PDA

View Full Version : Here is the question 2011 550i or 2009 BMW M5

Supercomputers
11-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Mileage is about the same both around 10,000 both used.

Price is about the same around 54,000 each

Options are on par with each other. Cold Weather, Prem 2 , Conv Package ect.

Really a tuff spot. I have loved the M5 for years However

The 2011 550i has the new body and new features. Plus with the Dinan Stage 2 Upgrade your horsepower is on par with the M5 and better gas mileage.

What do you guys think?

What are your thoughts here. I am also only looking to keep either car for about 3 years so resale would be important and it looks like the 05-10 M5 are taking it on the chin

Let me know your thoughts.

magnumforc
11-20-2011, 10:54 PM
All depends on what your overall needs and wants are. For space and utility, you simply can't beat the 550i GT. Nothing in its class comes close to offering the interior room, rear seat space and head room, rear seat comfort, especially for tall passengers, cargo space along with darned good BMW style handling. Then again, if you want an M5 for the lower profile, less room, perhaps a scosch better seating if it has the upgraded seating up front (Not better than the GT with the multi-contour seats in my humble opinion, though), less rear seat room, less cargo space, but a V8 that whines and sounds like all hell has broken loose when you dump the clutch, then you have a choice to make.

We have two GT's, a 2010 and a 2011 and I've now become so satisfied that I've even become complacent with the 535i series, since the turbo boost is so instant in Sport and Sport+ mode that it easily emulates most V8 power. Having been a 400+ HP driver I appreciate authoritarian acceleration, but with todays fuel mileage and gas costs pulling the strings to some extent, the current rides are more than adequate to haul tail to anywhere we need to go!

Happy hunting!

Maverick64
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
M5.......no 550......no M5........550? see which one sings to you....................Good luck