PDA

View Full Version : moving GT with door open

Wardman
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Hello -

Has anyone tried to move their GT with the driver side door open? Does it automatically put you back in park and throw a warning on the screen? I've had to pull the car close to some spots in my garage and cannot with the door open/cracked to peak at the side. Is there a way to override this that I'm missing?

Thx!

SFO1K
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
You can't drive w/the door open. Safety feature.
Camera Package (Top Down Camera) would alleviate your need to open the door since it gives you full view around the entire car.

Hello -

Has anyone tried to move their GT with the driver side door open? Does it automatically put you back in park and throw a warning on the screen? I've had to pull the car close to some spots in my garage and cannot with the door open/cracked to peak at the side. Is there a way to override this that I'm missing?

Thx!

1STBimmer
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
put the seatbelt on, it will let you do it. it is part of the litigation proof system, I mean safety system in modern Bimmers, my X5 does the same thing...

Hello -

Thx!

Wardman
12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Ah-ha!

I got it to work today and was wondering what I had done differently, that must have been it.

Thx!

mason
12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, the first time it would let you move a few feet (really really slow), but you would get a warning. From that point on, the car would stop you.