PDA

View Full Version : Top UP pictures

tbod
12-25-2011, 05:45 AM
I've got a '12 white 650 vert. I'm going to order a new one with Xdrive but I'm not sure about the color. I like white but I don't like having the same color car 2x in a row. Every real pic I see on the net is with the top down. Anyone have any top up pics or can link to help me pic a color? I've found red and silver. Now I'm just want to see that mojave (I think), blue, and black.

GreyCoupe
12-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow! Bet that will be a helluva whack on the trade in!! Unless you live in the mountains, do you think the xi use will justify the premium. We traded a 535xi on the new 6 and were never really aware of its use...except for the weight.

long time
12-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I attached this pic I just took in the garage, if you want a specific angle etc just let me know - I prefer the beige top to black but that depends on where you park too.

unclebnz
12-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I've got a '12 white 650 vert. I'm going to order a new one with Xdrive but I'm not sure about the color. I like white but I don't like having the same color car 2x in a row. Every real pic I see on the net is with the top down. Anyone have any top up pics or can link to help me pic a color? I've found red and silver. Now I'm just want to see that mojave (I think), blue, and black.

I've attaches a few pics.

TopDownInFL
12-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I LOVE that third pic. Actually made me think about my choice of a coupe (for about a second or two... ) GREAT color!

car-fan
12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I've attaches a few pics.

How were you able to extend the wipers fully? I know on my former Q5 there was a wiper service setting accessible via MMI. Up to this point when washing my car I have been resigned to reaching and wiping under the wipers//:rolleyes::dunno:

thom.one.two
12-26-2011, 09:43 PM
It was a hard choice between the white and the Space Grey for me. It has been raining here in Houston, but tomorrow starts good weather. Will take some pics tomorrow.

thom.one.two
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Other shots when I picked her up and traded my last 6er.

Both of my 650's have been white. The first had black interior. This one has white interior, which will not be fun to keep clean, but with the contrast stitching and the Bang speakers, the white is stunning inside.

thom.one.two
12-26-2011, 10:11 PM
One more randome thought, tbod...
If you want M-Sport you only have four choices...blue, silver, space grey, and white. If a grey top would have been available with the grey like in the last generation, I would have gotten grey because I have had 4 white Bimmers since 2000. Also have a white Panamera, a white Hummer, and a white Navigator. Space grey on white with a black top just didn't do it for me, but it may look good. Last year, space grey with beige was really nice. I wish the red could get the M-Sport on the vert. The red one above is just gorgeous. There is a red coupe posted in another thread, and it looks great too. Maybe I missed it, but when I ordered I didn't see Red with M-Sport together.

Hey tbod...you can't go wrong. With the Xdrive, you can't get active steering though.

unclebnz
12-26-2011, 11:20 PM
How were you able to extend the wipers fully? I know on my former Q5 there was a wiper service setting accessible via MMI. Up to this point when washing my car I have been resigned to reaching and wiping under the wipers//:rolleyes::dunno:

Just move it manually and lift.

TopDownInFL
12-27-2011, 09:53 AM
+1 Just pull the lower arms away from under the hood to expose the upper arms fully and then bend them upwards.