PDA

View Full Version : Tracking the build

iwantone
10-28-2011, 08:32 AM
The bmwusa tracking website doesn't show the value package ie ZVP. should i be concerned?

11gt535
10-28-2011, 08:51 AM
The order tracking information on the site is really bad. It is not unknown to show wrong options, but mostly just is missing options you've ordered. It also doesn't sync up well to what status the car is actually in. Some folks feel that BMW would be better off without the tracking website since it mostly generates panic and upset. My car showed up delivered well before it was actually delivered, and didn't have the right options.

wchewbaka
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I have been tracking my car the last three weeks. This page has been invaluable:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

The BMW Owner webpage has been disappointing. It is several days late and offers insufficient detail for the likes of us.

Calling BMWNA is not much better. If you call through the automated system you get essentially the same tracking as the website. If you talk to a Customer Rep what you get is dependent upon the enthusiasm of the person. Usually they only gave me the same info as the website. Another gave me detailed info using the BMW production codes. I was not insistent enough to get the detailed info from the Reps as it became too much hassle.

The local dealer has the detailed info available to them if you care to call your salesperson.

When the GT finished production and reached Bremerhaven it was in the limbo of "waiting for a ship". Even after it shipped out a week ago the shipping line tracking still does not show the car. However, the above website has the clues on how to figure out what ship it is on - and even anticipate which ship's schedule fits the delivery timeline. I did that and the dealer confirmed the ship.

Now I am tracking the GT as it makes it across the Atlantic on the way to the Panama Canal.

I expect delivery just before Thanksgiving.

Good Luck

wchewbaka
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
But back to the OP question. I too was concerned about the options listed. The dealer confirmed all is well with a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry... ZVP and other details show up...

Wardman
10-28-2011, 12:44 PM
No concern, I'm sure there are mistakes, but if it's on your order sheet you signed you should be fine. ZVP is more like standard features now for either GT.

1STBimmer
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes, as Wardman said, make sure that it's in the order sheet. If it's there then you're fine.