PDA

View Full Version : X5 car detailing

vdt04452
04-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone, I just brought my X5 two months ago and it's time to do car detailing inside. I just wonder what kind of product did you guys use on the dash board to protect the it. The reason I asked because the material on the dash board is differ from Lexus material and I don't know whether it's vinyl or something else that BMW used on their X5 for maintenance free. Thank you :D

AndDown
04-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone, I just brought my X5 two months ago and it's time to do car detailing inside. I just wonder what kind of product did you guys use on the dash board to protect the it. The reason I asked because the material on the dash board is differ from Lexus material and I don't know whether it's vinyl or something else that BMW used on their X5 for maintenance free. Thank you :D

I don't think you need to worry about protecting it with any type of product; I understand that it is actually recycled from tires and recombined with other materials for the final product. I clean mine with a microfiber cloth and use a sunshield whenever possible.

If you are wanting to use a protectant, try the 303 Aerospace Protectant by 303 Products: www.303products.com