PDA

View Full Version : New SIXER is mine .. But watch out

naifitto
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions which made my life easy when I purchased my new 2012 650i and I thought I want to give a feedback about my experience

The car is just one of a kind with an unbeatable performance. I drove out of the lot with a one of a kind feeling and satisfaction! a sweet ride and the best deal I got on a bimmer ever. I've been driving 7 series all my life but decided to switch

BUT ...

The car was flawless until the second day! Bummer :cry::cry:

The siren died and noticed something funny with the headrests! the driver headrest stopped working then the next day it was fine but the passenger headrest stopped! Took it to the dealer and they kept it overnight and give it to me all good saying that it was in "transport mode" ... As I drove home the problem happened again!!!:thumbdwn:

Took it back and they fixed the issue saying the transport mode came back!! Then as I hit drive in the dealership, the problem started again and they are out of options!!

The car is still 10 days old and spent 2 overnights at the dealership with no solution! I am afraid its a major programming defect that I have to live with again like my previous 745li

Watch out guys and get your car checked for this issue.. Its not mechanical but a software issue that might bit back in the future

Wish me luck please

TopDownInFL
11-12-2011, 06:57 PM
First- Welcome to the 'fest!
Second - your car is beautiful.
Third - sounds like you should be having a conversation with someone to address this beyond that of the service manager.

car-fan
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions which made my life easy when I purchased my new 2012 650i and I thought I want to give a feedback about my experience

The car is just one of a kind with an unbeatable performance. I drove out of the lot with a one of a kind feeling and satisfaction! a sweet ride and the best deal I got on a bimmer ever. I've been driving 7 series all my life but decided to switch

BUT ...

The car was flawless until the second day! Bummer :cry::cry:

The siren died and noticed something funny with the headrests! the driver headrest stopped working then the next day it was fine but the passenger headrest stopped! Took it to the dealer and they kept it overnight and give it to me all good saying that it was in "transport mode" ... As I drove home the problem happened again!!!:thumbdwn:

Took it back and they fixed the issue saying the transport mode came back!! Then as I hit drive in the dealership, the problem started again and they are out of options!!

The car is still 10 days old and spent 2 overnights at the dealership with no solution! I am afraid its a major programming defect that I have to live with again like my previous 745li

Watch out guys and get your car checked for this issue.. Its not mechanical but a software issue that might bit back in the future

Wish me luck please

It really is likely a programming issue. They may need to reprogram the entire car. i experienced "transport mode" issues with my former GT. With that car I lost all sound - no radio, no seat belt chime, no nav voice. Apparently all audio and warning chimes are all fed through the vehicle amplifier.

They should be able to remedy the issue.

Best of luck.

BTW: If it keeps happening I suspect they may escalate the issue and open a PUMA case with BMW NA, which involves the rep assigned to your dealership as well as BMW engineers.

Elias
11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully the dealer will get you fixed up in no time.

naifitto
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all you for your support and you all have some sweet rides :)

JUST TO GIVE YOU HEADS UP! The dealer was nice enough to deliver a 650i to my drive way and took my car. BUT THE STRANGE THING was the headrest in the loaner does not work as well!!! This is really strange!

still wishing its nothing major:thumbdwn:

Leslierc
11-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Pardon my curiosity, but what is it about the headrest that's not working?

naifitto
11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Pardon my curiosity, but what is it about the headrest that's not working?

Its stuck and does not go up or down .. The first time it happened, the problem kept moving from one side to another. One day the passenger side is bad and driver side is fine and vise versa! Two attempts to fix the problem failed and the car is the shop now till further notice

As I mentioned the problem appeared in the loaner as well .. :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

petriej
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
...how often do you need to adjust the headrest?

naifitto
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
I'll let you know when it starts working lol

Seriously man a car worth over 100k should be flawless And worry free

car-fan
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Your headrest is not working? That's just odd. Where the seat backs locked? Only issue I experienced thus far is my rear view camera door - went on the brink (wouldn't open automatically) for a few hours. Now it has corrected itself. I did have my SA order another rear roundel housing, but since it appears to be working fine now - i'm not going to let them bother with it. You know the saying if it "aint broke don't fix it".. I have come to learn over the years that all Bimmer's have their nuances some work themselves out others require a hard fix.