PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to PARK AVE BMW, NJ

Itinj6
02-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I would like to extend my personal experience to all the 'Fest members about PARK AVE BMW in Bergen County, NJ, it's GM, Wayne Corenza, Sales Manager, Jeremy Behar and Salesman Aimon Altaai.

As some of you know, my 650i Vert was taken back to be trade assisted. After a couple weeks and days of searching the database and pipeline for a suitable replacement, none was found. I was given the opportunity to custom order. Once given that opportunity, besides the salesman showing me Coupes, I made a decision that I wanted a Coupe instead of the original Convertible I had. I figured it was no problem since they were showing me available Coupes. Being that the Coupe is cheaper and more practical in the Northeast, I would be able to dress it up with more options. The manufacturer then came back and said that I was unable to switch to Coupe since the Coupe and Vert are two different cars and we were approved for a Vert. After a few phone conversations, emails, and the GM at Park Ave BMW, Wayne Corenza going to bat for me, they finally approved me for the Coupe today which already has a production number. On top of that, they also got us into a brand new custom ordered X6 that was trade assisted as well. So once again, I would like to give a special thanks to Park Ave BMW and GM Wayne Corenza for all the special help they provided. I highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy in the future.

southern6er22
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Awesome!!! I'm glad they worked it out for you. What is your final build spec sheet?

TopDownInFL
02-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Fantastic news. Glad it all worked out!

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Great News. I'm happy for you man!

Good to know they did the right thing.

I really think you'll dig the lines of the Coupe even more than the 'practicality' aspect for NJ/NY area.

As we mentioned so often you really weren't going to 'lose' however it turned out. BONUS--it's turned out like so!!!!

Good for you!

Now that you've posted the good news in three threads are you gonna post the build or do we need to call Mr. W Corenza direct? :) :) :)

I'm guessing SHADOWLINE :)

Oh and brother good news is read nice like w a paragraph break or two. ;)

I know you were too excited to hit 'return'. I would be too!!!!

Way to go Ms. Initj!

jettie1767
02-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Congrats to you and kudos to your dealer. BTW, I noticed you have trade-assisted quite a bit. I've had about 3 BMWs and luckily, I've not had any major problems with them. Can you share the issues and why you have trade-assisted several BMWs?

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 11:01 AM

This is what it looks like. My original MSRP was 104,775 so I only have to throw a little more than a thousand out of pocket to match it. When I sent the original email and build sheet to the GM, I asked him to add the Shadowline trim but it looks like it was omitted. I am going there in person today to talk about it. This was not sent in yet. They are waiting on my approval. My (attainable) dream car is going to become reality :). Thanks for all your support!!! Now the wait begins.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Congrats to you and kudos to your dealer. BTW, I noticed you have trade-assisted quite a bit. I've had about 3 BMWs and luckily, I've not had any major problems with them. Can you share the issues and why you have trade-assisted several BMWs?

The first trade assist was a 2007 335i coupe that had the steering lock up while driving. They were unable to fix it after three times in service.

The next was a 2010 X6 50i that was burning oil, turbo seized, very rough idle, multiple check engine lights, overheating... It's a laundry list of problems.

Last was my 2012 650i Vert that when I started it every morning, it said steering behaviour, use caution, drive moderately and I was unable to turn the wheel. The car was in the shop three times for this and they couldn't fix it. I would have to sit in the car for 20 mins before the problem would go away.

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Now just to mess with them... Go in a week from now and tell them you changed your mind and you want your original build. :)

Thebreadman
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
It is amazing to me that with all those problems, you are still with BMW. I certainly would have moved on.

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd rather date a bat**** crazy hot chick (and by extension all her Daddy issues) than the middle of the road stable one that's 'good for me'.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Now just to mess with them... Go in a week from now and tell them you changed your mind and you want your original build. :)

I was thinking about this lol. I dont want to mess with a very sensitive situation though.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
It is amazing to me that with all those problems, you are still with BMW. I certainly would have moved on.

I agree and it was on my mind to check out MB, Jaguar, and dare I say it, Audi lol... But damn if they weren't so awesome when they work properly. Nothing else out there (in my price range) intrigues me like BMW does. I guess I'm keeping the faith.

I been a huge fan of the 6er since the 80's. I was never able to afford one before but when the E63/64 came out, I was giggling like a little school girl. I was so excited that they reintroduced it.

