PDA

View Full Version : Where to find those matte black grilles for F12

danzzz
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
I tired eBay, but no luck. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Itinj6
12-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Waiting for these to hit production as well...

Not sure if you want to hold on to the original but would powder coating them be an option? Just a though...

JONNYCHIRO
12-31-2011, 05:19 PM
The extremely cool Sales Manager @ the Dealership handed me two IOU slips today:
One for the Black Kidney Grills.
The other for Black Shadow Line Trim.
I'll let you know when it's in.

Itinj6
12-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Shadow line trim too??? That is so exciting. Please let us know. I'm getting my rims powder coated in black soon and I can't wait for the grille and trim to come out

JONNYCHIRO
12-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, trim too and the install! I will definitely keep you posted. I am stoked!
Which wheels are you coating?

Itinj6
12-31-2011, 07:14 PM
The 20" (style 356). I think they will look sick in a black high gloss. I didn't know that BMW allows you to powder coat their wheels on a lease but according to my dealer, it is at the GM's discretion and they allow it at mine. They do the powder coating too for that matter.

JONNYCHIRO
12-31-2011, 07:27 PM
The 20" (style 356). I think they will look sick in a black high gloss. I didn't know that BMW allows you to powder coat their wheels on a lease but according to my dealer, it is at the GM's discretion and they allow it at mine. They do the powder coating too for that matter.

Yeah I'd really like to see that. Post some pics when you've got it done.

When it comes to Lease return the Dealership varies greatly.
I had a dealership try to hit me for minimal wear such as scuffing of the leather seat (driver's side) even though I had an excess wear policy. In the end they didn't--but I don't go there anymore.

This dealership I am at now is winning hearts and minds. In addition to the Bonus IOU's I mentioned they let me slide on my lease return. I had slicks for tires etc.

I had written okay's from the dealer installed blow off valve and cold air intake. I wasn't willing to get grief on the turn in.

Anyway, if you have the work done at the dealership and get a note on their letter head approving it for lease return--you're good/

Itinj6
01-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Absolutely. I'm stoked to get it done

danzzz
01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
The extremely cool Sales Manager @ the Dealership handed me two IOU slips today:
One for the Black Kidney Grills.
The other for Black Shadow Line Trim.
I'll let you know when it's in.

Please...please keep us posted.

petriej
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Try this:

By an extra set of the normal grills and paint/wrap them. Same with the trim. Plenty of installers around that can do that. Some are even board sponsors! :thumbup:

JONNYCHIRO
01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Dealership called me today. Good news: The Shadowline trim can NOW be ordered.
Bad News (for them) it cost like $1500 just in parts--that's not including install.

I'm holding two IOU's for Shadowline Trim & Grill so it's really their problem. But I've become friendly w the GM and I can tell he's sweating it now that he's in so deep.
They've asked if I'd be willing to let them have it painted black and if it doesn't come out better than factory parts they'd order it.

Of course nothing is simple...

Itinj6
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the update. I spoke to my service guy today and he said the black grille should be between $150-200 but they aren't available yet. Maybe I shoulda asked parts lol. Anyway that's not bad for the grill but for the shadow line stuff, I'm just going to get the trim vinyl wrapped. Much cheaper and can be removed. Also, I'm getting my rims powder coated on Monday and asked if they can throw the grille in the oven while they are at it, but they said the paint won't stick to the surface of the grille.

JONNYCHIRO
01-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the update. I spoke to my service guy today and he said the black grille should be between $150-200 but they aren't available yet. Maybe I shoulda asked parts lolI'm just going to get the trim vinyl wrapped. Much cheaper and can be removed.

Sounds right $200 for the grille is what I paid for mine on a 335.
The Shadowline trim is like 8 pieces @ $200/per in parts. It's typically ordered when
one-three are needed to be replaced...

Vinyl trim? Do you have a pic of what that'd look like?
I'd be most concerned about how it would weather/wear?
Here in FL I don't think it'd stand a chance...

The paint won't stick to the grille b/c it's plastic.
But the Aluminum trim should work same as it will for your wheels.

JONNYCHIRO
01-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Sales GM told me the job is $2000 plus and that the pieces will be backordered.

Long story short: He calls and asks me come down before customer picks up his Alpina.
I've never seen such a Beautiful job. The shadow line looks way better than the black stock.
It's got hints of black chrome.

I just dropped off the car for the expected 3 days they will need. He says it will be more than the 2K factory part option. When I asked why go that route? He replied if I am going to get wet I want to go swimming.

I've NEVER had any sales people treat me so well (and I am the first to admit I fight to get treated right.) No fight required.

I will be posting pics soon. And the GM's name and dealer local. If the work even approximates the job they did on the Alpina--I'll post their info too!!!!!

Itinj6
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Nice!!! Pics for sure...
Well fortunately, with some steering issues I been having, BMW decided to get me out of my car and into another one. So I guess I won't be doing the wheels until I get my new one... Good thing they decided this before I did my wheels or I would be out the $$$ it costs to powder coat them :)

JONNYCHIRO
01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
You mean these bad boys?
Painted the OEM. Delicious. No?

danzzz
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
totally awesome but pricy too. :(

midcont
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
get them at modbargains...cheap and easy.
solid black so they don't chip either
http://www.modbargains.com/_e/E63_Exterior/product/Modbargains_Matte_Black_Grilles_E63_RS1/Modbargains_Matte_Black_Carbon_Fiber_Kidney_Grille s_E63.htm

danzzz
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
get them at modbargains...cheap and easy.
solid black so they don't chip either
http://www.modbargains.com/_e/E63_Exterior/product/Modbargains_Matte_Black_Grilles_E63_RS1/Modbargains_Matte_Black_Carbon_Fiber_Kidney_Grille s_E63.htm

Thanks for sharing but those are for E63's. You can actually get a better price on eBay for those. :D

southern6er22
04-19-2012, 10:00 PM
These aren't my thing, but I stumbled across them and thought I'd share:

M Performance Grill, Matte Black: http://accessories.bmw.ca/internet_bmw/servlet/navigateDetails.do?language=en&nscId=1123&localePath=/CA/en&ts=1334894234614&from=2&fromList=true&nav=1&absoluteNav=6

Itinj6
04-19-2012, 11:29 PM

M Performance Grill, Matte Black: http://accessories.bmw.ca/internet_bmw/servlet/navigateDetails.do?language=en&nscId=1123&localePath=/CA/en&ts=1334894234614&from=2&fromList=true&nav=1&absoluteNav=6

Silicon Remover Concentrate?

Lol. That's not my bag either baby.

southern6er22
04-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Well crap. I'm not a fan of this site. Find it for yourselves ;) lol

Why is it that they get so many accessories on the Canadian site yet we have less than 20% of those on the BMW USA accessories site? Can we still get these things special ordered from our dealers pretty easily, or do they have to come from Canada?

jordanM3
04-20-2012, 12:00 AM

I have these (well, similar) on my 335i and much prefer the look. Am I just missing it, or is there no listed price on these?

southern6er22
04-20-2012, 12:21 AM
I have these (well, similar) on my 335i and much prefer the look. Am I just missing it, or is there no listed price on these?

I didn't see any prices either. I figure at the very least I could print the page of a specific item and bring it to the parts department at the dealer and let them figure it out. Doesn't make any sense.

jordanM3
04-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Do you ever sleep? It's late for me, and I'm on PST.

southern6er22
04-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Haha. It's only 1:45 here. Blame my college sleep cycle.

jordanM3
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that will fade.

I used to be able to stay up all night no problem, reading/studying/playing around, whatever.

Now 11:30 rolls around and I start thinking about bed. Just wait, I'm not that much older than you.

southern6er22
04-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Sure hope so. I'm getting too old for 4 hours of sleep. :)

XZLR8
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Sure hope so. I'm getting too old for 4 hours of sleep. :)

I'm 42 and I still barely sleep more than that. Believe me, it begins to take a toll.

JONNYCHIRO
04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Sleep is a weapon. U need it in your arsenal.

Itinj6
04-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Am I the only one not seeing the black grilles?

I even filtered the search criteria and still couldn't find it from the link.

Speaking of ordering stuff from overseas models... How did that soft close work for us? Lol

Edit- nevermind. I found it. The M-Performance black grille is gloss though, right? I actually want gloss so of it is, it works out.

Thanks for the heads up, Southern

jordanM3
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I think they are matte black....that's normally how they are.

Talked to Tischer for parts information, and I guess they have not been released yet.

Finding stuff for a 6-Series has been very frustrating, it was incredibly easy to find carbon fiber roundals, black grills, etc. for my 335i.

Itinj6
04-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I think they are matte black....that's normally how they are.

Talked to Tischer for parts information, and I guess they have not been released yet.

Finding stuff for a 6-Series has been very frustrating, it was incredibly easy to find carbon fiber roundals, black grills, etc. for my 335i.

Bimmian has some stuff already but not that much. This car has been around for about a year already. What gives?

jordanM3
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
They sell a lot more 3-Series than 6-Series....target market is probably 10 times bigger.

JONNYCHIRO
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
They sell a lot more 3-Series than 6-Series....target market is probably 10 times bigger.

Makes sense 3 is mod world.