PDA

View Full Version : BMW News: Forget the "Rumor"; FACTOID: X1 Really coming to the USA!!

Jon Shafer
10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
AND you can quote me on that... :)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/bmw-x1-leaked-official--(4)_opt.jpg

lazoh
10-29-2011, 09:33 AM
AND you can quote me on that...

Do you know when they will be available??

Jon Shafer
10-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Do you know when they will be available??

Model Year 2012

Now accepting deposits. Be the first on Bimmerfest.

:bigpimp:

blue dragon
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Bah, they've been in Canada for a while now. They look too much like a station wagon. Prefer the X3 by far

Jon Shafer
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Bah, they've been in Canada for a while now. They look too much like a station wagon. Prefer the X3 by far

You know, I could be wrong... I guess I should temper my enthusiasm. I've been away from the BMW business for eight long years, and I haven't had a true BMW news scoop since 2004. Lol. I do have very good reason to support the veracity of my claim, but I could end up with egg on my face...

ProRail
10-30-2011, 07:15 PM
ok.
what is this about?

Jon Shafer
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
ok.
what is this about?

I am sufficient reason to believe to make a claim that the US Market will get the X1 this year. I have to leave myself an out just in case I am wrong.... ;)

No, but seriously. The evidence is beyond compelling that there will be a '12 X1...

seaview330xi-ed
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm just back from my second ED. While touring France I saw several of these. Brought a french X1 brochure back for my CA. It's a sharp looking SAV.

TechieTechie
11-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Pricing sheet anywhere???

TechieTechie
11-11-2011, 05:55 AM
And will they becoming in an Manual, AWD, fun engine combination...although the more I read on these BMW sites, the more I realize that engine thingy can be overcome :)

DnA Diesel
11-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Darn, I thought you were announcing an xDrive 23d version coming... :(

I forgot you folks don't even have it there yet. Kind of Bizarre that Canada got it already. That said, I've driven one and it just seems like an E91 on a slightly raised suspension.

Jon, does you info indicate anything other than the xDrive 28i version?

Regards
D.

JackalopeZX3
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Hope they plan on offering it with a "real" manuel tranny!

Jon Shafer
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
No longer a rumor. My sources at BMWNA confirm the fact that USA will have a "FACELIFTED" X1 in Model Year 2012!!

tagheuer
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Our 2009 BMW 328xi lease is up June 30, 2012.

Will that allow me to get an X1? Can't I extend my lease too, if I have one on order?

I would probably be interested in ED.

Jon Shafer
11-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Our 2009 BMW 328xi lease is up June 30, 2012.

Will that allow me to get an X1? Can't I extend my lease too, if I have one on order?

I would probably be interested in ED.

Tough to say.. We still don't have a timetable for production.

ProRail
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I am sufficient reason to believe to make a claim that the US Market will get the X1 this year. I have to leave myself an out just in case I am wrong.... ;)

No, but seriously. The evidence is beyond compelling that there will be a '12 X1...

Not sure what that means, but I'm happy to drop the subject if you are. I never believe that we North Americans are getting any BMWs until they show up at my dealer. (I have seen many lovely Bimmers in Europe and the UK that will never NEVER be available in NA (mostly because NA people don't buy them). I don't obsess about it any more. We lust for the 335s and above,

Jon Shafer
11-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Not sure what that means, but I'm happy to drop the subject if you are. I never believe that we North Americans are getting any BMWs until they show up at my dealer. (I have seen many lovely Bimmers in Europe and the UK that will never NEVER be available in NA (mostly because NA people don't buy them). I don't obsess about it any more. We lust for the 335s and above,

The quote you have taken in your post immediately above has been superseded by a subsequent post. I no longer am leaving myself an out in this discussion as the rumor has been confirmed. You will believe me when you see them at your dealer hopefully..

:)

STE92VE
11-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Jon,

Thanks for the info. When will pricing be available?

Customisbetter
11-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Looks like it has the turbo 4 banger and 8 speed. Not my style but could be fun.

TechieTechie
11-16-2011, 06:54 AM
No manual tranmission???? If it comes to the States without the manual...I say good luck BMW...you've lost 1 potential customer (and likely many more).

Customisbetter
11-16-2011, 06:58 AM
^In reality though, the number of possible purchasers buying a hatchback/crossover in the 30-40k range requiring a manual is incredibly small.

STE92VE
11-16-2011, 07:00 AM
No manual tranmission???? If it comes to the States without the manual...I say good luck BMW...you've lost 1 potential customer (and likely many more).

I don't think your threat will affect BMW's decision (and I believe BMW NA makes all configuration decisions) not to offer a MT in the X1. They can't keep up with current demand, hence the delay for the USA release, so a few less units sold is not going to change their marketing plan.

TechieTechie
11-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Steve...I understand that the X1 is the hottest selling car in Europe right now..and that my tiny little voice will make absolutely no difference in how they spec the car.

It's just frustrating that we in the US don't have the variety that Europe does, particularly when it comes to manual diesels. VW can't keep the manual Golf or Jetta TDIs in stock Stateside, even tho they are blah to drive, at best. I'm hoping the BMWNA sees this understands that it's time to start offering manual diesels again (particularly at the lower end of their lineups). I'd love it if they brought the xDrive23d to the States. Heck, I'd even give up the diesel for a fun to drive manual (xDrive28i) that gets more mpg than Infiniti or Acura cute-utes...

:drive:

STE92VE
11-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm hoping the BMWNA sees this understands that it's time to start offering manual diesels again (particularly at the lower end of their lineups).

Unfortunately, BMW NA understands all too well about market segment and they target the largest percentage. If we want to continue driving BMW's, we have to put up with what they deem acceptable. As an example, I'll never understand why we can't order anthracite headliners when it's a standard component on the assembly line. I can understand that the dealers want to spec a car for inventory to market it to the masses but when it comes down to placing a customer's order (which I did for my 2), why can't we have access to options that are in the mix?

But, this is a topic for another thread. As for me, I'll just be happy that the X1 will be available in the USA and I'll spec one from the choices I'm given.

tagheuer
11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
bump.....saw a Mini Countryman today...

Any rough ideas on when this will hit stateside?

I'm guessing 2012, but early, middle or late?

Axel61
12-21-2011, 05:32 AM
the LONGGGG awaited X1 is about to come and damn it. I wanted one but instead went the 335d way and believe me I will not go back to gassers. I just hope the DIESEL is offered as an alternative engine. AMERICANS need to understand that DIESEL is the future, I was once a gasser and know that I have my DIESEL modded by RENNtech i am doing somewhat over 420 lbs/tq on the WHEELS. Yes you read that right. Last week I put up 270 miles less than half tank and my Speeds varied on the Hwy anywhere from 65-110 mph and ended with over 400 miles before filling her up again. I hope the X1 comes with hte DIESEL and I will try to convince my girlfriend to look at that instead of her DREAM car the X6(BTW, I gather it will come TRI-TURBO Diesel by next year) she loves my DIESEL engine, she gets a rush out of it!!! ;)

tagheuer
03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
No longer a rumor. My sources at BMWNA confirm the fact that USA will have a "FACELIFTED" X1 in Model Year 2012!!

so what ever happened with this?

I have a lease up 6/30/12 and have been anxiously awaiting this.

:dunno:

JackalopeZX3
03-08-2012, 07:10 AM
That "Coming to the USA" date keeps getting pushed back because BMW can't keep up with the currant demand for the X1 in the countries that already sell the car. Maybe it's all about the $$$$.:rolleyes: Canadian & European $'s are worth more to BMW so we wait & wait & wait. They're hoping we will settle for the flood of models made here in S.C. (The X1 NOT being one of those models) Just my guess.....:dunno:

pix335i
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Rumor is floating right now that the X1 will make it's debut at the New York Auto Show at the beginning of April. If true, we should be getting some more details about it coming out shortly!

Stay tuned.

petriej
03-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Dear BMW,

I will order an X1 with the N57 engine and a 6 speed manual. Must have xDrive.

Will negotiate selling first born, etc. etc.