PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Massachusetts Suck So Bad?

chris328
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Please help

I am in Hell

3ismagic#
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I thought MA sucked too. Until I lived other places. I'd give my right testicle to move back.

dtc100
11-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I thought CA sucked big time, until I heard every other state was battling the mother nature in some shape or form, while I was basking my testicles in the warm CA sun.

Until the next earthquake hits, or until I drive off and hit the next pothole...

AllBlackBimmer
11-02-2011, 10:08 AM
...not as bad as PA.

PA has just as bad winters, and 100x worse roads.

My 19"s I plan on getting next spring should be interesting to say the least...

chris328
11-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Massachusetts is the only place where on a road with two lanes (both going in the same direction, as in one is used for passing, what a concept), someone will refuse to utilize the left lane and insist on tailgating you and beeping their horn simply because you're going the speed limit. This place is filled with generic red sox fans and scrubby WAAF listeners and I cannot stand it anymore

Squidget
11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Massachusetts is the only place where on a road with two lanes (both going in the same direction, as in one is used for passing, what a concept), someone will refuse to utilize the left lane and insist on tailgating you and beeping their horn simply because you're going the speed limit. This place is filled with generic red sox fans and scrubby WAAF listeners and I cannot stand it anymore

I've lived in many different states from coast to coast (CA, IL, OH, IN, KY, MA, VA, RI), and also in Italy and Germany.

MA is far from the worst driving experience. OK, the potholes suck, I'll grant that. But CA is far worse in terms of rude drivers.

Oddly, while I couldn't pick a *worst* place to drive (they all suck in different ways), I can pick a best place. Germany, overall, is simply excellent.

cwinter
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
My 1-day trip to Boston many moons ago was quite enjoyable! Though I did use public transport... :eeps:

AnotherGeezer
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Why do you think folks in adjacent states call Massachusetts natives "MASSHOLES"?

mossman35
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Why do you think folks in adjacent states call Massachusetts natives "MASSHOLES"?

Oh no, the secret is out. I don't think Massachusetts people realize what we call them. :)

just king me
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Dorchester sucks!! I prefer driving on highways and avoid the more ghetto areas. They like to play bumper cars for some reason :)

CALWATERBOY
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I thought CA sucked big time, until I heard every other state was battling the mother nature in some shape or form, while I was basking my testicles in the warm CA sun.

Until the next earthquake hits, or until I drive off and hit the next pothole...

Indeed!

In the 70's today, no clouds. Raw Fall weather, this, though it'll crash tomorrow: chance o'sprinkles.

Believe I'll take off for lunch @ Pt. Reyes Station. Oh, the humanity....:D

chris328
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
you would think that growing up in this state i would be one of the people to defend it, but in reality I probably have a lot of weight when it comes to opinions on this state and the majority of people who live here, simply by that fact. people are such ***holes here it's seriously unbelieveable. some middle aged woman attempted to run me into oncoming traffic the other day, simply because when I was pulling up to a red light in THE SLOW LANE, i wouldn't speed up to it and decided to roll up cause smart people conserve gas. apparently that is not allowed in this state. the weather here sucks and most ppl are bitter, most women are ugly cause they simply dont care about how they look except for those 2 months in the summer when you can go outside but it's too humid to enjoy it. every time i visit someone in another state, coming back to this state is like going back to a jail cell after a conjugal visit.

CALWATERBOY
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Dorchester sucks!! I prefer driving on highways and avoid the more ghetto areas. They like to play bumper cars for some reason :)

I remember Boston on a frigid Winter day....a cold ferry to Martha's Vinyard....was amazed that a green arrow left for me did NOT mean oncoming traffic was gonna stop. :rofl:

Dang tourists.

1985mb
11-02-2011, 11:38 AM
you would think that growing up in this state i would be one of the people to defend it, but in reality I probably have a lot of weight when it comes to opinions on this state and the majority of people who live here, simply by that fact. people are such ***holes here it's seriously unbelieveable. some middle aged woman attempted to run me into oncoming traffic the other day, simply because when I was pulling up to a red light in THE SLOW LANE, i wouldn't speed up to it and decided to roll up cause smart people conserve gas. apparently that is not allowed in this state. the weather here sucks and most ppl are bitter, most women are ugly cause they simply dont care about how they look except for those 2 months in the summer when you can go outside but it's too humid to enjoy it. every time i visit someone in another state, coming back to this state is like going back to a jail cell after a conjugal visit.

Why not leave?

E92Submarine
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Boston-ESPN-Cover.jpg

(I enjoyed my 4 years in Massachusetts)

AzNMpower32
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh no, the secret is out. I don't think Massachusetts people realize what we call them. :)
Even I use that term, and I don't live in the Northeast :rofl:. I've also heard the term Taxachusetts.

