PDA

View Full Version : convertible trunk

todthebod
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM
How does everybody open the trunk? That drives me crazy! Is there something I'm missing? There is absolute nowhere to get a good grip. Sometimes if I remember I can hit the parking sensor button and use the flipped up backup camera to pull it up but I rarely remember and get PO'd every time If my car isn't spotless I get big hand or arm prints from trying to open it. :dunno:

terri_atl
12-25-2011, 05:37 PM
How does everybody open the trunk? That drives me crazy! Is there something I'm missing? There is absolute nowhere to get a good grip. Sometimes if I remember I can hit the parking sensor button and use the flipped up backup camera to pull it up but I rarely remember and get PO'd every time If my car isn't spotless I get big hand or arm prints from trying to open it. :dunno:

Hi there! I am not sure if yours has the same trunk release button like in an E93. Mine is located on the left, below the dashboard. Hope that helps :)

terri_atl
12-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Sorry! I guess I did not read carefully, guess you do know where is the trunk release button, just having a little problem reaching it :(

TopDownInFL
12-25-2011, 06:44 PM
You're supposed to use the pushed in roundel. And then close using the built in grips within the trunk with a good solid downward pull. The coupes pop open, the verts do not (presumably because of the remote possibility of the trunk opening while the boot is open during the open/close of the top and the two hitting).

thom.one.two
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
TodTheBod, just push in at the top of the BMW roundel on the trunk. The roundel also allows you to unlock the trunk without keys just like your doors do. Closing should have a button, but it does not. You just have to pull it down with the handle.

todthebod
12-26-2011, 08:07 AM
TodTheBod, just push in at the top of the BMW roundel on the trunk. The roundel also allows you to unlock the trunk without keys just like your doors do. Closing should have a button, but it does not. You just have to pull it down with the handle.

Ok that's what I wanted to know. I wasn't pushing in on the roundel. I thought it may damage the camera somehow. I was just trying to push up on the trunk lid wherever I could. I guess this is an example of RTFM disease.

thom.one.two
12-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Lol!

thom.one.two
12-27-2011, 11:23 AM
This sounds like a spoiled little girl, but I'm amongst friends, right? I HATE that everyone who opens my trunk pushes the lock button to lower it, and then doesn't know how to close it! I've had the people at the carwash, each time it has been washed, call each other over to try to figure out how to close it. They push the button and then wait, call for a second opinion who pushes the button and waits. My 72 year old mother even noted that her car closes the trunk for her.

The soft close doors was bad. But, come on BMW...that was a big miss.

TopDownInFL
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Agreed.

XZLR8
12-27-2011, 04:25 PM
This sounds like a spoiled little girl, but I'm amongst friends, right? I HATE that everyone who opens my trunk pushes the lock button to lower it, and then doesn't know how to close it! I've had the people at the carwash, each time it has been washed, call each other over to try to figure out how to close it. They push the button and then wait, call for a second opinion who pushes the button and waits. My 72 year old mother even noted that her car closes the trunk for her.

Yep.

svp66
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Yep.

+1 from me. Also, I have to pull harder to close it than on mty previous 335 coupe.

roadsta
12-28-2011, 01:31 AM

Interesting, my car has soft close doors, and they work really well. (But not on the boot / trunk.)

I agree, the trunk is quite hard to close - you have to pull it hard and fast using the handles inside the lid, and then still give it a firm press down.

roadsta

TopDownInFL
12-28-2011, 05:06 AM
Interesting, my car has soft close doors, and they work really well. (But not on the boot / trunk.)

I agree, the trunk is quite hard to close - you have to pull it hard and fast using the handles inside the lid, and then still give it a firm press down.

roadsta

I'm jealous of your soft close doors! (not really, but I sure wouldn't mind them).

And you don't need to press down if your pull of the trunk lid is is a pure downward motion to the point you think the trunk will close on your hand. It's definitely a very hard pull downward, but I close the trunk in a single motion.