PDA

View Full Version : BMW M6 Coupe and Convertible Details RELEASED - Coming Summer of 2012

tim330i
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com//gallery/BMW-M6-F12-Convertible-F13-Coupe/large/BMW-M6-F12-Convertible-F13-Coupe-001.jpg

BMW Reveals the M6 Coupe and M6 Convertible for a Summer 2012 Launch

The BMW M6 is another one of those iconic BMW models that stands out in every way. The power and performance is there with a 4.4-liter V8 engine featuring M Twin Power technology and producing 560 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. The style is sleek and aggressive featuring double-spoke like styling on the kidney grilles and optional upgrades like Carbon Ceramic Brakes.

The first chance to see this beastly beauty in person is at the Geneva Auto Show in March with the Coupe and at the New York Auto Show in April for the Convertible version. Read on to get all the details about the 3rd generation M6 and see all the eye candy (photos) you can handle!

Read more - http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/600282/bmw-reveals-the-m6-coupe-and-m6-convertible-for-a-summer-release/

JONNYCHIRO
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Generally, I really dig it. Especially like the Carbon interior, roof, and the steering wheel as well as the wheels and the bottom piece on the front.

But, (okay I am going to say it) in my opinion the M package body work on the 6 series is much more aggressive from the front (head on and in profile) than the M6 body lines.

I mean the M6 looks more like the 6 series than the M package 6 does. Weird.

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Is that shadow line trim I see???

JONNYCHIRO
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Is that shadow line trim I see???

LOFL If they left it off the M6 that'd be awesome!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Did you check out the gallery (on the link.)??? It's got some sweet touches.

Am I right though? Pretty tame front end vs. M package.

JONNYCHIRO
02-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I want to lick the calipers. ;)

southern6er22
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
It looks to me like they did the impossible - they made the backseat/Nappa covered briefcase holder even smaller. The roofline looks like it slopes a little more than than the 6 Series coupe. Maybe it's my imagination, but they already killed the backseat, so if they want to urinate on its ashes in the name of a sportier roofline... go for it!

Steering wheel is cool, and the graphics on the black panel look different, but I'm not loving the shift leaver and the box thing beneath it.

I like some of the styling components better on the 650i than the M6, but some of that may be the orange, which is too loud for my taste. A Lambo can pull off that color, but I'm just not liking that color on it.

But, if I'm honest, I'd take the M6 in a heartbeat over the 650i. I love my 650xi, but I know I couldn't live without those extra 160 horses and 50 torques --- if I had the money. I'd love to see what my insurance would be for that as a 22 year old male (part of the reason why I couldn't do the M5). lol

leejae76
02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree with johnnychiro. I guess I expected a lot. Difference between m-package and m6 styling is too minimal. I was expecting little more aggressive styling from m6. It's nice but visual presence could of been more aggressive.

(ofcourse power is definitely respectable)

roadsta
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Why would they have the right wing mirror turned in on the photo? Looks weird. Does it mean it can turn its mirrors independently?

r

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Why would they have the right wing mirror turned in on the photo? Looks weird. Does it mean it can turn its mirrors independently?

r

If they aren't power folding (to save on any weight they can) then sure.

I am so against the carbon fiber roof. I can appreciate the performance aspect of it, but I really need an exposed roof in my car, either vert or sunroof. A car without an exposed roof is just one of my pet peeves. I like the sun shining through.

southern6er22
02-11-2012, 08:07 PM
+1. I'd rather deal with the extra weight than give up the sunroof. The 650i's sunroof is huge and has the capability of completely blocking out all of the light if you want to. The closed in feeling is nice sometimes, but there are others that I would hate to be without the sunroof. If I have two passengers (or one really fat passenger lol) it feels very claustrophobic with the sunroof blocked - open it up, and it feels like the cabin space has doubled. The backseat is still a joke, but at least I don't feel cramped. And honestly, if I have two passengers, the handling will be shot anyway, so I'd rather have the sunroof and just pile on the weight. Pulling out the luxuries and toys on this car defeats the car's purpose in my opinion. If you want a light, powerful car, get an M3. May not have 560 hp, but I bet the power to weight ratio is pretty similar after you factor in the weight of the M6 compared to the M3.

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I just wish the damn sunroof opened all the way instead of just pop up. Even if there isn't enough room, they could've had it slide back over the roof instead of sliding back inside the roof. My old Ford Probe GT did that. Another nice touch would be if the rear quarter windows rolled down like the MB CL (650 vert has it as well). That CL with all the windows and sunroof opened is essentially a convertible feel with a few pillars.

Just some things I would touch on if I was one of the BMW designers.

southern6er22
02-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I completely agree on the pillarless design with retractable rear windows. It would allow for a more open feeling inside the car as well as get rid of the "blind spot" when you look back. It just feels like there is a sliver of window between the beam and the headrest. I guess it adds to the rigidity and the safety... or at least I assume that is what BMW would say if questioned. I'm glad that the window at least looks pillarless from the outside.

I think BMW really should've asked us what we wanted when making this car: pillarless, retractable windows, the automatic trunk, and that damn shadowline trim! lol.

Itinj6
02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Throw in soft close doors and I'm sold... Oh wait, I was already sold before all of that lol

southern6er22
02-12-2012, 05:35 AM
I'd be willing to make the switch for soft close and an auto trunk. Since they already added the shadowline it's practically a bargain :)

JONNYCHIRO
02-12-2012, 05:41 AM
I just wish the damn sunroof opened all the way instead of just pop up. Even if there isn't enough room, they could've had it slide back over the roof instead of sliding back inside the roof. My old Ford Probe GT did that. Another nice touch would be if the rear quarter windows rolled down like the MB CL (650 vert has it as well). That CL with all the windows and sunroof opened is essentially a convertible feel with a few pillars.

Just some things I would touch on if I was one of the BMW designers.

Are you sure you want the Coupe Buddy?

I actually only found out the sunroof didn't open after I got it. That was a bummer.

Say, if it turns out you really do want the vert: just bust the steering Nd make 'em do a trade assist. :):);):):):);)