PDA

View Full Version : Black Beauty Sickness!

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey Guys
The dealer just texted me a pic of my vehicle back from the paint shop.

Black Trim. Black Grille.

It's waiting to get detailed.
I'll post my own pics when I get it back!

TopDownInFL
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Oh, wow. I LIKE!

southern6er22
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Looks great! Can't wait to see some more shots of it.

thom.one.two
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I have never liked after market changes and blacked out details that didn't come with the car. I always thought that made the car look used, tacky and cheap. But you have changed my mind with what you did to your car. It looks fantastic. It looks menacing. It looks bad ass gangster. Whoa. You did good.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks Thom. Tend to agree w after market work. I wish I snapped some photos of the Alpina that came from the shop I just had mine done at.

It was parked next to BMW's w factory black trim. The Alpina trim was far and away nicer.

My concern would be a matte look. Not what I want. The pic the dealer sent is under cloudy sky. Gotta love Carbon Black the whole front end looks somewhat matte--not just grille.

The slight arc line of the grille shows the same reflection of the clear coat hood. A sunny sky will bring out all the shine!

Dealer buddy is blown away by the work. He and I are like minded when it comes to this stuff.

The Aussie's pics made me pull the trigger. I just think on the Carbon Black--black trim is the way to go.

nolemike93
01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
That's amazing. Wanna trade?

thom.one.two
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Yea, that car is crazy good looking.

nolemike93
01-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Also any thoughts on painting to match original paint? I rarely see that.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Here are some quick shots I took
Running into the office-late late

My thumb is in the way (in a rush.)
But you get the idea.
More to follow.

Edit: upload cropped pics.

Still, look at the Carbon Black doing it's Blue Black thing against the trim.

Itinj6
01-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Ok, I just got nauseous at how jealous you just made me. This is straight up BMW pron... SEXY!!!

When we were discussing this in the other thread, that's exactly what I envisioned mine to look like with the exception of adding black rims. You mind getting your thumb out of the pic next time... You're ruining my hard-on lol

BTW, those LED headlights, M-Sport pack and black grille make for a gorgeously sick combination.

TopDownInFL
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Johnny, did they paint the trim as well?

M5canes
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Nice Johnny! How did you get the Shadowline trim and Blacked out grills? Car looks fantastic! BTW, Im a chiro in Miami. Working hard to keep PIP. Going to to be a long session.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Johnny, did they paint the trim as well?

Precisely.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Nice Johnny! How did you get the Shadowline trim and Blacked out grills? Car looks fantastic! BTW, Im a chiro in Miami. Working hard to keep PIP. Going to to be a long session.

Dealer found top notch guy to paint it.
Plus they paid! Looks ****!

Ya man. Got a couple offices gulf side. Fighting for PIP too!

Elias
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow that really looks awesome love the blacked out grills, do you mind sharing how much did the whole thing cost you? you can pm me if you dont want to go public with it.

petriej
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Now powder-coat those wheels black and you've got yourself one sexy murdered out 6er.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow that really looks awesome love the blacked out grills, do you mind sharing how much did the whole thing cost you? you can pm me if you dont want to go public with it.

Dealer picked up the Tab!
They got new sales management.
They are great now but prior they were horrific. 309402

thom.one.two
01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
DO NOT black those rims out or those intakes on the side. It looks perfect right now. Less is more.

XZLR8
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I have never liked after market changes and blacked out details that didn't come with the car. I always thought that made the car look used, tacky and cheap. But you have changed my mind with what you did to your car. It looks fantastic. It looks menacing. It looks bad ass gangster. Whoa. You did good.
Agree completely. Well done.

XZLR8
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
So, how does it look compared to the OEM shadowline?

Side note: I wish I were emotionally healthy enough to have a dark colored car, because that Carbon Black is gorgeous.

nolemike93
01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
So wait did you paint the entire car or just the grill and trim?

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
So, how does it look compared to the OEM shadowline?