Elias
02-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow three totally different cars and three lemons, I have to say, you have lots of patience my friend kudos to you. I don't think I would've been as tolerable as you, thankfully it always worked out for you, enjoy your new car!

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you.

On a side note, just spoke to the Sales Manager and Shadowline trim is not available. Only on the Individual package. They already hooked me up with the whole Coupe thing so I'd rather not push it. I'm good, I mean really good with what I'm getting :)

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I got you for the Grille Daddio ;););)

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I got you for the Grille Daddio ;););)

Awesome man, thanks!!!

southern6er22
02-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Your build looks great! Can't wait to see pics of the final product. When are they saying you'll get your hands on it?

Sorry to hear about the trim. I'm going to hold off on it for now and see what happens with future MY 6ers. I really like the shadow line and would've gotten it at time of build if I could, but I think I'm going to hold off for now. I love how Jonny's looks, but I like the way the aluminum looks as well. I'll see what happens as more parts become available, but i can't justify spending > $1000 on something that should've been included in the first place.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Your build looks great! Can't wait to see pics of the final product. When are they saying you'll get your hands on it?

Sorry to hear about the trim. I'm going to hold off on it for now and see what happens with future MY 6ers. I really like the shadow line and would've gotten it at time of build if I could, but I think I'm going to hold off for now. I love how Jonny's looks, but I like the way the aluminum looks as well. I'll see what happens as more parts become available, but i can't justify spending > $1000 on something that should've been included in the first place.

Thanks!!! They are saying 6-8 weeks :(. Bummer... but at least I am picking up my original Vert on Monday to drive in the meanwhile.

As for the Shadowline, I'm just going to get the Vinyl added to it. It's cheap to do and can be removed if need be. I do wish I got it stock as I am going for an all blacked out look (wheels included). Also, Im gonna get tints there while I am at it. My service manager told me he knows a place that does a great job with this and they had a 7er come through that got the work done from them. He said it looked as good as stock. It's bull though considering M-Sport is synonymous with Shadowline.

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Sweet build.
LOFL @ the screenshot text comment! :)

jettie1767
02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
The first trade assist was a 2007 335i coupe that had the steering lock up while driving. They were unable to fix it after three times in service.

The next was a 2010 X6 50i that was burning oil, turbo seized, very rough idle, multiple check engine lights, overheating... It's a laundry list of problems.

Last was my 2012 650i Vert that when I started it every morning, it said steering behaviour, use caution, drive moderately and I was unable to turn the wheel. The car was in the shop three times for this and they couldn't fix it. I would have to sit in the car for 20 mins before the problem would go away.

Oh wow! I'm surprised you still buy BMWs. I would have gone elsewhere if I had those issues.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweet build.
LOFL @ the screenshot text comment! :)

Haha, I was hoping nobody would notice. Funny thing, when I saw it on the screenshot, I kept tapping it to go to the text but it wouldn't. Then I realized I caught it in the screenshot and I was too lazy to fix it. Me and my friend always act affectionate like that. It's funny when other people are around but not so much in texts when nobody is watching. We get carried away lol. Thank goodness for the Don't Ask Don't Tell Repeal or I would've been questioned by now lol.

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh wow! I'm surprised you still buy BMWs. I would have gone elsewhere if I had those issues.

Yeah, but they are just so awesome when they work. Nothing else out there in that price range catches my attention.

JONNYCHIRO
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Haha, I was hoping nobody would notice. Funny thing, when I saw it on the screenshot, I kept tapping it to go to the text but it wouldn't. Then I realized I caught it in the screenshot and I was too lazy to fix it. Me and my friend always act affectionate like that. It's funny when other people are around but not so much in texts when nobody is watching. We get carried away lol. Thank goodness for the Don't Ask Don't Tell Repeal or I would've been questioned by now lol.

You had me at Shadowline. LOFL!
:)

Itinj6
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Haha touché.

jettie1767
02-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but they are just so awesome when they work. Nothing else out there in that price range catches my attention.

I had a chance to attend a driving event for the all-new 911. Pretty cool car.

Itinj6
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
911s are a bit pricey, aren't they?

JONNYCHIRO
02-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Itinj try not to break this one ha ha! ;)

I got a good feeling bout this one buddy!

