PDA

View Full Version : Fine Line Matte wood and ceramic controls

mpress
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Any body order the fine line matte wood and the ceramic controls?? how does it look?? Pics? thinking the ceramic controls are calling for the ash grain wood trim...to keep the black on black feel...thoughts.. interior will be BLACK LEATHER.
thanks

vincesfo
01-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Here's a pic of my interior, Fineline Matte wood with Black Dakota Leather but no ceramic controls.

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pic!

mpress
01-07-2012, 02:16 PM
are you happy with the fine line?? is it odd having matte wood?? is it too light for the black leather??

mpress
01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
can i trouble you for a shot of the center console area where shifter is...that would be awesome

vincesfo
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
are you happy with the fine line?? is it odd having matte wood?? is it too light for the black leather??

It is more a matter of taste, I think the fineline trim is just beautiful especially with black (or dark) leather trim. I also like the "look" of unlacquered/matte wood trim but then again, this is just me. As far as color, it is just right, not too dark, not too light. For reference, my previous car was an E60 with black leather and anthracite wood trim, I loved that combo.

can i trouble you for a shot of the center console area where shifter is...that would be awesome

I am still waiting for re-delivery (did a euro-delivery), I'll post shots of the center console when I get it...hopefully this week.

vincesfo
01-21-2012, 06:56 PM

Sorry for the delay and the picture quality, I'm not that good with pictures.

The area around the shifter is finished in high gloss black (fingerprint magnet) regardless of your upholstery color or interior trim.

mpress
01-29-2012, 07:29 AM
thank you for the pics.... glad i went this route... looks great...and so sick of high gloss wood after 5 leases of 3 years and 15 years I've had enough of it... looks really luxurious .....

now i just need my car to go into production ...

i have end jan production date but bmw tracker still says order documented waiting to begin production... well theres only 2 more days in january..lets go bmw..get on it!

gmblack3
01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Congrats your interior looks great!

I wanted the fine line matte wood, but since my wife will be driving the car 90% of the time.... :cry:

Not sure how it would of looked with the Cinnamon interior.

jadnashuanh
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
thank you for the pics.... glad i went this route... looks great...and so sick of high gloss wood after 5 leases of 3 years and 15 years I've had enough of it... looks really luxurious .....

now i just need my car to go into production ...

i have end jan production date but bmw tracker still says order documented waiting to begin production... well theres only 2 more days in january..lets go bmw..get on it!

Their on-line status is, or at least was, quite late in getting updated. Your dealer gets daily updates that are current...best to bug them for the latest info. For example, on shipment home, mine still said in transit for days after I'd taken delivery.

kjmurphy
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the delay and the picture quality, I'm not that good with pictures.

The area around the shifter is finished in high gloss black (fingerprint magnet) regardless of your upholstery color or interior trim.
Love the look of the matte finish and wish I was able to find one at the time of my purchase. It's a shame that the area around the shifter is not finished in matte as well.