The grille isn't available and I've never seen (in person) OEM black trim on this year model 6. So I can't compare.

But next to OEM trim for other models (w sport or true M, etc.): in passing I'd guess they're about the same. But close look shows a deeper paint on metal look on mine, as opposed to hi gloss bordering on plastic/fiberglass look of the OEM.

But perhaps I'm partial to mine. :)

Both are gloss. But mine has a tad more bad ass. ;)

Matte would've been pure crap.

I was nervous (not much though as I said the Alpina was drop dead gorgeous).

It's hard to explain how much just trim color changes the whole look of the
car and the way she sits.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Ok, I just got nauseous at how jealous you just made me. This is straight up BMW pron... SEXY!!!

When we were discussing this in the other thread, that's exactly what I envisioned mine to look like with the exception of adding black rims. You mind getting your thumb out of the pic next time... You're ruining my hard-on lol
LOFL!

BTW, those LED headlights, M-Sport pack and black grille make for a gorgeously sick combination.
Been trying to tell you that all last thread!!!
Vinyl won't do on a car as sick as the one you're building bro!

XZLR8
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM
The grille isn't available and I've never seen (in person) OEM black trim on this year model 6. So I can't compare.

But next to OEM trim for other models (w sport or true M, etc.): in passing I'd guess they're about the same. But close look shows a deeper paint on metal look on mine, as opposed to hi gloss bordering on plastic/fiberglass look of the OEM.

But perhaps I'm partial to mine. :)

Both are gloss. But mine has a tad more bad ass. ;)

Matte would've been pure crap.

I was nervous (not much though as I said the Alpina was drop dead gorgeous).

It's hard to explain how much just trim color changes the whole look of the
car and the way she sits.
That's awesome... and I completely agree about the way trim color changes the entire look of the car. I special ordered the Shadowline Trim on my 6, but was looking at other options for dealing with the chrome bands if BMW wouldn't let me order the trim I wanted. I'll be curious to see how you think it wears over time, too.

southern6er22
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Your car is beautiful and all, but you really are not making the waiting process any easier for me as I wait for mine to hit the port. lol.

JONNYCHIRO
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Your car is beautiful and all, but you really are not making the waiting process any easier for me as I wait for mine to hit the port. lol.

Thanks Southern! I know the feeling.
I've not had the car for a full month.

The dealer told me the name of the ship and I tracked that sucker every day. And checked these boards drooling over each posted pic.

You'll have it soon!

roadsta
01-24-2012, 03:33 AM
I think it looks great mate. For comparison, I attach a few not-so-great photos of my sapphire black with the OEM shadowline trim which come standard here with the m-sport pack.

Now all you need to do is to get rid of that front reflector. Way too orange. ;)

roadsta

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 05:50 AM
I think it looks great mate. For comparison, I attach a few not-so-great photos of my sapphire black with the OEM shadowline trim which come standard here with the m-sport pack.

Thanks m8! ;) Roadsta I gave you mad props in this thread and/or another---posting your vehicle as ex
of OEM M Shadowline...

Looks great w Sapphire.

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey guys snapped a few more before work. All I can say is the photo honestly do NOT do it justice.

Oh, and itinj suck on these Ha ha. ;) JK. C'mon buddy what's your build look like? Let us know...

TopDownInFL
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I LOVE that color!

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
LMAO. Still working on it lol... Hopefully will have it sent in by tonight. I'm trying to talk the fiancée into letting me add the ARS... For safety reasons of course! Lol

Hey man, if it's not too much trouble, and you have the time, would you be able to snap some pics of the LED headlights in 3 configurations: just the halos lit up, low beams and high beams. Curious as to what they look like. Thanks man... And still jealous you sunuvabitch lol

Also, what tint grade is that? Looks good!

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I forget the %. I'll ask. I had my buddy Chiro fill out a form stating I get "headaches" from FL sun.
Mine's past legal limit but not ghetto stupid. If I get pulled over I just show my hall pass from the State.

Yes I'll take those pics tonight.

Stop torturing yourself. LEDs are NOT optional for you. You must partake.

I'm steering you right.

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Lol... Roger that!

Those tints do look great though IMO. I get a hall pass as well. I'm a Naval Officer and my brother and cousin are both cops so not too worried about getting pulled over :)

southern6er22
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I completely agree about the LEDs. When building mine it was on the "if I don't get it I'll hate myself everytime I see a car with them" list. Can't wait to see those pics. I wish I had snapped some shots the other night at the dealer.

I went for the ARS to close the gap between this and the M3. Obviously this will not subtract a couple thousand pounds, but I am all for technologies that defy physics. BMW > Newtonian Physics. Prime example is the X6, even without ARS.

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 02:26 PM
ARS, does anyone know exactly what it does for sure? According to my Service guy, the 650i alread has Active Sway Bars. If you read the description on the configurator, it says that it changes the angle of the wheels relative to vertical... or something along those lines. That would suggest that ARS changes the camber of the wheels, no?

tbod
01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
ARS, does anyone know exactly what it does for sure? According to my Service guy, the 650i alread has Active Sway Bars. If you read the description on the configurator, it says that it changes the angle of the wheels relative to vertical... or something along those lines. That would suggest that ARS changes the camber of the wheels, no?

I'm thinking that the ARS pulls down the side of the car that's trying to lift which in effect changes the camber. Sort of like you see those home-made lowering kits on imports where they don't change the control arm to correct the camber.

The active sway bars are just smart 'stiffeners' that tighten up the sway bar. The ARS actually moves the sway bar. The X6 I had it on was amazing around corners. I could actually feel it pulling the car down. It's not as pronounced on the 6 series because the car is already pretty low and tight.

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Ya, I remember reading your post in the other thread about the X6. That's what turned me on to it. If it enhances handling and performance, then I'm all for it.

Sorry to derail, Jonny... Proceed!!!

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm heading out to dinner. I fear the irreparable damage done if this date catches me taking more pictures of the vehicle.

I will when I can.
Meantime. I recall more than one you tube video showing the Full LEDs in every dirty position, angle etc.

Videos also shows the wheels turning and eye following. You'll appreciate it more that way.

Now knock it off and order them.

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Ahh man, it's not about whether I want them or not. I most definitely do. I just wanted to see what they look like, head-on. The video on YouTube doesn't show that. My bad if I'm being a PITA. I was more just admiring your sweet ride and I wasn't trying to rush you. Enjoy your date, I'm sure she ain't complaining in that car lol. :)

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Took some anyway.
Forgot the just halo.

In broad daylight.

The pics don't come close to the real thing.

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Beautiful. Thanks for that :)

southern6er22
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
I got ARS on blind faith in BMW as there weren't any cars with it for me to drive. I'd like to think that there will be an improvement (even if it is a slight one) in handling with the $2,000 option. If not, then I guess I'm one of the suckers who they got to bite on it.

The headlights looks great! They definitely set this car apart from other Bimmers and other brands.

southern6er22
01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
You may have already seen this, but here are some great pics of the halos.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585430

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 09:56 PM
You may have already seen this, but here are some great pics of the halos.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585430

Nice Southern. My iPhone butchers them in photos. Nighttime they're nasty!

JONNYCHIRO
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Btw itnj in a lot of the pics I posted you'll see light reflected from the sky
onto the car...

