PDA

View Full Version : Soft close doors?

gmblack3
02-01-2012, 04:46 AM
For some silly reason I assumed that the 535i GT came with soft close doors. I took ED of ours yesterday and it did not. Is this even offered as an option? We have cold weather and Lux seating as our options.

TIA!

Wardman
02-01-2012, 09:41 AM
It's a different package option for 2012. The ZVP adds features that previously had to be ordered as part of larger packages (soft close was part of convenience package if I recall for 2012 and had to be ordered separately). Correction - not an option for 2012 535GT's in the US at all

Get used to slamming the door for the first bit, and trying to use the door frame instead of the windows. It takes some breaking in and getting used to, that said, there is not another motor to go bad or jam when something is stuck in the lock and the door pulls itself shut (saw first hand this on a car at the dealership that could not be opened at all).

Pros and cons I guess....

gmblack3
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
It's a different package option for 2012. The ZVP adds features that previously had to be ordered as part of larger packages (soft close was part of convenience package if I recall for 2012 and had to be ordered separately). Correction - not an option for 2012 535GT's in the US at all

Get used to slamming the door for the first bit, and trying to use the door frame instead of the windows. It takes some breaking in and getting used to, that said, there is not another motor to go bad or jam when something is stuck in the lock and the door pulls itself shut (saw first hand this on a car at the dealership that could not be opened at all).

Pros and cons I guess....

Thanks for the info. Yes it does require some effort when new. I try to use the handle.

Wardman
02-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed - my wives prints are all over the passnger side window - aaaauuuuggghhhh

lexhair
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Too bad. Maybe my favorite bell/whistle on mine.

wchewbaka
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I initially thought I would miss soft close on my 2012, but I find the doors easy to close with the automatic window retraction. I think it is pretty cool....

gmblack3
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone!