PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Black Soft Top

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Does anyone have it or seen this in person that can comment on it? It is not listed in the BMWNA online configuror and according to this brochure that my Salesman handed me, it is only available for Convertibles with the M-Sport Package. I was thinking maybe it is an overseas option only, but the whole brochure references BMWUSA. It may be a little difficult to see detail in the pic but it looks like black with white dots in between each canvas threading. Carbon Black just doesn't look right with the regular black top.

I took one pic with and one without flash.

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
You really can't go by those color swatches. You've got to see the vehicle as it sits before you.

Carbon black plays extremely nice w black. Some (me+) would state plainly they are the sexiest couple at the club... ;)

; d

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
You may be right. I only saw the carbon black/black soft top combo online. Might be much nicer in person but this moonlight black soft top is pretty intriguing and unique.

Still hoping I won't have to select amongst soft top colors but I'm keeping myself prepared.

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 04:49 PM
No coupe for the lieutenant ?

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
No word yet. Just preparing myself in case. We were supposed to hear back by Monday or yesterday the latest, but the GM generally doesn't call unless he has an update. He is pretty good with that. We called him today but his assistant said he would call back because he was on the phone with corporate, presumably about my issue. So far, no news is good news I guess. Just sucks if i have to pay my monthly $1200 payment for a 328 loaner. We are using that as an argument too. The bottom line is, if they are considering the vert and coupe two totally different cars, we are trying to end the lease agreement on the old and start new. Issue with that may be a new higher lease price.

I follow a "praise in public, reprimand in private" leadership style. If we get good news, I will post the name of the dealership and GM for prospective tri-state buyers to check out.

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
You know I'm getting acting all worked up only b/c ideally, the fair thing is to let you build new however you decide.

But it's worth remembering you can't lose here. Ultimately you'll be sitting
in a new 6--either your original build or the one you'd make if you get to do it over.

If mine blows up Im adding ceramic?
:) ;) :)

Good luck buddy.

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Lol. Thanks.

I had ceramic on the original. Im actually gonna go with regular on the next. It's gonna match nicely with the aluminum trim I plan on ordering. The ceramic is really nice but kind of gloomy. I just love how light colors e.g. brushed aluminum, brightens and livens up the interior.

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Back to thread title:
Man tough call. I'd really need to see the vehicle.

My hunch is it will either:
A. Look absolutely amazing
B. Look really good but dressed up rather than sporty (the way a previous post spoke about liking brushed aluminum trim while we were all going bananas over black).
C. Look like dog****.

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
If ceramic alone equates to gloom, then mine must be on the verge of offing itself. lol. I know what you mean :)

JONNYCHIRO
02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Sweet Southern!!! Congrats. Looks great.

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 07:29 PM
If ceramic alone equates to gloom, then mine must be on the verge of offing itself. lol. I know what you mean :)

I can just hear the blues playing from that car stereo lol.

I love the ceramic. It's very rich and elegant looking. I have to opt out of it though in my custom build as I am already gonna be about 3K over my original MSRP, which will come out of pocket. I was trying to make Jonny and myself feel better lol. But I do think the non ceramic will go good with brushed aluminum trim. Ya know, I was wondering if that would be an easy upgrade after the fact. It's just the shifter, idrive controller and a few knobs.

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
BTW, Southern, did you find those trunk handles I was talking about?

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I did, but the second time I closed it I knocked out the plastic light thing that is on the left side of the trunk lid lol. Gotta reattach that tomorrow. Got a bit too aggressive with it... but no fingerprints! haha

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh man. I feel like that's my fault. It isn't damaged is it? Just pull down gently.

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
No, it's fine. It looks like a wire just needs to be reconnected and snapped in place. Didn't want to mess with it in the dark. My less than graceful pulling motion included accidentally applying some of that force to the plastic piece rather than the handle.

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Ahh ok I gotcha. I though the force from it slamming down knocked it loose