Disregard that. It's the sun. You won't see any of that in NJ till Spring!!!
;)

With any luck you'll have your build order submitted by Ground Hog Day

;)

southern6er22
01-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Speaking of iPhones (sorry to go off topic), do you have BMW Apps, and, if so, do you/y'all use it, and what are your thoughts on it? I mainly got it for future use assuming some other companies will be designing apps for it (Facebook and Twitter don't do much for me, but Pandora seems potentially promising). I'm debating about getting a dock, but I hate to pay that premium if I'm never going to use it. The main thing I want is the cover art on the center display, but apparently you can get that with an Apple cable and an iPod (then I wouldn't have to take my phone out of my pocket when I get in the car). Just curious for opinions. Thanks!

car-fan
01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Speaking of iPhones (sorry to go off topic), do you have BMW Apps, and, if so, do you/y'all use it, and what are your thoughts on it? I mainly got it for future use assuming some other companies will be designing apps for it (Facebook and Twitter don't do much for me, but Pandora seems potentially promising). I'm debating about getting a dock, but I hate to pay that premium if I'm never going to use it. The main thing I want is the cover art on the center display, but apparently you can get that with an Apple cable and an iPod (then I wouldn't have to take my phone out of my pocket when I get in the car). Just curious for opinions. Thanks!

You "can" get album art displayed with the white Apple cable. I have apps, but I have not been able to get video playback via my iPod Touch. I think i need to use the black "y" cable for playback. That being said in my Mini the video plays via the plugin and supplied "y" cable with no issue. Not to mention the album art catalog displayed alphabetically. Although, I was told its the same type of connector, I tried the same cable on the 6 to no avail :dunno:

car-fan
01-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey Guys
The dealer just texted me a pic of my vehicle back from the paint shop.

Black Trim. Black Grille.

It's waiting to get detailed.
I'll post my own pics when I get it back!

Black Beauty is a "Black Menance" that's a good look :thumbup::thumbup:

Itinj6
01-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Southern, thanks for that link... Jonny, you're off the hook for the pics lol.

LMAO about the sun thing. I just realized something else... I was wondering why your car looks especially awesome from the front. Besides the black grille, you have no front plate!!! Another thing that Jersey screws up on lol. I'm going to petition for Jersey to have black colored plates.

thom.one.two
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Yep...That's the law in Texas too. However, I don't have plates on the Panamera S or the F12. I've gotten two tickets over the past 10 or so years, and I velcro the plate to the car, snap a picture, mail it to court, and they drop the ticket. I'm not about to put a plate on my cars.

Itinj6
01-25-2012, 12:23 AM
That's all it takes? Velcro and a camera? Count me in lol

JONNYCHIRO
01-25-2012, 05:26 AM
The Velcro defense! Classic. I'm
Surprised you're not ticketed more for not having the plate (but good for you man!). Agree front plate hideous.

In the first few days of ownership I was all about having Pandora etc show album art. I'm over it.

I'd much rather Bluetooth my iPhone music. It streams Pandora and any app I've tried.

For me it's better. I don't have to constantly go into the center console for it--for texts email etc.

southern6er22
01-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks! I'll just play with it when I get it, but I'm with you about having to dock the phone - more trouble than it's worth.

645kid
01-25-2012, 08:17 AM
beautiful

Itinj6
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I was never able to figure out the email and texts. Is it the same as Bluetooth audio? The only thing I didnt like about Bluetooth audio was u have to go into the phone to change playlist and you can't select songs separately without scrolling through all of them. Also, sometimes the scrolling got "stuck" where I couldn't scroll through songs with the steering wheel or the I drive controller. This is Bluetooth audio in talking about only.

JONNYCHIRO
01-25-2012, 08:52 AM
I was never able to figure out the email and texts. Is it the same as Bluetooth audio? The only thing I didnt like about Bluetooth audio was u have to go into the phone to change playlist and you can't select songs separately without scrolling through all of them. Also, sometimes the scrolling got "stuck" where I couldn't scroll through songs with the steering wheel or the I drive controller. This is Bluetooth audio in talking about only.

I don't get email or text to show up on the car's display (sound alert comes thru.)
I don't think it can do that. If it can I'd love to know how...

I found it much easier to select the playlists etc, navigate Pandora etc through the iPhone itself. I found the iDrive to be tedious (everything is always buried under 49 headings to scroll down to and click :mad:)

It was a pain for me to have to keep going in/out of my center console too.

