PDA

View Full Version : E65 Dunlop SP Winter 245 50 18 with wheels $200

sequel95
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST: Hi there. I am selling four wheels with four tires mounted and balanced. The wheels are aftermarket Italian made BMW replica 18" with centercaps for a 750i, 745i. No TPMS. Tires are Dunlop SP Winter 245 50 18 and have 7/32nds left. I would estimate the tires have 50% life left.

Here is the story. I bought these wheels and tires from a guy in Franklin WI who had them on his 745i. He had some paint damage and had a friend powder coat them. They looked like a million $! So, I bought them from him in 2010. In the first winter, my employer started using Geoice, a gel based product made with veggie or beet juice to melt ice and snow, mixed with salt. The gel crap held the salt chunks on the wheels while I was busy at work and sure enough, after a season, the powder coating had become damaged. I sanded down the wheels and repainted with BMW spec paint from Bavauto. Getting a smooth finish was very difficult with the way the powder coat was applied.

I would like to get $200 for the entire set. I had them balanced down at O'Reilly's Motorcars in Milwaukee within last 6 mos. One tire has a plug or two and other than that, they would be great winter wheels and tires for someone who is not looking for a like new set.

Thanks.