PDA

View Full Version : 535ixGT Undercarriage Quesition

Wardman
10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Hello All,

On my undercarriage, I have 4 plastic pieces with round half circle notches on them below each door. They hang down below frame so I can see them when walking up to the car. They kind of remind me of the "jack plates" or "jack locations" in other cars but they are usually up under the frame so you cannot see them. Plastic too....

Should they be there?

1STBimmer
10-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Mine didn't have anything hanging down... at least nothing you could notice when walking up to the car... :dunno:

How'bout some pictures to see what you're talking about?

Hello All,

On my undercarriage, I have 4 plastic pieces with round half circle notches on them below each door. They hang down below frame so I can see them when walking up to the car. They kind of remind me of the "jack plates" or "jack locations" in other cars but they are usually up under the frame so you cannot see them. Plastic too....

Should they be there?

Wardman
10-28-2011, 02:18 PM
I went to the dealer - they are the load plates, are plastic now, and show more substantially on the GT's than other cars.

At least they are not packing pieces that were not removed :-)

I bet your car has tons of zip! Mine is tough to hold back.

jadnashuanh
10-28-2011, 07:16 PM
If you want to jack the car up without damaging those, they make a puck that fits into it. they are available from various places, made in various materials. Here's one for an example: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Jack/ES251251/

I used one today as I installed snow tires. I like to do this myself, since I can then get a good look at the brakes, and various other bits you normally can't see easily.