PDA

View Full Version : 650 exhaust sound

todthebod
12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
2012 650i convertible...........I can drop it into sport and the exhaust sounds semi-loud and throaty. I can hear it with the top up and windows up no problem. It sounds good. It makes me always put it into sport so the RPMs go higher and I can listen to it.

Up until 2 weeks ago I was driving a 2012 550i and I couldn't ever even hear a hint of exhaust on that car no matter what. Windows down or whatever couldn't hear it. These are the same motors aren't they? I know the exhaust is different and I'm hoping there is some kind of valve opening the exhaust up on my 6 when I get on it.

Just please don't tell me there isn't an audio file playing through my speakers like the M5.:confused:

TopDownInFL
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
It's definitely coming from the car and not the speakers.

roadsta
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
The exhaust sound was one of the best surprises on this car - I did not expect it to be as good as it turned out.

I assume you have the Msport with sport exhaust? My dealer tells me the non-Msport sounds quite different (but I have not heard it myself).

roadsta

Itinj6
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
The exhaust sound was one of the best surprises on this car - I did not expect it to be as good as it turned out.

I assume you have the Msport with sport exhaust? My dealer tells me the non-Msport sounds quite different (but I have not heard it myself).

roadsta

Interesting... There is no mention of a special exhaust for the M-Sport package, unless this is supposed to be common knowledge. I did not get the M-Sport because I didnt feel it was necessary, that is because i wasnt aware that it came with a special exhaust :confused:

roadsta
12-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Interesting... There is no mention of a special exhaust for the M-Sport package, unless this is supposed to be common knowledge. I did not get the M-Sport because I didnt feel it was necessary, that is because i wasnt aware that it came with a special exhaust :confused:

If you google 'BMW 650i m-sport exhaust' or something like that, you will get several references to this, for example "Exclusive for the cars equipped with the M Sport package are the Carbon Black and Imola Red colors. The top two models, 650i and 650i xDrive also get a sport exhaust system and therefore a more powerful engine sound." (http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/08/08/bmw-650i-coupe-m-sport-shows-its-aggressive-design/ )

Maybe they did not do a good job communicating this.

r

roadsta
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Here is a more official version of the sport exhaust:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesandspecifications_detail/0,,1156_181260824__bs-Ng%3D%3D@bb-RjEyQ0E%3D@bm-WjYzNg%3D%3D@sit-bmwuk,00.html

Quite far down you will see 'Exhaust with enhanced sound characteristics'.

roadsta

Itinj6
12-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Ahh ok. When I Said no mention, I was talking about the "build your own" section on BMW USA. Under Packages for M-Sport, it isn't on the equipment list. I do have a 650i so i guess i should have it too, but it was mentioned above that there is a sport exhaust for the M-Sport package.

car-fan
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM

The non-MPort 650's definitely have a deep nicely tuned exhaust. It would be interesting to hear the difference "if any" compared to the MSport... Once in sport mode the car speaks and most can hear:thumb up: So much so I've had people ask if I tuned the car and/or did something to the exhaust :)

Itinj6
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I hate to be the one to say it but I really don't hear the awesomeness that everyone is raving about. Granted, sport mode does sound a little better, but not that noticeable in difference. I parked beside a wall to try and get some echo and revved the engine but all I hear is clicking and ticking coming from the motor which is filtering out anything else. Do I have to be behind the car and or driving to hear the sounds of the exhaust that everyone is talking about? To me the motor doesn't even sound that good. Maybe it's just my car, I dunno.

tbod
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I hate to be the one to say it but I really don't hear the awesomeness that everyone is raving about. Granted, sport mode does sound a little better, but not that noticeable in difference. I parked beside a wall to try and get some echo and revved the engine but all I hear is clicking and ticking coming from the motor which is filtering out anything else. Do I have to be behind the car and or driving to hear the sounds of the exhaust that everyone is talking about? To me the motor doesn't even sound that good. Maybe it's just my car, I dunno.