It's hard for me to like the Northeast in general, and I've been there enough times to know that. I'll stick to the Southeast- having spent time in both NC and VA, it's hard to decide between the two. I'd like to see Utah and Colorado more though.......years ago had a trip to UT and I really liked it there.

dtc100
11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
If OP's beef with his own people of MA is the driving habit, I would think if you have enough patience to drive below speed limit and drift slowly to the stoplight, you should have enough patience to tolerate your fellow drivers:)

BTW I do both once in awhile myself, when I do so, it is usually I am in a super great mood, so much so if someone starts honking behind me, I consider it a compliment and wave at him/her.

chris328
11-03-2011, 06:43 AM
i dont drive below the speed limit, ill drive maybe 5 or 10 miles above it, and people around here STILL get pissed. theres no way to be accepted in this area unless you drive some kind of huge annoying FORD truck or SUV with patriots and red sox stickers plasteres all over the back of it. this place is seriously the armpit of society.

3ismagic#
11-03-2011, 07:53 AM
I lived in a fair number of places (MI, WI, IA, IL, MA). I currently live in AZ. There are only two things I like about the place. The weather from November-March and the roads. Beautiful, smooth, and expansive roads. Every other thing in this god forsaken ****ehole stinks to high heaven. The people are the motliest mixture of in-bred rednecks who proudly shout their ignorance and stupidity from the rafters(Mesa/Gilbert), and vacuous d-bag jersey shore cast rejects (scottsdale). Everyone drives either a hummer or a similarly enormous F350 truck with massive wheels and then parks it in a compact car spot. And most of the time one can't even enjoy the roads because everyone here has no clue how to drive. Not just aggressive, but wildly erratically aggressive. It's a virtual daily occurrence that I am nearly hit or run off the road by some moron bimbo texting on the highway in her massive Chevy Tahoe with one car seat in it. I've lived in the same subdivision for 5 years and barely know any of my neighbors. Next summer I'm moving back north to PA and seriously it can't come soon enough.

chris328
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
lol Chevy Tahoe

iaebg
05-19-2013, 05:49 AM
i dont drive below the speed limit, ill drive maybe 5 or 10 miles above it, and people around here STILL get pissed. theres no way to be accepted in this area unless you drive some kind of huge annoying FORD truck or SUV with patriots and red sox stickers plasteres all over the back of it. this place is seriously the armpit of society.

Resurrecting this thread. I agree with your 100%.

My daily commute starts at 5:45am when , mind you, there isn't much traffic on 128S. I'll be doing 80-85mph and there is always some asshat riding my bumper. It sucks.

Were it not for my family here, I'd move to Austin in a heartbeat.

Stacey & Bella
05-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm so sorry you feel that way! I love ma! Maybe you need to go west!

Stacey & Bella
05-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Kamdog
05-27-2013, 03:31 PM

Stacey & Bella
05-27-2013, 04:15 PM
It's only polite to move out of the way !

Ph0bic
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
if you hate it so much why don't you leave?

Stacey & Bella
06-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Especially a day like today: open the sunroof and enjoy the ride!

ake53
06-04-2013, 11:53 AM

what city?
You might know me, I drive a Dark Green X5 with black style 57 rims

Stacey & Bella
06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I work and live in between 190 and 91. Not really a city girl, I actually enjoy driving the rt. 2 corridor !!

ake53
06-04-2013, 12:16 PM
orange area?!
rt 2 is nothing crazy... trade your x3 for sedan or coupe or even an x5 and than take some curvy roads.
Ah I like country too, thats why I have the X5 for a bit of off-roading.

Stacey & Bella
06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Funny you say that! I'm trying to rationalize a "summer" BMW!

ake53
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Summer bmw in mass? Cmon girl, its new england! Today its 94 and in a few days it might just snow like it did in october. Smh

Stacey & Bella
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Smh? You're not helping!! Rt.2 in a convertible bmw in any weather! As long as the heat works!!

ake53
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
In a convertible?! Must be a chick thing! But m3 or m5 on any back road! Muahhhh.

Stacey & Bella
06-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Chick thing?!? I was actually thinking about a z3,z4. If I was to pull the trigger right now it would have to be used.

ake53
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I test drove a z3 last week. Its very weak in my opinion, small and just weird. Did not like the handling or the amount of power. Just felt weak compared to my m54

Stacey & Bella
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
They make a MZ4 - E85/86

ake53
06-05-2013, 05:30 AM
ok, z4 may be good but take out the z3.
z3 makes a good beater car.