Itinj6
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
I do get the audible notifications as well (for everything) but I'm pretty sure you can get email and texts on the Idrive display. I logged 45 hours on the toilet with the manual lol. I think it works through BMW Office and I coulda sworn it is via Bluetooth. Im on the road now so I can't reference it. Something about configuring it the same you way you configure Bluetooth audio under the options but now that I think about it, it may only be available on the BMW Assist Convenience Plan (that $199 a year job)

southern6er22
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I think the Mobile Office (text, email, etc.) only works with Blackberry. That was my understanding from the dealer and the articles I read and videos I watched. Not quite sure why that is since everyone has iPhones, but probably corporate crap deterring the comparability.

Itinj6
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Funny since Apple is optimized for BMW, with the IPod integration, cover art and all. But I think you are right, now that I think about it

JONNYCHIRO
01-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Not funny. Lame. Retarded. Douchy.

southern6er22
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm hoping that they come out with a software fix for it soon. At the very least they could do it through BMW Apps. That was specifically designed for the iPhone, so why it doesn't offer features available to Blackberry is beyond me.

JONNYCHIRO
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
One thing we didn't mention about BT streaming music and hardwired for sound: You are(in theory) going to lose some sound quality via BT.
BT technology is just not there yet (I've got two for the gym that collect dust b/c they sound cruddy. Worse outside biking w/o walls to bounce off of.)

Honestly, tho in the vehicle I cannot complain at all about the sound. I listen for it. I try to tell the difference between plugged in and stream. I cannot. It sounds great! :)
There's an occasional little pop of other goofy speaker distortion sound but it's rare. Never bothers much less interferes.

That being the case I never tuck the phone in the center console. Even when I've got to charge it I put the phone in the ash tray space and charge via lighter--so it's right there for me.
An aside: Do people smoke in their 2012 6 series??? If I chew gum, in my new ride, I make sure not to blow a bubble. :);):)

petriej
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
One thing we didn't mention about BT streaming music and hardwired for sound: You are(in theory) going to lose some sound quality via BT.
BT technology is just not there yet (I've got two for the gym that collect dust b/c they sound cruddy. Worse outside biking w/o walls to bounce off of.)

Honestly, tho in the vehicle I cannot complain at all about the sound. I listen for it. I try to tell the difference between plugged in and stream. I cannot. It sounds great! :)
There's an occasional little pop of other goofy speaker distortion sound but it's rare. Never bothers much less interferes.

That being the case I never tuck the phone in the center console. Even when I've got to charge it I put the phone in the ash tray space and charge via lighter--so it's right there for me.
An aside: Do people smoke in their 2012 6 series??? If I chew gum, in my new ride, I make sure not to blow a bubble. :);):)

I think BlueTooth 3.0 and above are supposed to be much better for stereo sound streaming. Not sure which version the F-series BMWs have.

I agree with you on the smoking thing, though I could totally see myself smoking a cigar in my M3 with the top down cruising the PCH...

Hmm, I may have just come up with a spring drive to try out when the rain stops. :thumbup:

Itinj6
01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
I dip in mine but I am careful to not drool lol. I gave my fiancée permission to smoke in it but she refuses... Good girl! But the problem with that is she always wants to take her X6 so she can smoke.

Some people are swearing that the BT audio sounds better than the cable. I really didn't hear a difference though.

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I listened to both plug in stream today...
Song on my iPhone, pandora, I heart radio.

It's true. Sounds better w BT!
Crazy...

southern6er22
01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
How does it compare in terms of playlist navigation between bluetooth and pluc-in? Is one easier for moving between playlists than the other? I'm very ADD and can't stick with one playlist for more than 15 minutes lol. That will probably have to play a role in which route I choose.

dalekressin
01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
wow chiro, nice

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 07:31 PM
You can't select from playlists using bluetooth audio on the idrive. It has to be from the phone. Whatever playlist u have selected on the phone, it will play that whole playlist. You can't search for songs using Bluetooth either. It's just a one up or one down select from the current song.

southern6er22
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
That's kinda why I was thinking I'd just keep the ol' iPhone 4 plugged in and not have to think about it and use the 4S for bluetooth phone use. I think I have my answer. Thanks!