I notice it when I'm in sport mode anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I hear it best when the windows are up. I had a 550i and it sounded just like you are talking about. No exhaust sound whatsoever.

Itinj6
01-01-2012, 06:45 PM
We have a X6 50i and it sounds great. Kinda similar to what everyone is describing but my 650i just doesn't seem to sounds as good as our X6. Maybe it's in my head. I'm gonna ask the wife to hit the gas while I'm standing behind it lol

roadsta
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Do you have the M-sport pack? Its exhasut is different from the non M sport cars.

Itinj6
01-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I have the regular (non-M sport) but see that's what I don't like. BMWUSA does not mention a special sport exhaust on the "build your own" section equipment list or I would have ordered the M-sport. That sucks

thom.one.two
01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
From the moment I crank mine, the exhaust sound is as loud as my previous '09 M5 with a V10. From what I have read, BMW played with the timing on all 650's so that there is a "gurgling" sound, which in my opinion sounds great. When I rev, it pops and sounds unreal. Roadsta, I agree with you. The exhaust sound was the most unexpected surprises of all. Mine is M-Sport, though. And, I agree, putting it in "Sport" mode does make the sound that much better. I have a Panamera S, and the 650 sounds as nice because of the cracking/popping/gurgling sound that it produces. That's a huge jump from the last generation of the 6.

I drove a 2012 SL 60 something, just for comparison, and the only thing I walked away liking about that car was the exhause note. I looked everywhere to find an exhaust kit for the 650 I had on order. I found a kit for the M3, but nothing for the new 6. But when it came in, the exhaust sound was almost as sweet as the AMG and it made my '09 650 vert sound so sad.

My '12 F12 has 600 miles on it, and I have been through 3 tanks of gas (haven't been out of the city and no racing), and I'm sure it's because the exhaust sound is so nice that I keep it in sport mode...sucking gas.

Itinj6
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Can anyone WITHOUT the M-Sport package vouch for having a nice sounding exhaust? This is driving me crazy now lol. I thought the M-Sport package only called for aesthetic upgrades, as per the BMWUSA website

XZLR8
01-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Can anyone WITHOUT the M-Sport package vouch for having a nice sounding exhaust? This is driving me crazy now lol. I thought the M-Sport package only called for aesthetic upgrades, as per the BMWUSA website
I don't have the M-Sport package and think my exhaust sounds great, but I don't have an M-Sport equipped car for comparison. I will tell you, though, that it does NOT sound as loud/throaty as the exhaust on my X6 50i (which borders on obnoxious).

Itinj6
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Ok, so it's not just me. Thanks. I actually happen to like the sound of our X6 50i lol

tbod
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I also don't have the M-sport and mine is better and louder than I expected. A LOT better than my 550i with the same motor. Mostly noticeable in sport mode. It almost sounds like a valve is opening up when you have it in sport mode to get a little more sound out of it. I don't notice much of a gurgling/popping like was said earlier with the M-sports though. More of a throaty rumble under throttle.

XZLR8
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I also don't have the M-sport and mine is better and louder than I expected. A LOT better than my 550i with the same motor. Mostly noticeable in sport mode. It almost sounds like a valve is opening up when you have it in sport mode to get a little more sound out of it. I don't notice much of a gurgling/popping like was said earlier with the M-sports though. More of a throaty rumble under throttle.
Yeah, there's a lot more growl from my 650xi than I had in my '09 750i Sport. BMW has really muted the 5er and the 7er, IMO.

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Here is a video of a 2011 650 that does not have the M-Sport package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5O0h0ul8ww

Itinj6
01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok, just hanging out the driver side door and hitting the gas, I really don't hear much exhaust. Just lots of engine clicking and ticking. Sounds like crap in my opinion (not getting it in the X6 either which is definitely more of a smoother sounding rev. Maybe because that engine is well broken in). However, I had my wife hit the gas while I was standing behind the car and what a difference. Got the nice gurgling in normal mode but in Sport mode, I got the gurgling and popping. While driving with the top and windows up or down, all I hear is V8 and not much exhaust but I'm just glad I finally got to hear what everyone was talking about.

