PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
These heated seats are amazing. Extremely even and very hot. Today after driving around for a while with the heated seats set on the highest setting I changed my shirt and noticed in the mirror that I had red zig-zag marks runing vertically along my back. At first I thought I had some weird rash before realizing the cause of the strange markings. This should be the test for all manufacturers of heated seats - if the occupant is not branded after 10 minutes on high, then the the seat isn't hot enough. Just my thoughts. lol

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Branded hahaha. Even up North, I can't put it on the highest setting on the coldest days. The lowest is more than sufficient.

By the way, not sure if you read the manual or checked it out yet, but you can change the heating distro to only seat, only backrest or both (default)

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I played with it some but left it on back and seat. Very impressed with the even distribution across every part of the seat. We had a very wet and cold day - 60 degrees. lol. I guess that is summer temperature to you.

Itinj6
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Actually, we had a dry 60 deg day today. But yes, 60 deg and I turn on the ventilated seats lol

southern6er22
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
As much as I prefer German cars over American, I must say that the cooled seats on the Denali are my favorite. They actually get legitimately cold rather than just blowing cold air. Very nice when it is 100 degrees in a huge black SUV with black leather.