PDA

View Full Version : en route timeline

mpress
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
OK so my GT 550ix finally moved to production ends, and the bmwna says status is released to carrier.... so anyone have an idea of how long the transit time might be...
hopefully the ship is waiting at the dock with the captain tapping his foot saying where is mpress's car....i wanna get out to sea already...

jadnashuanh
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
The trip is usually 7-8 days...depends on stops and weather. Then, it has to clear customs, get any last minute tweaks or accessories you ordered, sometimes, get the proper wheels/tires, maybe tweak the nav and software, and get scheduled for delivery to the dealer. That can take up to a week. So, depending on how long it sits in the port to get out...figure at least two weeks, and it could be a bunch more. European delivery often results in slightly longer time to clear customs.

The on-line status is often way out of date...best to talk to the sales rep, they can check a different server whose data is much more up to date. Mine said at the port for a week after it was delivered!

wchewbaka
02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Take a look at this website: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

I used it to track the ship

My car never appeared on in the tracking data, but you can find out the ship name from the dealer and track your car through shipping, the vehicle prep center, etc.