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Unless I'm doing something wrong
the BT interface is different.

You know how it shows up on iDrive when it's plugged in?
Well, BT shows song, artist etc but it doesn't show playlists or navigate w the iDrive dial (at least the way I'm doing it). I just change playlists w the iPhone.

It's better that way. In my old Beemer
I kept an iPod touch w 40+ GB of music plugged in the center console. It was a pain for me to nav thru iDrive.
I'd dig it out. Unplug it. Find what I wanted. Plug it back in. All that was easier than nav thru all the iDrive menus.

This way it takes no time.

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I find the bluetooth audio really convenient though, when you are traveling a short distance with little time to spare or constant in and out of the car. I could see the great use of this function for a delivery boy. Of course, this applies to those who only have one source for phone and music. My 3GS is buried somewhere from when I moved lol.

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
But itnj you can find whatever you want thru the iPhone/iPod etc and the BT will pick up the change-go to the song, artist, playlist and/or song in the playlist.

Don't you find it better than the connected iDrive approach?

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Unless I'm doing something wrong
the BT interface is different.

You know how it shows up on iDrive when it's plugged in?
Well, BT shows song, artist etc but it doesn't show playlists or navigate w the iDrive dial (at least the way I'm doing it). I just change playlists w the iPhone.

It's better that way. In my old Beemer
I kept an iPod touch w 40+ GB of music plugged in the center console. It was a pain for me to nav thru iDrive.
I'd dig it out. Unplug it. Find what I wanted. Plug it back in. All that was easier than nav thru all the iDrive menus.

This way it takes no time.

Correct. You can't navigate playlist through idrive. Phone only. I can scroll through songs with the controller and/or the steering wheel as well. I love how the song shows up on the digital display below the tach.

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
But itnj you can find whatever you want thru the iPhone/iPod etc and the BT will pick up the change-go to the song, artist, playlist and/or song in the playlist.

Don't you find it better than the connected iDrive approach?

Both ways has its advantages and disadvantages IMO. When I'm doing a buck+ on the highway, I have zero interest in digging the phone out of my pocket or the console to switch playlists lol. However, the BT is good for the above mentioned application.

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Of course, this applies to those who only have one source for phone and music. My 3GS is buried somewhere from when I moved lol.
U can pair multiple devices.
I use an iPhone for phone/music
And an iPod touch for music.

You just got to make sure it's got the music (musical note) symbol lit (not greyed out)

Itinj6
01-29-2012, 07:56 PM
U can pair multiple devices.
I use an iPhone for phone/music
And an iPod touch for music.

You just got to make sure it's got the music (musical note) symbol lit (not greyed out)

Does the phone have to have connection to a cell phone service provider for the BT function to work?

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
No. But obviously you won't be able to stream pandora etc.

Your old iPhone basically becomes a iPod touch w 911 capability.

southern6er22
01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I'll probably just keep the deactivated iPhone plugged in for the sole purpose of music unless I hear a quality difference worth bluetooth streaming. If I'm using bluetooth I might as well use my activated current iPhone.

JONNYCHIRO
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I even set one of the programable buttons on the radio to bring up BT so I pick quickly btw devices and/or/if for some reason BT didn't grab on...

Southern, you'll see it's easier to navigate thru apple's interface on the device than it is thru iDrive. But whatever works for u ;)

southern6er22
01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty much being idealistic is the message I'm getting here. Probably the truth. Hahaha.

JONNYCHIRO
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty much being idealistic is the message I'm getting here. Probably the truth. Hahaha.

