PDA

View Full Version : DRL's

ah9999
02-11-2012, 01:11 PM
I think I may have found a 'bug' with my new 640d, before I make a trip to the dealer I just want to check I'm not being an idiot........

Okay, I've ticked the 'Daytime Running Light' option on the iDrive

I've tried the light switch in all modes.....auto, off, side and full

I've tried switching the front and rear fogs in and off

.......I cannot get the front LED DRL's to come in, the ones just above the front splitter (nlt the headlamps)

Have I missed anything?

JONNYCHIRO
02-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Am I missing something? Are you talking about the fogs? Turn on the fog lamps for those...
Otherwise I've got no clue what you're describing.

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I believe the DRL's are just the corona rings brightening up more. When you turn the headlights on or just the parking lights, the rings dim some, but when you shut the headlights off, the rings get substantially brighter. Is this what you are taking about?

southern6er22
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
I think you're talking about the fog lights. Headlights have to be on for those - DRL are just coronas plus the bar that cuts them off from above.

I think BMW purposely didn't want them on during the day because that is Merc's new thing. lol

Itinj6
02-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure about the full LED headlights, but you can also turn the fogs on with just the parking lights (headlights not necessarily required) on the xenon headlights. It's just one click to the right from the "O" setting.