PDA

View Full Version : 2012 640i - Accountant's special

BravoMikeWiskey
12-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Interesting review by Dan Neil from WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204443404577052032628524106.html?m od=WSJ_comments_MoreIn_AutoIndustryNews#articleTab s=article

makes me want to test drive CTSV :confused:

TopDownInFL
12-03-2011, 03:50 AM
My favorite quotes:

"[The 640] is a keeper of appointments, a winder of watches, a maker of important meetings"

"Curiously, there is only one full-size personal luxury coupe that competes directly with the 6-series coupe-the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe-and the two cars are chalk and cheese. The BMW is refined to the third decimal..."

"The Cadillac? Yeah, not so much... and the LCD screen that rises, toast-like, from the center stack isn't looking very contemporary, either."

Dan didn't think the 640 was fun, though. I would respectfully disagree, and disrespectfully disagree if he was driving the 650.

Itinj6
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I went to Caddy to look at/test drive the CTS-V. The dealer wouldnt get the keys for me to sit in it let alone test drive it (Telling me that CTS-V owners dont like other people sitting in or driving their car). Well how am I supposed to know that I won't be a CTS-V owner if i cant at least sit in the damn thing??? :thumbdwn: Also, if you plan on leasing, the residual on a CTS-V is terrible. They wanted $1000/mo for a $62K car (it was a leftover from last year too). I'm paying less than $100 more for a 2012 650i Vert, highly optioned. Granted I got a good deal, but still...

Superschnell
12-04-2011, 05:51 AM
I went to Caddy to look at/test drive the CTS-V. The dealer wouldnt get the keys for me to sit in it let alone test drive it (Telling me that CTS-V owners dont like other people sitting in or driving their car). Well how am I supposed to know that I won't be a CTS-V owner if i cant at least sit in the damn thing??? :thumbdwn:

From time to time you meet incredibly arrogant salesmen. It helps when you park your BMW visible in front of the entrance, but if that is what it takes it's better to see another dealer :thumbup:

svp66
12-04-2011, 06:34 AM
I went to Caddy to look at/test drive the CTS-V. The dealer wouldnt get the keys for me to sit in it let alone test drive it (Telling me that CTS-V owners dont like other people sitting in or driving their car). Well how am I supposed to know that I won't be a CTS-V owner if i cant at least sit in the damn thing??? :thumbdwn: Also, if you plan on leasing, the residual on a CTS-V is terrible. They wanted $1000/mo for a $62K car (it was a leftover from last year too). I'm paying less than $100 more for a 2012 650i Vert, highly optioned. Granted I got a good deal, but still...

That's because some car salesmen are stupid.... I had a Maserati junior salesperson tell me that "exotics are sensitive to miles" and therefore I cannot test drive one.... I bit the bullet because they are the only dealership in the state and called the manager next week - he was profusely apologetic and got my test drive (with the same sales guy, very humble this time around). I would not buy from their dealership though....

Caddy dealers are plenty around, look for the CTS-V elsewhere if you like that car. Of course, you could have the 6er for just a little more money....

Itinj6
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
That Caddy dealer was a friend of a friend lol... What a jerk face. I'm better off anyway because I got the 6'er instead and BMW was very liberal with letting me test drive. Since they didnt have one on the lot, they brought one in from another dealership within 15 mins, tossed me and my fiancee the keys and told me to bring it back when I felt that I had a sufficient test drive.

AMIL
12-26-2011, 07:27 PM

sorry to go off topic. but what are the details of your lease? msrp? down? miles? ED? 900 a month for a 12 650ci is an incredible deal.

N62B44 SGM
12-26-2011, 07:32 PM
tossed me and my fiancee the keys and told me to bring it back when I felt that I had a sufficient test drive.

That's freaking awesome :thumbup:

Itinj6
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
sorry to go off topic. but what are the details of your lease? msrp? down? miles? ED? 900 a month for a 12 650ci is an incredible deal.

"They wanted $1000/mo for a $62K car (it was a leftover from last year too). I'm paying less than $100 more for a 2012 650i Vert, highly optioned."

I worded it funny but if you read it again it is actually more than 1,000... 1,099 to be exact. I cant remember all the details, but the MSRP was 104,(and change). 2,500 down, 10K/year. Plus BMW loyalty, some military discount (Dealer is friend) and a price beat on another deal I got from my fiancee's cousin who works in auto leasing and financing. Please help with ED. This is my first ever lease and I'm not sure what that is short for.

That's freaking awesome :thumbup:

Hellz ya... The top was already down waiting for me. Also, as I was on my test drive, some guy outside in his front yard yelled to me, "YOU WON... NICE CAR." Not meaning to be a d*ck, I pulled a Charlie Sheen on him and yelled back, "WINNING!" It was just way too appropriate at the time lol