Itinj6
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Mine definitely does not sound like the one in the video. My idle is pretty damn quiet actually. That one in the video sound vicious. I like it.

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 09:16 PM
This may help explain. I just found this on-line... Yep, it's the M-Sport package that we are hearing.

The first image of the 2012 BMW 6 Series M Sport package leaked over the web today, thanks to one of the company's official website. alongside the first image, we also have the first details of the M Sport package for the new generation 2012 BMW 6 Series. The first thing the M Sport program will do for your new 2012 BMW 6 Series, both coupe and cabrio, is lift the top speed limiter. You'll also get a new front spoiler, which might give a hint about the look of the future M6, new light alloy wheels and new side skirts. The 2012 6 Series M Sport is equipped with LED daytime running lights and fog lights. At the
interior, the 2012 BMW 6 Series M Sport features new sport seats, a new steering wheel, black Alcantara roof lining and new pedals. The M Sport package for the 2012 BMW 6 Series also includes a new sport exhaust system, featuring a set of dark chrome tailpipes.

Itinj6
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Ok well that explains it then. Thanks. I am just pissed that the build your own section didn't list the upgraded exhaust on the package equipment list. I could live without the aesthetics (as nice as it is) and top speed limiter, but the premium for the M-sport would have been justified for me more if I knew it had a special exhaust. The 650 In the video posted on the previous page is not an M-sport though and it sounds way nice. Much different from mine. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner lol, but I'm upset at BMW for failing to add it to the M-sport equipment list. I love exhaust, especially a nice sounding stock one.

Thebreadman
01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Thom.one.two,

Please post a reference to the info you claim. I believe that information is only related to the 2013 6series GRAN Coupe, and not the F12 or F13.

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 10:50 PM
You can't believe everything that you read, but this is where I found the posting above...

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2012-BMW-6-Series-M-Sport-Leaked.html

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Here is another source...

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/07/01/world-premiere-2012-bmw-6-series-coupe-with-m-sport-package/

Thebreadman
01-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Thom.one.two,

I was able to confirm that on BMWBlog as well, but it doesn't seem completely accurate. Have the M Sport editions been coming with "dark chrome" tailpipes? All the photos I've seen, they look the same as the non-M Sport. Also, it says the M Sport package comes with new "sport seats" and from everything I've seen and researched, the seats are exactly the same.

Would be really nice to get a comprehensive list of what exactly the M Sport package is, because what it is in the Online Car Configurator at BMWUSA and also at the dealers' computer configurators does not include anything for tweaked exhaust notes. Nor different seats.

Thebreadman
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Thom.one.two,

So confusing, I saw that reference too at BMWBlog and they claim the M Sport has blue stitching which again, I have never seen or heard anywhere else.

These visible cues should be apparent on cars that people already have. Can we get some confirmation from 6 Series cars equipped with M Sport?

Sport seats?
Blue stitching?
Dark chrome tailpipes?
Any others...

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 11:03 PM
So here is the proof we have been looking for...and someone who really understands exhaust systems better than I do...

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626122

thom.one.two
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
My F12 has the M-Sport package and it is a 2012. It does not have blue stitching, but it does have a much more aggressive sound that any other 650 that I have driven. I had an '09...super quiet. I test drove a 2011, and it was much quieter than my car. I was shocked when I first cranked my car as it sounded just like my M5 starting cold, and just almost as loud as my M5 when revving the engine.

Itinj6
01-03-2012, 01:47 AM
My non M-sport does "boom" on sport mode at gear shifts.

I'm gonna go to BMW service this week and ask the pros what they know about the exhausts

unlaidenswallow
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Very interesting thread - shows the differences in perception I guess.

I have a friend very senior at BMWNA so I shot him a note based on this thread. He confirmed for me that the M Sport package is definitely purely cosmetic. There is NO enhanced exhaust that comes with the option.

