PDA

View Full Version : Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

willbedone
11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
I am finalizing what I want for my 2012 535xi. My current car is a 2005 545. My wife has complained about the seat comfort with the standard seats that came with my current car. For my 2012, I like the sport seats and package but am concerned that the seats will even be less comfortable for longer trips. Comfort seating is the standard. I am trying to decide which seats are best for long trips.

Dave600
11-24-2011, 03:47 PM
We have the multi-contour seats as part of the sports package. Having driven 3500 miles in the US and on our ED, I think the seats are very comfortable and supportive. I prefer a slightly firmer seat for long trips, the too-soft ones seem to mess with my hips and back. There are two memory settings, so his and hers is possible.

willbedone
11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience with the sports package seating. These are the ones that I prefer without having tried them for an extended period of time. So this helps.

1STBimmer
11-24-2011, 10:23 PM
There's about one thousand threads out there about comfort seats (multi contour seats) vs Sport seats, so you may want to run a search. They're basically all the same across the cars. Sports are stiffer, and nice. A nice upgrade to the standard seats. Comfort seats are amazing, got them on my X5, after owning two X5's with sports seats. What a difference. it was a no-brainier option when I ordered the GT. IMO they're a must. the ability to move the upper part of the seat back is great, also allows you to regulate seat bolstering.

I found them very comfortable in the GT, even after 8 hours of driving. I used to adjust the seat every 2/3 hours on my x5 with sports seats before.

Mikez38
11-25-2011, 05:10 PM
The multi contour seats in my 550iX are the most comfortable seats I have experienced. The adjustments are go beyond anything I have had in past cars. You can adjust the seat width as well as the top half of the seat making for an almost glove fit.

willbedone
11-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your experience with the multi-contour seats. Sounds like you are very happy with them. I will go this way also since I can get them to fit precisely with all the adjustments. Also, get the same for my wife's seat and put the settings in memory.

1STBimmer
11-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Btw with the comfort seats you get two memory settings on each front seat (both, driver and passenger).

innerloop
11-28-2011, 11:11 AM
The MC seats are great! It would be an error to think that these are more luxury-focused seats, in fact the side support (adjustable) and leg support is better than my sport seats in my previous 335 convertible. It's great to have a more comfortable seat while still giving really sporty support.

I believe the version of these seats in the GT (20-way adjustable) is not available elsewhere on the 5-series line-up, so it would be a missed opportunity to get them! I'm so happy I did, I've been driving a loaner car without them and they are sorely missed.