PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes Product Placement

wchewbaka
01-31-2012, 10:48 PM
In the third episode of Sherlock Holmes, second season, the Deputy Inspector drives a white (silver?) GT.

This may be the first product placement of the GT.

Perhaps BMW is actually trying to market our car?

The series was shown in GB in January and will be in on PBS this spring.

http://www.productplacement.co.uk/newsitems/index.cfm?id=61

stancv
02-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Actually, in the first episode in the first season (study in pink) they have a 5GT show up twice: at a murder scene, next to the police car, and on the street, I believe in front of their house. Just watched the show the other day and your post came to mind :)
Good, intelligent show to showcase the car.

wchewbaka
02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Did not notice it in the first season, probably because I did not have my car at the time. I'll have to watch the second season episode again, but if I recall properly, they have the GT equipped with sights and sirens. Seems like a awfully nice car for police work...

stancv
02-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey, its the the UK, I guess the Queen really wants the Scotland Yard to drive the best to keep her country safe :)

I know that the police in Germany has BMWs in their fleet, but I agree, the F07 is quite upscale for police business. However, their strategy may backfire because of the super-roomy backseat, which may keep criminals coming back for more of the pampering experience :D