Not necessarily. You may prefer it docked.
I'm relieved I can stream. My last BMW it was a pain to constantly go into the console for text/email etc.

An aside; Have you seen the way the dash now interfaces w. the Nav Screen?
When you've got GPS running it shows turn by turn on the dash.
When you are listing to music it gives you option to go fwd, back etc via the steering wheel controls (and via the dash info.)
Same holds true for all kinds of other info...
Phone calls.
Profiles.

I wonder if this is a 6 series feature and higher or do all 2012 models have that?

It's badass!

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
When you say "dash," do you mean the black-panel screen with the speedometer, etc.? Can't wait to start playing with it.

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Btw, IT'S HERE! Hit the dealership this morning. I actually went by there to talk to them about some stuff regarding my Performance Center trip, pulled onto the lot, and saw a carbon black 6er covered in plastic. Walked inside and saw the GM whose grin was almost as big as mine. They were apparently able to do a couple of things to rush it in for me. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon as it has to be cleaned up and prepped. Despite the dirt and the plastic it looked amazing - love the color combo. So freakin' excited.

JONNYCHIRO
01-30-2012, 03:58 PM
That's great man!!
Yeah where the tach and spedo are.

Pics. Man. Pics.

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Definitely. ASAP. Sadly it probably won't be for a couple of days. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon then I've got a night class with an exam so I can't skip. Glad I'm getting it so soon, but timing isn't quite ideal.

JONNYCHIRO
01-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Southern, what color interior did you opt for?

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Black leather (non-perforated as I passed on the lux seating), gray poplar wood, nappa dash with contrast stitching, and black ceramic controls.

JONNYCHIRO
01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Our cars are twins except for the ceramic (probably should've got that but oh, well) and I got the white leather. I just stepped out of a black on black car so I am glad about that. The black and white contrast of the interior is sweet. Black is badass! When my ride was at the Dealership getting prepped--that's when the waiting was almost painful! ;)

Soon man, very soon!
What you studying?

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I love the ivory interior, especially with the contrast stitching and black contrast, but I didn't want to worry about the light carpet with all of the unpredictable rain we get here. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping much tonight. Probably will reread the owner's manual and rewatch all of the instructional videos lol.

I'm a bio major, but luckily my class tomorrow night is an elective, non-science majors botany course I'm taking to keep my full-time student status until graduation. Class is going to last forever knowing that the car is waiting for me at the end of it. Hopefully I can finish at the dealer early enough I can play for a while beforehand.

JONNYCHIRO
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
As you know from previous ownership
Your salesguy/girl gives a tutorial of the car to show all its features...

Mine even told me (while being built) to set aside an hour to do so.

When he tossed me the keys (I was to get in the driver side and he the passenger to give the tour) I drove off the lot. :) :) :).

I've never been back. ;) jk. But no tutorial. C'mon I had two different 2012 6s as loans from them (both in the deliberation process and the build.)
And like you and all the other nut jobs here I poured of the manual and video like an obsessed weirdo. ;)

Before you think it was a dick move for driving off, mind you I picked my car up 12-31-11. The sales guy got (holiday) taken care of :)

southern6er22
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Haha. It should be fun. I have to give it to my dealership... these guys have been really nice and know their stuff. I can't wait to drive my xDrive coupe with ARS. I've only driven a RWD convertible, so I don't really know what to expect with the chassis changes. Definitely more excitement than concern.

Itinj6
01-31-2012, 02:26 AM
WTF man?!?! I step out for a few hours to play hockey and I missed out on the great news? Congrats!!! I knew it seemed a bit long when you said it would be a week or so. Do not look at it too closely before it is prepped for delivery. She's filthy. She wouldn't want you to see her that way. Kinda like a girl without makeup lol. Can't wait to see pics. The pitbull is calling tomorrow about mine. I can do it myself but it is such a pleasure to sit back and watch my baby work lol. I hope she comes through for me *fingers crossed* I hope you don't have class tomorrow, you might not make it. You will be too busy wanting to put miles on her. BTW, for the size of that manual, it's pretty awful at explaining certain features. Just get in there and play. It's more fun that way but keep the manual close by in case you have questions. LOL, Jonny, for driving away before the salesman can get in there for your tutorial.

