PDA

View Full Version : Fest terms of use question

Sabrina
04-15-2004, 05:57 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place ... I'm sure it'll be moved or closed if I didn't ... :dunno:

I have read the terms of use, the detailed version, lovely reading I might add :angel: ... there are a few questions that I would like answered in order to better my experiences here at the Fest and I'm asking in a public forum as I think others will benefit from it ...

It lists the following:
Any violation of these rules will lead to a warning for the user.
First warning does not result in any action
Second warning results in a 48 hour ban of the site
Third warning will constitute a 2 week ban from the site
Any member who has more than 3 warnings will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis

My question is do these warnings last the whole time you are on the Fest or is there a time frame for them?

Also it doesn't state if these warnings come from certain individuals, its a group decision, if the system automatically triggers off of certain words, etc. etc? I guess my question is do personal feelings get involved in the decisions as to who gets the warnings and who doesn't? My concern with this would be that perhaps maybe the individual giving the warning might assume something that really isn't/wasn't there or perhaps have negative feelings towards certain individuals which would cause them to give a warning sooner than someone else may get one??? ... I understand its a difficult job, I'm just wondering how its addressed? :dunno:

I am not looking to cause problems, however, since I already have one lovely warning under my belt ... I would like to know what all the rules are, spelled out ... I'm trying to be a responsible poster :angel:

I would also like to know who the individuals are that are responsible to responding to any correspondence sent to info@bimmerfest.com?

TIA ;) :p

Alex Baumann
04-15-2004, 05:58 AM
Yes, it is a difficult job.

·clyde·
04-15-2004, 06:16 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place ... I'm sure it'll be moved or closed if I didn't ... :dunno:

Gee, I think there's a forum here called "Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions"

What do you think that's for? :dunno:

:AF330i:

Sabrina
04-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Gee, I think there's a forum here called "Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions"

What do you think that's for? :dunno:

:AF330i:

Sorry ... I'm not the brightest bulb in the picnic basket ... thanks :thumbup: ;) :p

·clyde·
04-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Sorry ... I'm not the brightest bulb in the picnic basket ... thanks :thumbup: ;) :p

No fuss, no muss.

LmtdSlip
04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
So, what did you do to get a warning? :dunno:

Sabrina
04-15-2004, 06:57 PM
So, what did you do to get a warning? :dunno:

One of the moderators thought I was making an attack on Bruce330cic, so I received a warning ... Bruce and I were playing ... just like I played with someone else today and received no warnings :dunno: That is why I would like clarification on the terms ... but have seen nothing yet ... :angel: ;) :p

Sabrina
04-16-2004, 06:45 AM
How come no one is responding to my questions ... :dunno: I would have to say since there is no response ... all is fair :thumbup: ;) :p

LmtdSlip
04-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Stop bumping these old threads.... :p

Or you will be reported to the mods

Sabrina
04-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Stop bumping these old threads.... :p

Or you will be reported to the mods

It feels like an old one ... :angel: ;) :p

JetBlack330i
04-17-2004, 06:11 AM
One of the moderators thought I was making an attack on Bruce330cic, so I received a warning ... Bruce and I were playing ... just like I played with someone else today and received no warnings :dunno: That is why I would like clarification on the terms ... but have seen nothing yet ... :angel: ;) :p
Did Bruce get his 2 week ban as a result of that play or did he "play" with someone else? :yikes:
You guys... eh... gals... eh... help me out here... Less foreplay, just jump into action. :bigpimp:

Mods: I'm playing, OK? Brina and Bruce are my buddies. ;)

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-17-2004, 06:23 AM
It's not like the TOU are anything even close to enforced. :p

Sabrina
04-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Did Bruce get his 2 week ban as a result of that play or did he "play" with someone else? :yikes:
You guys... eh... gals... eh... help me out here... Less foreplay, just jump into action. :bigpimp:

Mods: I'm playing, OK? Brina and Bruce are my buddies. ;)

He played with someone else who obviously didn't have a sense of humor :rolleyes:

Isn't it sad how you have to notify mods, whoever, that you are just playing :tsk: :rolleyes:

BTW .... I don't remember registering as your buddy :angel: ;) :p

Sabrina
04-18-2004, 10:15 PM
It's not like the TOU are anything even close to enforced. :p

I know how you wish it was ;) :p