PDA

View Full Version : What did I do to my GT today

Wardman
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I added support to my comfort seats in the "buttocks" (before everyone jumps in and comments, I'm 6' and 195lbs) :D

I always felt like I was sitting in a hole, and the dealer said that it is the way the seat is, so today I added cloth padding to raise/support to seat better. After 2 months of experimenting by sitting on rags, and playing with seat adjustments, I decided to give this a try. It should not interfere with anything (I was originally going to lift the leather and add padding, but that may have affected the heated seats).

Not sure if anyone felt this way too, and we***8217;ll see how it works out.

PS - I also relaized that if you pull in to park, and push the butting to shut the car off, it will go to park also. For me, it makes it more of an audible/tactile thing to park the car whereas pushing the button on top of the shifter is somewhat odd....

jadnashuanh
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
It will also go into park if you don't have your seatbelt on, the car is stopped, and you open the driver's door (well, maybe any door, haven't tried that!). There is some low speed limit it will let you drive with the door open, but I've not experimented to find it.

Wardman
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes - I've had it slam to a stop when backing up with the door open and seatbelt off (trying not to hit something in my garage).

Not sure I like that "feature".

wchewbaka
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I also look for more tactile feedback and on shutdown I get it through the pull up of the parking brake.

BUT as much as I love my GT, I did nothing with it today and spent the day watching the 49ers finally playing in, and winning a playoff game. GO NINERS!

1STBimmer
01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
I debadged her. looks oh so much better now.

gmblack3
01-18-2012, 05:02 AM
I debadged her. looks oh so much better now.

Pics?

Wardman
01-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Now 1st's is "sneaky" fast. Real fast!!!! Any thoughts on chipping it?

1STBimmer
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Here's a couple but they suck because it was inside the garage at night (low light)

I'll take better pics when I get home this weekend.

Also, the car is fast, very fast as is. I'm happy for now but who knows, maybe there's a DINAN software update in the future...Right now I'm planning on adding the //M dead pedal (part of the EURO M-package) and thinking about tinting, blacking out the grille and the side markers. I'm not a huge fan of chrome.

Wardman
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Tinting - I'm thinking about that too. Not too much, maybe only 50% although there is a 30% tint that blocks lots of heat too. The black leather was hot a few times in warmer weather so far. We'll see.

Good looking ride!

wchewbaka
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Here's a couple but they suck because it was inside the garage at night (low light)

I'll take better pics when I get home this weekend.

Also, the car is fast, very fast as is. I'm happy for now but who knows, maybe there's a DINAN software update in the future...Right now I'm planning on adding the //M dead pedal (part of the EURO M-package) and thinking about tinting, blacking out the grille and the side markers. I'm not a huge fan of chrome.

You left the GT badge on? Can I ask why?

I figured if you were going stealth - go all the way. Few recognize the car anyway.

1STBimmer
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
You left the GT badge on? Can I ask why?

I figured if you were going stealth - go all the way. Few recognize the car anyway.

One very good reason... Wife said she likes the GT badge. :D