PDA

View Full Version : Ordered option error?

isildain
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
My new F12 is in production (supposed to be finished with assembly today). When I went to the BMW website to track it, I noticed that there is an option listed that I did not specifically order. I ordered the premium sound package without the B&O stereo, but it's listed as an installed option. Has anyone encountered this issue before and had an option "gifted" to them? or is this routine to have an option listed in error?

Can't wait to see the new baby, even though I feel like I'm cheating on my 335 'vert.

southern6er22
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Mine is the same way. It just finished production and is on the boat heading this way. I too got the premium sound without the B&O, but it is listed on the MyBMW page. I'm almost certain that it is an error and is listed any time you get the Premium Sound (the BYO on BMWNA has B&O as an option underneath the Premium Sound Package). Everything I have read and heard says not to trust the MyBMW page, so I think it is just a glitch... although I would gladly take it for free if it is an error on their part. I made sure that the final build sheet I signed off on did not have it listed.

unlaidenswallow
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
My new F12 is in production (supposed to be finished with assembly today). When I went to the BMW website to track it, I noticed that there is an option listed that I did not specifically order. I ordered the premium sound package without the B&O stereo, but it's listed as an installed option. Has anyone encountered this issue before and had an option "gifted" to them? or is this routine to have an option listed in error?

Can't wait to see the new baby, even though I feel like I'm cheating on my 335 'vert.

The website option list is almost always wrong at the very beginning of the process, but I think it's typically accurate by the time they schedule the build.

That said, I think in this case you're safe - or else I'll have the same problem. I ordered premium sound but not the extra $3,700 B&A system. On the website my build lists the Premium Sound package with 4 bullets underneath it - one of which says "Bang & Olufsen Sound System". Is that what you're seeing?

I'll know in a few weeks - mine's at Bremerhaven and will be put on a boat Wed. 2 weeks here then a few days for final prep. Not that I'm counting...

isildain
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
The website option list is almost always wrong at the very beginning of the process, but I think it's typically accurate by the time they schedule the build.

That said, I think in this case you're safe - or else I'll have the same problem. I ordered premium sound but not the extra $3,700 B&A system. On the website my build lists the Premium Sound package with 4 bullets underneath it - one of which says "Bang & Olufsen Sound System". Is that what you're seeing?

I'll know in a few weeks - mine's at Bremerhaven and will be put on a boat Wed. 2 weeks here then a few days for final prep. Not that I'm counting...

Yes, that's exactly how it appears to me as well. I guess it's a common bug in their system. I just thought it a bit odd that I ordered the M Sport Package with the standard 19 inch wheels, and the 20 inch wheels are not listed, but the B&O is listed under the Premium Sound Package. I was reluctant to call my CA, hoping that it would be a happy accident.

Anyway, I hope mine gets shipped to Bimmerhaven soon, so it too can make a quick boat.

Elias
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Mine said the same thing even though I didn't order it with the B&O system and when I received my car it didn't have the B&O system. You can't really go by the tracking system it isn't full proof at all just a guide thats it.

thom.one.two
01-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Mine did not show the Bang and O system, and it did not show the M Sport package. You can't go by this. You can ask your salesperson to email you the order confirmation that shows all of the details and codes. That is right. You aren't getting a free B&O system (sorry) LOL.

The dates that show up are not right, either. By the time that they show up, the car is usually in the next step.

southern6er22
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I've been using the BMWNA number [1 (800) 831-1117] to track mine. I don't know for sure that it's accurate, but it is typically a day ahead of MyBMW. Also, the recording tells you more info about where it is in process (i.e., entered production, body shop, paint shop, assembly, finished production, heading to the port, at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, and in transit... that's as far as mine's gotten).