JONNYCHIRO
01-31-2012, 05:10 AM
BTW the manual is stored on your vehicle's HD. I've not really messed with it there but from the little I did its very user friendly. :)

southern6er22
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Haha. Definitely agree with your sans make-up comment. Beautiful despite the signs of wear and tear = true love (I don't mean that as dirty as it came out lol).

So last night at 2 am I was hit with an episode of food poisoning. Talk about timing. Luckily it has passed (prayers answered by the BMW gods), but not exactly a condition conducive to driving a new car. Haha.

Itinj6
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
BTW the manual is stored on your vehicle's HD. I've not really messed with it there but from the little I did its very user friendly. :)

Yes, the one in the hard drive is awesome. I forgot about that. It even gives animated tutorials in some of the systems. Anything you get stuck on, if you hit option (i believe), it gives you a direct link to it in the car's manual.

Itinj6
01-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Haha. Definitely agree with your sans make-up comment. Beautiful despite the signs of wear and tear = true love (I don't mean that as dirty as it came out lol).

So last night at 2 am I was hit with an episode of food poisoning. Talk about timing. Luckily it has passed (prayers answered by the BMW gods), but not exactly a condition conducive to driving a new car. Haha.

Dirty or not, that was damn funny. Wear and tear hahah

Of course you got food poisoning. Why wouldn't you. That sucks. Feel better! It usually doesn't last long.

JONNYCHIRO
01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Man, that sucks! Was it food poising or just nervous tummy excited over new ride day???

In any case, nothing would stop me, from pick up day!!!! I'd don an adult diaper
If I had to. :) 6

JONNYCHIRO
01-31-2012, 06:20 PM
XZLR8 please post some pics of your vehicle in the daylight.
I really want to see how the shadow line trim/Silver Paint play!!!! :)

Especially, given the photo spread we just got of the guy's new 6 in S.F.

southern6er22
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
IT'S HERE! No barf bag or adult diapers required. It is beautiful. Love the carbon black with black leather, gray poplar, ceramic, and stitching. Only had time to do about 50 miles, but every last mile was a blast.

Itinj6
01-31-2012, 10:56 PM
You know what they say... Pics or it didn't happen

Lol j/k.

Congrats and enjoy it!!!

southern6er22
01-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Haha. It was dusk when I finally finished at the dealer, but here's my preliminary proof. lol.

Itinj6
01-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Nice. An absolute stunner!

southern6er22
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks! I'm going to try to take some better pictures this weekend once I have some time and daylight.

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Congrats Man! Absolutely beautiful!

Enjoy!

JONNYCHIRO
04-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Snapped a pic yesterday. Grille looking perfect.

Itinj6
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes it is. Lovely as always

DRL650
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
looks great..

JONNYCHIRO
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I was just looking at Roadsta's
Saphire Black w Shadowline.
Talk about black beauty! B.

So, here's a question for ya?

IF Saphire Black were available with M sport would you have gone that route???

I love my CB and I'm glad I went with it. Plus last Bimmer was black-so the change up is great.

But Damned I love black.

southern6er22
04-21-2012, 04:24 PM
If it were available I probably would've gone for Black Sapphire... I'm glad they didn't give me the option. This is the one time I'll thank BMW for the restriction.

I love the Carbon Black. I wanted black for this car, and, while not true black, I like it better given its uniqueness.

Itinj6
04-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I love Black Sapphire but I would probably still go with Carbon Black because of its exclusivity to M-Sport.

Also, Black Sapphire is a dirty looking color, but still very nice.

southern6er22
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I wonder if I can have the shadowline from the 6ers they crashed to make the ConnectedDrive video I took this from.