Thebreadman
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Unlaidenswallow,

Thank you so much for confirming that! Does that also mean the seats are also exactly the same as the non M Sport?

XZLR8
01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Very interesting thread - shows the differences in perception I guess.

I have a friend very senior at BMWNA so I shot him a note based on this thread. He confirmed for me that the M Sport package is definitely purely cosmetic. There is NO enhanced exhaust that comes with the option.
For what it's worth, I have been consistently told the same thing. When I made the decision to skip the M-Sport package, one of my main concerns was that I would be missing out on something non-cosmetic, but was consistently assured that would not be the case. When I found out that I could special order the black headliner (the one part of the M-Sport package that I really liked), the decision was made.

southern6er22
01-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm still waiting on my M Sport 650xi to come in, so I have been intrigued by this thread.

The M sport Space Gray 650i at my local dealer had the same 20-way comfort seats as the non-M models. The exhaust tips are a darker chrome than the non-M models.

I am wondering if the difference is regional. The BMWBLOG article containing the initial details of the M Sport pkg discusses the seats (with the blue stitching and alcantara) as well as the special sport exhaust. Maybe it is just one of those things we don't get here in the States.

unlaidenswallow
01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I didn't ask him that specifically as I had never even heard anything about the possibility of different seats before that earlier post, but based on everything I've seen and all the pics posted on the multiple threads here I'm 99% sure there is no difference in seats in the US.

When I look at the link posted earlier referencing the exhaust and seats etc it doesn't look like its referencing the US market. My friend did say each market can create their own packages, so maybe they do it that way somewhere - just not in the US.

southern6er22
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585430

This is a link from the Frankfurt Show a while back. It shows several of the things that we don't get here in the US (the hexagon aluminum trim, shadow line trim, alcantara seats with blue stitching, etc.). The car in the pics doesn't have the dark chrome exhaust tips, but I think that is because the pics are of a diesel (only the 650i and 650i xDrive get the dark chrome, I believe).

It would've been nice if we could get a sportier exhaust (it would probably boost sales of the steep $4400 asking price for the M package). It would also be nice if the trunk was automatic and the doors were soft-close, but I guess we can't have it all. Although, I am surprised that these aren't even offered as options... everything else is (i.e. seat warmers as "optional" on an $83,000 base model).

Nevertheless, I can't wait for mine to come in. It's been caught up in the paint shop for two weeks presumably due to the holidays.

Itinj6
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM
This was driving me crazy. Thanks for the confirmation. The exhaust definitely sounds nice, nicer than just about every other stock exhaust out there (minus, of course, exotics)... But I still don't think I'm hearing what everyone else is. Mine definitely doesn't sound like the one in the video posted on the bottom of the previous page

southern6er22
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I went by my dealer tonight as I saw that they got in a Carbon Black M Sport 650i, and I have been dying to see this car in person. I test drove a convertible (without M Sport) before ordering as the only coupe they had at the time was in the showroom, and I thought that the exhaust sound was pretty tame. It was by no means a deal breaker, but I did make a mental note that my Denali makes more of a grunt than the 650i convertible. Tonight I cranked up the M Sport Coupe and was astonished by the noise. It was glorious. This was definitely notable whereas the convertible seemed quieter than expected.

As discussed above, the BMWNA info doesn't promote a sport exhaust (just dark chrome tips) as part of the M Sport package, but I just wanted to impart my opinion from my experience tonight. If you do care about the exhaust sound and are debating this package with that in mind, then it is definitely worth a side-by-side comparison, in my opinion.

thom.one.two
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree. I even called my salesperson who says that M Sport is appearance only, but I can hear a huge sound difference. I wonder if it's a 2012 change across the line, or if it is really the M Sport package making a difference? I will post a video with sound tomorrow for comparison sake.

