PDA

View Full Version : New Australian 650i M-sport coupe - Sapphire Black

roadsta
12-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum.

Here is my car, received earlier this month. Some obvious differences between it and the American versions:

1. No front reflector
2. Black shadowline trim
3. Black brake calipers
4. Steering wheel on the RIGHT side :thumbup:

Done about 800km / 500 miles only - a joy to drive.

roadsta

TopDownInFL
12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Loving that shadowline trim on the black exterior. Welcome to the 'fest!

XZLR8
12-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Yea, shadowline! (Here, too.)

svp66
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Car looks great even with the steering wheel on the WRONG side :thumbup:. Congrats, you'll love it.

Elias
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Beautiful car love the black sapphire I concur on the shadowline trim as well!!

JONNYCHIRO
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Loving that shadowline trim on the black exterior. Welcome to the 'fest!

+1 Shadowline envy! Welcome, gorgeous ride!

roadsta
12-31-2011, 09:51 PM
+1 Shadowline envy! Welcome, gorgeous ride!

I am curious. Why is it that the rest of the world gets black shadowline trim with M-sport packages, but America does not? (Canada?)

Is it some assumption (or fact) that American customers like more chrome / alu trim?

roadsta

XZLR8
12-31-2011, 10:14 PM
I am curious. Why is it that the rest of the world gets black shadowline trim with M-sport packages, but America does not? (Canada?)

Is it some assumption (or fact) that American customers like more chrome / alu trim?

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first model where that has been the case. Odd. But, I'm glad I was still able to special order it.

roadsta
12-31-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure, but I think this is the first model where that has been the case. Odd. But, I'm glad I was still able to special order it.

Ok. For some reason I thought it was also the case with the E92/3 m-sport cars.

K-A
01-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Very nice, though, you BMW guys and your shadowline fetishes. :D

IMO, the aluminum window trim on the 6-Series looks way classier, more dynamic and more premium, IMO.

Enjoy the car! The F12 M-Pack is the only car that's tugging on the heart strings trying to get me out of the car that I currently have and adore so much right now. :D

TopDownInFL
01-29-2012, 09:48 AM

IMO, the aluminum window trim on the 6-Series looks way classier, more dynamic and more premium, IMO.

Enjoy the car! The F12 M-Pack is the only car that's tugging on the heart strings trying to get me out of the car that I currently have and adore so much right now. :D

I think it depends on the color. On white, I don't think shadowline would look good (perhaps it would if the windows were tinted to just the right level).

Enjoy my sig pic. Sounds like it's right up your alley! :thumbup:

Sandlapper
01-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Aussie,
Welcome to the Fest. Yours is a beautiful car. I do note that there is a small difference on the rear reflectors on our cars. Yours is under the rear tail light whereas mine is a bit wider and lower on the rear bumper.
Enjoy your car. It's a fun ride.
:)

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Aussie,
Welcome to the Fest. Yours is a beautiful car. I do note that there is a small difference on the rear reflectors on our cars. Yours is under the rear tail light whereas mine is a bit wider and lower on the rear bumper.
Enjoy your car. It's a fun ride.
:)

Do you have M-Sport package? The M-Sport has the reflectors just under the tail lights whereas the non-M has it lower on the bumper. The rear bumpers are different for both as well. That's also true for US models. Just a heads up :)

southern6er22
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Whoa! I never noticed that. When I first read the comment above I thought it must've been a regional difference. Can't believe I never noticed it. Guess I haven't spent enough time staring at pictures in anticipation lol.

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I found that out by studying and examining pics and floor models at the dealership. It started when I noticed it on my non-M. I remember asking myself, "WTF?" when I first noticed differences months ago. I personally like the M version better. Less prone to cracking if someone hits you.

Edit- also, it makes it look like its part of the taillight, for those who like to black them out. Not necessary on the M version.

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 02:39 PM

IMO, the aluminum window trim on the 6-Series looks way classier, more dynamic and more premium. :D

That's what the 55+ year old crowd says. I'm totally kidding. :)
The brushed aluminum is classy no doubt.

For me, BMW sportiness equals black trim. To me the car is so damned elegant and upscale looking I got the M package (among other reasons) to add a mean snarl... Aggressive. Bitchin'

The other thing is there's so much trim on the 6 this year. I didn't want to look like a chromesicle. Again I kid.

I agree w the post that mentioned it being paint color dependent as to which will look better.

But disagree about the black not looking good on white. There's video on you tube of a White M pack 20's
w Black Trim that looks absolutely sick!!!!!!!!!!! It's BMW production video-- they roll around a castle in Europe. Sick sick nasty gorgeous sick.

In the end they both look good.
But I could only live w black.