Don't wanna jinx me self but this is number 4 for me and aside from run flats loving nails I've never had anything worse than the dreaded swirl mark.
;););)

Itinj6
02-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Those bastards gave it to me broken lol... But I'm actually glad they did. Now I get what I want and I get to drive my old one in the meanwhile :)

jettie1767
02-06-2012, 08:35 AM
911s are a bit pricey, aren't they?

The one I test drove was a 911S with an MSRP of $126k. But base is $89k, I believe.

JONNYCHIRO
02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Jettie isn't there a Porshe forum that's missing you ;)

southern6er22
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
The add-ons were one of the main deterrants for me not going with the 911. Fitting the interior with a similar level of equipment and luxury was going to cost > $12,000. I could justify that kind of money on something like ceramic breaks or engine/performance upgrades, but not so I didn't feel like I was sitting inside of a Civic*.

* I am in no way comparing the ride, handling, driving experience of a 911 to a Civic - don't want to start that **** storm :)

Itinj6
02-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Same here. The 911 would be way too much to option out nicely

car-fan
02-07-2012, 09:45 PM

+1 been there quite a few times myself with BMW. Many people just take repairs/days out for granted without protecting themselves and/or excercising their rights. Yet I still remain true to the brand:thumbup::thumbup:

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I just added the Active Cruise Control to my order. I'm such a technology geek. I love buttons on my dash that do all kinds of cool sh*t.

Now I can turn on the Active Cruise and Lane Departure... And text or apply makeup like a schmuck lol. Kidding of course.

southern6er22
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm extremely jealous of your toys. I was very tempted by that too. I told myself I wasn't going to break the $100k mark, but I have no will power. I was right at $99k sans M Sport, saw it on a Space Gray coupe at the dealer, and before I knew it I was at $103k with nothing I could live without (first world problems). I did have to reel myself in a bit since I started out last April looking at the $70k range. lol. Can't wait to see your coupe!

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm 100% sure that the Active Cruise Control is 100% useless, along with the other crap I added to it e.g. Night Vision. I don't even use Cruise Control lol. It's just a novelty that will wear off after the first use I'm sure, but I can't explain why I want it so bad. Just technology I guess. I'm a sucker for it.

southern6er22
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
You don't have to explain that to me. I have bought every single iPhone as soon as it came out, and I bought an iPad despite having no use for it at all except for putting pictures on it (mostly of the 6er lol) and searching the internet (mostly reading about the 6er) because I can't be bothered to pull out my MacBook Pro. My friends tease me that I'd pay $500 toilet paper so long as it has a shiny Apple logo on it - sadly that's probably true. I probably would have gone for the Active Cruise if I drove any amount of highway, but I wouldn't do much for me sitting in traffic and overtaking haha. At least now you can "safely" Tweet using BMW Apps and the other useless and distracting features it offers :)

I do wish that they put a button on the steering wheel with an arrow to move to the next song on a playlist, CD track, etc. The scroll wheel is a cool feature when you want a specific song, but to go to the next "random" song I have to reach over to the CD "skip" button on the dash. I have started using the iDrive controller as I leave it set on "next song" on the entertainment screen so I just have to tap it. My point (reason behind this rant lol) is that they put a bunch of buttons on the left side for the cruise control (which I rarely use) but nothing for "next song" on the steering wheel. Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by this, but I think they could've stuck another button on there somewhere.

thom.one.two
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Totally agree. Plus, there are two empty button slots on the left side of the steering wheel. I also liked the cruise on a stick out of the way like on my last 6 because in three years I never turned it on. But I do miss those buttons.

Interestingly enough, my Panamera has the same exact button wheel for the stereo, and the print/content looks exactly the same when you use the scroll wheel on both cars.

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
I have a solution... Close your eyes and scroll the thumbwheel. Where ever you stop is your random song ;)

Seriously though, there is all kinds of room for more useful buttons. See you in the next facelift :). Still waiting for the "Shadowline Trim On/Off" rocker switch lol

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Totally agree. Plus, there are two empty button slots on the left side of the steering wheel.