Stacey & Bella
06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Another gorgeous day in Ma!!

ake53
06-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Yes until the rain starts tonight and tomorrow once again!

Stacey & Bella
06-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Yikes! Cranky! Rain is just a part of it!

ake53
06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
ah, just sick of all the rain this year..
:/

Stacey & Bella
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Rain makes one appreciate the sun !

s-thetikz
06-06-2013, 05:04 PM

hahaha. it's amazing how many people i've met since i've been in massachusetts that people complain about what assholes people are

Stacey & Bella
06-06-2013, 09:04 PM
What people are you talking to? Most people I know like other people and like our state! I think someone else said it: if you don't like it try going somewhere else, somewhere you'll be happier! Isn't that what it's all about?

ake53
06-07-2013, 06:34 AM
What people are you talking to? Most people I know like other people and like our state! I think someone else said it: if you don't like it try going somewhere else, somewhere you'll be happier! Isn't that what it's all about?

rain yet again!
Ah mass, isnt too bad.. teens that grew up here hate in usually...
mass is on the list of top worst state drivers... cops here suck...boston is full of tourists and traffic all the time. teens start getting their license at 16 1/2 which is a bad idea... we can turn right on red in most places unless noted... roads are small here. we are taxed heavily... standard of living depends on the area you are in. health care is forced upon you or you are heavily fined. not much jobs here... but its still Massachusetts get used to it

Stacey & Bella
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Wow! Anything else to add to the list? Were you ever 16? What city doesn't have traffic? LA? DC? NYC? No one in Boston has ever spit on my windshield. In NYC they spit on my windshield and then want money to clean it off ! All set with that!

Kamdog
06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Wow! Anything else to add to the list? Were you ever 16? What city doesn't have traffic? LA? DC? NYC? No one in Boston has ever spit on my windshield. In NYC they spit on my windshield and then want money to clean it off ! All set with that!

Take off the Red Sox cap, and put on a Yankee cap, and it won't happen. :eeps:

Stacey & Bella
06-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Never! And I don't even like baseball! Go BRUINS!!

Pearson10M
06-12-2013, 08:10 AM
I have lived in MA for 20 years. Came in 1993 for a job ,met and married MA gal, and now I am stuck here.

I have lived all over the US and a few years overseas and been to at least 300 cities in the US. While Boston and Massachusetts have their quirks, there are a lot worse places in the US to live.

Places I have lived:

Greater Philadelphia area (Wilmington, DE and Main Line/Radnor area)
Princeton, NJ
Rochester/Pittsford, NY
Troy, NY
Salt Lake City Area (Ogden)
Los Angeles (Duarte/Monrovia area)

Most of those places were fine for when I lived there (age/time in my life), but I would never go back to most of them.

Aside from the Boston/MA area high cost of living, traffic, taxes, corrupt politics, infatuation with anyone named "Kennedy", snootyness, and the Hub-centric attitude, etc., the area is/has:

World Class Medical care
Close to both the "mountains" and the beach
Vibrant City with lots of Cultural activities
Young town with vibrant and top rate institutions
Clean area with minimal pollution/smog
Fairly recession proof - especially housing and jobs
Fairly temperate climate- Not real cold in winter or real hot in summer
Big city features in a small safe city

If I had my choice now, and were to leave Boston, I'd live in or around Annapolis, MD, Portland, OR ,or Seattle, WA.

Stacey & Bella
06-13-2013, 04:14 PM
I appreciate the well written post! I can't see myself living anywhere else!

Stacey & Bella
06-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Another gorgeous MA day! Go BRUINS!!

pmacd55
08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Love the Boston area but the weather sucks IMHO.

Stacey & Bella
08-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Could be worse:wildfires, hurricanes, sinkholes!:)

neelkc12
09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Be careful out there . It's end of the month .MA cops have gone nuts.

My wife was turning left from the main st Street( North Bound) to the rear entrance h road of grocery chain .The other car was coming out of the entrance road and was trying to take a left on main st Street( North Bound). Both vehicles collided on the driver side.After collision my wife lost control of the vehicle and hit a utility post on main street The cars got towed. Fortunately no one was injured.

My wife was amazed and broken down to receive a citation( marked criminal-) and her license revoked - as per a fax from RMV - delivered by an officer at our house around 5 p.m. We would be meeting a defense lawyer tomorrow morning to discuss the issue since she has only 4 days to appeal.

My wife's driving record is relatively clean . The last incident was in 2007.

She got wonderfully played down too. One of the officers was nasty - screamed and intimidated her. The other one was super nice . Drove her home and her genuinely wished her good luck. Go figure.