BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Convertible Window Adjustment

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Rebabal 
#1 ·
I think this is my first post, can't remember... so hello all.

Sometimes, not all the times, when the passenger-side door is opened the window doesn't retract far down enough resulting in the window staying popped open when closed because it hits the convertible trim. The part of the trim that it hits looks to be slightly bent out of shape than the driver-side. I've lightly taken a pair of cloth-wrapped pliers and attempted to persuade the piece out of the way but the tension of the top doesn't let it move. Can I adjust the height of the automatic window crack feature to make it a few mm lower for the automatic window crack feature?

Also, from time to time the driver-side door doesn't roll down at all either when the door is opened. I've searched about this online and have a few ideas as to what but would prefer a first-hand experience with the matter from someone who can give me a direct cause/fix - if available.

TL;DR Cliffnotes: Convertible window seal on passenger side is slightly damaged, sometimes the window doesn't roll down far enough to clear it upon door closure. Can I adjust the height of the automatic roll-down feature to make it a few mm lower for the automatic window crack feature?

Attached is a picture of my car the day I had my CSL replicas put on for good spirits

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.