Itinj6
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Wonder if they toned down the verts only to make the cabin quieter but I am definitely not impressed with the 650i vert (non-M) exhaust.

southern6er22
01-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not debating the objective information. I completely agree that the information regarding the M Sport Pkg here in the States doesn't include a special exhaust. I just wanted to share my side-by-side subjective experience between a non-M Sport convertible and M Sport coupe for those who do feel strongly about the exhaust so they can make the comparison before deciding.

Sorry for re-opening this debate. Not trying to start anything, just adding my two cents.

Itinj6
01-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Don't be sorry by any means. I don't think this is a debate as much as it is us trying to get to the bottom of this.

This thread, I'm sure, is also helpful for prospective buyers to make a decision

roadsta
01-17-2012, 02:54 AM
For what it is worth, I test drove a non M-sport convertible here, and it sounded nothing like the M-sport coupe I bought. The dealership said the same thing.

r

svp66
01-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I have the coupe with XDrive and M-sport package. I think the car has a very nice growl when you rev it - I hear it best just after I swipe in at the barrier in my workplace parking garage. I had a colleague complimenting me for the sound too, he was just behind me. Don't know the difference on M vs non-M vs convertible spound, but will post a video this weekend.

On a personal note, I think that sound-wise the 650 hits a very nice ballance between showing the aggressive nature of the beast and keeoing your neighbours from filing complaints... I actually don't like overly loud sounds, this is one of the 2 reasons I did not get the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (the other one is the deplorable paddle shifting).

isildain
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I hate to say it, but the reason I'm getting the M-sport package on my car was because my wife liked the color (carbon black) more than any other color. I told my CA not to order it, and she turned to him and told him "he's getting that color." My CA listens to her more than I do.

That being said, I loved the sound of the standard 650i, so if the M sport sounds a little bit better, I can't wait! (currently on its way to Bimmerhaven)

roadsta
01-18-2012, 04:06 AM
While I cannot speak for the USA, here is some proof of the fact that the M-sport has a different sound in the UK (as previously posted) and in Australia:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesand...-bmwuk,00.html Quite far down you will see 'Exhaust with enhanced sound characteristics'

I have now seen the same on the Australian site, which explains my car's sound - see the attachment. It refers to a 'characteristic sound for the exhaust system'.

r

car-fan
01-18-2012, 06:39 AM
All i can say in my case - the exhaust sound is one of the favorites aspects of my car - much more so that my previous Bimmer with the same engine. Cold Start's in my garage - make the per's presence known ;) Also in sport mode the booming noise on change up is a bonus:thumb up: A buddy of mine who drives a Maserati Quattroporte also commented on numerous occasions on how good my exhaust sounds - and we all know the Maserati's have some of the best sounding exhausts on the market. Matter of fact he's the first person who asked me if I did something to the car after hearing the burbles and booms during gear changes.

Just my two cents..:)

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Yep, back to this lol... So my car is getting trade assisted (steering issues) and when I was at the dealership, I made it my business to ask the question about exhausts on M-Sport vs non M-Sport. My dealer said that the same exhaust system is used in both, however, he said that he does hear a difference....hmmm. Proceeding on with the trade assist, I opened up my options and decided to test drive an X-Drive model for the first time and wow, what a difference in sound. It just sounds more powerful. It got me thinking... Is it possible that with the added moving parts, it just makes the car sound better and enhancing the exhaust/engine note? Do those who claim the M-Sport sounds better have X-Drive as well? Is X-Drive the variable? Maybe, the M-Sport cars resonate the exhaust sound better with the different body kit? Am I going crazy??? Lol. (I'm strictly talking about U.S. models here)

thom.one.two
01-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Mine is not an X Drive. I took a video of starting it up in the morning, and of it making the popping and gurgulling sounds. However, it won't upload onto this site.

I'm wondering, could it be 2011 vs 2012? I test drove a 2011, but ordered a 2012. My dealer said the same as yours; that all exhaust systems are the same and that MSPort is cosmetic only. But I hear a huge difference from the one I test drove.

