amount about other cars.

I have had the same problems before, and its been just a switch. around the brake pedal.

Good Luck,
jt

#7 · (Edited)
I had a similar problem but it wasn't my tail lights...my dashboard lights would get brighter as RPM's got higher! Is your M3 COMPLETELY stock? If yes, I would have your mechanic check the "drains" for lack of better word. When it would rain or high humidity that's when it was the worst. Sometimes the water doesn't drain correctly and gets the wiring wet...I found that because I live in NY near water I had salt eating at my under carriage thus rusted a particular spot and caused a wire to corrode. I replaced the protection and wires and my problem was fixed. I don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.