PDA

View Full Version : Finally here! (and a new color for this board to boot...)

unlaidenswallow
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey guys - wait is finally over. And just as predicted - as soon as it came in so too did the lousy weather...

Why did I get x-drive again when right now I can't even stand to take it out when the roads are wet? :D Maybe once I break 50 miles and deal with the fact that it actually IS going to get dirty at some point I'll be better. I bought it to drive - not to sit in the garage.

In any case - absolutely loving all whopping 30 miles I have put on it. And it certainly is turning heads! Tho I guess driving with the top down when it's 35 out might have something to do with that?? Yeah ok - my first convertible. :rofl:

As much as I've been following everyone's comments here and new cars over the past few months I don't think I've seen a single car or even reference to Mojave exterior - so here it is. Obviously color is subjective, but I really do love it on this car. The blacks (carbon and sapphire) certainly seem to dominate here and they obviously look amazing. I just sold my sapphire black 530xi and personally I still wouldn't get a 5 in any other color, but to me this really works - particularly in the convertible with the contrast of the black top as well as the strong 2-tone effect you get from the standard 19s. And I definitely won't mind the break from the "black car lifestyle" and the efforts to keep it clean and avoid the dreaded swirl marks.

Still discovering the nuances - but of course that's half the fun. Specs are in the sig below.

Here are a few pics a couple days in. Not exactly the beautiful weather or location I'd like to find, but it's a start. Funny thing I've noticed about the 6 from the day it was introduced, it always seems to look even better in person. That goes for lines of the car itself as well as I would argue the Mojave color and how it looks in the sun. But I'd bet everyone who has posted pics of theirs has felt the same way. Anyway - enjoy...

Elias
02-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Nice car the color looks good with the black top !

JONNYCHIRO
02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I've got to say that I've NEVER seen a vehicle, in which, every color I've seen looks uniquely cool.
Actually, the opposite's been true. I'd typically really dig a certain make/model (especially BMW) in one color but actually dislike it in another color.

OP said it. The vehicles must really be seen in person (what's sad is the build your own on the web site and the brochure just about ruin the experience relative to the real deal). I've seen enough different colors in person that, now, I can kinda apply my own imagination as I did w. the OP's pics. Pics look great! But I am sure that's looking even more sweet in the flesh, errr, metal. ;)

This 2012 6 series is such a friggin pretty vehicle.

I am a little surprised that reviews haven't raved more than they have.

Enjoy unlaiden! Sweet Ride!

I like the fact that you really went you're own way.

southern6er22
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Funny you posted pics today - I just saw one this afternoon at the Performance Center that was nearly identical! Great pics, and the color is even better in person. Beautiful car!

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow, the website does that color no justice. Looks beautiful, almost like a gunmetal. Enjoy!!!

jettie1767
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Nice color! Have fun with it!

XZLR8
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Looks really great. Congrats!

dkreidel
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Mojave is indeed a great color - we ordered our Z4 in Mojave and love it!

dk

TopDownInFL
02-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Perhaps I should have bought a vert... :thumbup:

Leslierc
02-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Beautiful car and colour...reminiscent of Sepang Bronze!

Sandlapper
02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Best looking Vert outside color combo I've seen. Congratulations.