I'm also hearing the sound that was discussed above between shifts. I'm with the school of thought that that sound does not do the car justice. I agree that it is the turbos making the noise, but it is distracting to me from the perfect tones otherwise.

So, when you rev your engine, does it pop as the rpm's come down. Mine does really loud. I don't remember that on the 2011 I test drove...but maybe was just in awe at the car itself.

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 05:35 AM
What is this popping you speak of? Lol. My non M, non X didn't pop at all bit it did gurgle just a little. Just doesn't sound the way other people describe but then again, that's speculation. I didnt get a chance to rev the engine at a standstill in the X but it did sound noticeably better when driving. I do like the booming/bass sound when shifting gears though and I'm pretty sure it's the blow-off valves. A lot of those rice burning turbo tuners put aftermarket blow-off valves that are really loud and sound like a high pitched "blpblpblp" when shifting gears. When you release pressure through a venturi, it's gonna make some kind of sound, for instance, the farting noise when you release air from a balloon opening (whoopi cushion). Ours is just a booming sound. Depends on the pressure of the gas, volume of the Venturi and material of the Venturi. I'm sure there are other variables.

Both mine and the one I test drove are 2012's... For reference

thom.one.two
01-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Ok. I feel better about that. I have a video I can email you with the popping sound. It's crazy the sound it makes. Literally louder than my 2009 M5 was. Every time I rev it, it pops/cracks when the revs come down. I read it was made from BMW tinkering with the timing to create that sound. We have determined it sounds better than the Porsche.

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 07:31 AM
If its not too much trouble, itinj6@yahoo.com. I would live to hear it, thanks. I wish i took a sound clip of mine, for comparison,but its already at BMW and im not getting it back. I can assure you though it wasnt anything special. BTW,Is yours just on a cold start or constantly? With my new one, whichever I pick, I hope BMW did this timing tinker that yours has.

southern6er22
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Do both of the models you are looking at have M Sport? The only cars my dealer has had with M Sport are coupes (only 2 total on the lot since they began production) as most of the models sold here in the South are convertibles. The looks on the faces of the CAs were definitely of surprise, which I assume is from the fact that it sounds so different from the rest of the non-M 'verts on the lot.

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Actually, non of them are.

thom.one.two
01-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Skip 'em bro. Order what you want or shop around.

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Would love to have all the time in the world man, but it's a Trade Assist so I am paying for it while my original was already repo'd by my Service Center

southern6er22
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Can't wait to see what you decide on. Don't think you can go wrong either way. Keep us posted!

Itinj6
01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
You guys will be the first to know. Thanks for all the replies and support

GreyCoupe
01-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Isn't this what the "golf tee" fix was on other models? Prop the exhaust resonator's butterfly valve open [or shut] to get the best sound all the time...?

coolhandshin
01-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Ok. I feel better about that. I have a video I can email you with the popping sound. It's crazy the sound it makes. Literally louder than my 2009 M5 was. Every time I rev it, it pops/cracks when the revs come down. I read it was made from BMW tinkering with the timing to create that sound. We have determined it sounds better than the Porsche.

I have a non-M 650i Convertible. It sounds great but no bubbling sound whatsoever.

I would love to hear how it sounds like on an M version.
Please send me a copy. Thank you so much.
shinwonsub@yahoo.com

Elias
01-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Mine sounds really great I get compliments from all the e90 guys I hang with but the popping sound I don't get at all. I know that sound, I used to get it on my 67 Camaro with the Cherry Bombs I loved it and I use to get pulled over by the cops all the time.

thom.one.two
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe mine is broken LOL. Everytime I rev it and the rpms fall to around 3,000 or so, it pops really loudly. Now I'm wondering what the deal is.

Itinj6
01-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Maybe mine is broken LOL. Everytime I rev it and the rpms fall to around 3,000 or so, it pops really loudly. Now I'm wondering what the deal is.

Oh yeah... Definitely broken. I'll help you out with that and we can swap exhausts if you'd like, but I'll only do it for you... You're welcome :D