PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with "profile"?

dkreidel
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
When the i-drive comes alive I've started getting a screen headlined "PROFILE" that looks like this:

(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(Guest)

What's this all about? If I simply push down on the i-drive controller it cycles to the "ACCEPT" screen and all is normal.

And no, I didn't RTFM :D

Dick

car-fan
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
When the i-drive comes alive I've started getting a screen headlined "PROFILE" that looks like this:

(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(Guest)

What's this all about? If I simply push down on the i-drive controller it cycles to the "ACCEPT" screen and all is normal.

Dick

Interesting that it comes up on its own like that. Profile is used to store preferences for you, and whoever else may drive your car.

long time
11-06-2011, 03:35 AM
you can take your profile and load it to a USB - If you drive another BMW , like a rental or loaner, the profile can be uploaded to that car and she is all ready to go.

TopDownInFL
11-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I tried using the export import feature to take the profile from one key and import it to another (to transfer all the radio settings) and it did absolutely nothing.

anythingbuttime
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Try creating a profile. It looks like even the basic profile was deleted and now the car hasnothing to associate your key with.

(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(-----)
(Guest)

Dick

HoustonBimmer
11-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I just named my profile and hit the option to NOT have the profiles come up at start.

TopDownInFL
11-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I just named my profile and hit the option to NOT have the profiles come up at start.

Where, please?!

Houston Bimmer
11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
I dont recall exactly but in setting on the bottom of the first menu, I think you can find profiles, then I think you can hit the option button on idrive in that setting to have it not come up at start. I am not in my car now but it is something like that.

Sorry I am not exact

TopDownInFL
11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I dont recall exactly but in setting on the bottom of the first menu, I think you can find profiles, then I think you can hit the option button on idrive in that setting to have it not come up at start. I am not in my car now but it is something like that.

Sorry I am not exact

Thanks. I meant where you named your profile...

Houston Bimmer
11-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks. I meant where you named your profile...

In the profile section of the settings. go to profiles and change. (Sorry I am traveling and cant get to my car)

jettie1767
11-15-2011, 11:14 AM
I tried this profile saving on my F10 and then transferred it to the F13. It did take care of the settings (e.g radio, ac, etc) but one thing it didn't do too well was adjusting the side mirrors and seat settings. I wish it would recognize that it's a different model and adjust accordingly :).