Not sure if you know, but those two empty slots are reserved for the Active Cruise Control system. I think they are to set the distance and/or speed from the vehicle in front of you. When I first picked up the car, I though I was missing the heated steering wheel button. I frantically called my dealer on the way home after delivery thinking they forgot it lol. The X6 has it on the steering wheel so I didn't think to look on the side. I was hitting every (readily visible) button in the car hoping the steering wheel would get hot.

I actually really like the thumbwheel. You get nice precise scrolling with it and you dont have to play thumb wrestling with the steering wheel like with the + - buttons, trying to find them. The added push button on it is good on ergonomics as well, IMO

thom.one.two
02-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I guess if it is a daily driver, cruise on the wheel makes sense. Just for me, I only take it out when I want the top down/never go on freeway.

I do like the scroll feature. I just wish it had an up down feature too. The Panamera has both.

thom.one.two
02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Big, big problems, huh? World peace...shi* world-wide economy...Damn, I have to reach for the up down button...

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 10:57 PM
The online configuror is actually a pretty accurate tool. If you click on the Active Cruise option, you can see the buttons appear on the steering wheel in the picture. Same with all the options. Small and if you don't pay attention you will never notice but it is there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately lol) my 650 is my daily and only driver so I took as many options as I can afford.

Itinj6
02-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Big, big problems, huh? World peace...shi* world-wide economy...Damn, I have to reach for the up down button...

I tried the whole world peace thing when I went to Ass-crack-istan. Now I want my buttons damn it... hahaha

XZLR8
02-14-2012, 07:44 AM
I ordered Night Vision on one of my 7ers. I told my salesman that if I ever indicate that I'd like to order it again, just hit me upside the head with a shovel.

(Fellow Apple addict here, too, BTW.)

Itinj6
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
I ordered Night Vision on one of my 7ers. I told my salesman that if I ever indicate that I'd like to order it again, just hit me upside the head with a shovel.

(Fellow Apple addict here, too, BTW.)

Haha, useless just as I suspected. Oh well. I will post my unbiased opinion as well when I get it. I presume it will be no different than yours.

JONNYCHIRO
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought you were a pretty cool cat itinj. Until the whole night vision thing...

;);););)

Itinj6
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought you were a pretty cool cat itinj. Until the whole night vision thing...

;);););)

Without the Nightvision, How else am I supposed to run narcotics across the border? Ever wonder why I want: black car, black grille, Shadowline trim, tints, black wheels, etc, and rather persistent about it too lol... How 'bout now? :)

For all the Feds out there tracking the interwebz, I am kidding of course.

JONNYCHIRO
02-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Without the Nightvision, How else am I supposed to run narcotics across the border?

It's easy man. Just do what we did in high school. Take the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel. GWB is fine coming home. No tolls.:):););):):)

thom.one.two
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Hehehe. You guys made me laugh. See, before night vision, there was a big Lincoln Continental with a crosshair star on the hood. Too slow crossing that street granny...line her up

Itinj6
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
It's easy man. Just do what we did in high school. Take the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel. GWB is fine coming home. No tolls.:):););):):)

Ya but the GWB is crawling with Port Authority Police.

Besides, im big time. I was talking about CanAm and Mexican borders.

Itinj6
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Hehehe. You guys made me laugh. See, before night vision, there was a big Lincoln Continental with a crosshair star on the hood. Too slow crossing that street granny...line her up

Hahahaha

JONNYCHIRO
02-15-2012, 04:03 AM
I knew what border you were referring to esse! ;).

I also know you're big time! :)
I'm just funnin'

southern6er22
02-15-2012, 07:20 AM
If y'all keep talking like this on these threads I'm going to have to stop reading them during class because I keep laughing. Haha

Itinj6
02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
If y'all keep talking like this on these threads I'm going to have to stop reading them during class because I keep laughing. Haha

Just be thankful you have something better to do in class than actual class work. Smart phones were non-existent when I was in school. I resorted to drawing dirty pictures on my graphing calculator... You ever see the movie "Superbad". Yeah, that was me with the drawings. :)

Itinj6
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I knew what border you were referring to esse! ;).

Why ju call me a term paper mang? LOL

JONNYCHIRO
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
why ju call me a term paper mang? Lol

lofl ;)

southern6er22
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
lol. Still have my TI-83 Plus. Many inappropriate drawings were made with that calculator in the pre-iPhone days of high school.

Itinj6
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
That calculator was a baaad mutha effa