PDA

View Full Version : bmw 6 series driving experience in South Carolina

namja007
12-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Has any of you been to the 2 day event. I've been there once for this event with my e64. I have heard that they are not giving that 2 day event to new f12/f13 buyers. Does anyone know if they may still offer it. Just purchased my 650 xdrive vert. yesterday.

long time
12-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I took delivery of my F12 in Mid October and have not received an invite to Spartanburg. In 2009 the invite was mentioned by the dealer when they rolled the unit and an email and formal invite came within 30 days.
Looks like no 2 day for us....

dkreidel
12-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Yea, that was fun! Sadly, that program is not offered for the F12/13 Six buyers

dk

XZLR8
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I went each time with my previous 6ers. Great fun. Would have loved to do it again.

GreyCoupe
12-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Curious. I wonder why. I am still mystified as to why I had to wait a month for delivery of my F13's non-event launch. The car sat for a month after it arrived.

Sandlapper
12-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Greycoupe,
Yep, you and I both waited the endless days while our cars sat at the port and then...no launch celebration by BMW or the dealers?@%$# Why?
The BMW paperwork did show that no 2 day 6er event would be part of the new 6 delivery package for the 2012 models.
But as part of my deal, I had arranged a "mock" delivery at the Performance Driving Center for the one day event which I did attend. I had the PDC assure me they had a 2012 6er available so I would have one to drive. They reserved the only one they had for me, an F13, which was fine.
I had a great time and enjoyed seeing what the performance was like on my trips around the track. So while there is no 2 day event, the PDC did treat me right complete with the BMW factory tour there in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC.
Happy Holidays to all you 6 drivers.:)

GreyCoupe
12-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Glad they took care of you--if I had a feather in my fanny, we'd both be tickled---I am still sore about the way we were treated on delivery.

They just made up a story, and let us swing for a month. And delayed our deliveries for nothing; there was no event. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, "Big company makes up baloney and expects consumers to believe it!" is not exactly headline news. I like the car just fine, but as to trusting BMWNA, um, not so much.