PDA

View Full Version : The Wait is KILLING ME!

mpress
02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
After years of ordering US made BMWs, (3 x5s +3 X3s) the wait for my GT from Europe is making me nuts.. i find myself filling my free time with reading the manual on MY BMW, tracking the car, bothering my dealer and reading posts here (wish there were more frequent posts on the F07..when will the rest of the world wake up and discover the GT).
Production is finished now the en route part clearly this just gets worse......

wchewbaka
02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Tracked it online on the ship traffic websites, called BMWNA for updates... The customer service reps in NJ had better data than the website which has no detail and was delayed. To make my wait worse - my car had to go through the Panama Canal and was delayed because of traffic.

But then the car finally arrived after 8 weeks - and was worth the wait.
Try to be patient.

1STBimmer
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
I hear you... had wait for mine for 12 weeks...def. worth the wait...

gmblack3
02-13-2012, 03:48 AM
After our ED ours is going on a boat Wednesday the 15th. Scheduled to be in Brunswick on March 5th. Hopefully we will pick it up from the dealer mid month.

mpress
02-13-2012, 07:25 AM
i wonder if my car is waiting for the same boat on the 15th?? do you know what boat it is scheduled to go on??

gmblack3
02-13-2012, 08:16 AM
i wonder if my car is waiting for the same boat on the 15th?? do you know what boat it is scheduled to go on??

TURANDOT

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

mpress
02-13-2012, 11:46 AM
cool shows the turandot on way to bremhaven arriving there on the 14th... i wonder how fast they unload reload and get back underway??? Any idea the on water time to NJ USA?? I guess with a cargo ship that close its not likely there is another one heading from there to USA between now and then???

I need to just take a 2 week nap and forget all about this....

wchewbaka
02-13-2012, 01:06 PM
As I recall, this is about the time in the process that the Vehicle Inquiry (run by the dealer) indicates the name of the ship for marine transport. After that the shipping company schedules are quite accurate. It's all about reliable supply chain....

gmblack3
02-13-2012, 04:16 PM
cool shows the turandot on way to bremhaven arriving there on the 14th... i wonder how fast they unload reload and get back underway??? Any idea the on water time to NJ USA?? I guess with a cargo ship that close its not likely there is another one heading from there to USA between now and then???

I need to just take a 2 week nap and forget all about this....

When I called the BMW ED 800#, they told me it was leaving on the 15th and arriving to Brunswick, GA on the 5th of March. So at least a few days prior to that.

gmblack3
02-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Attached a screen shot of the Turandot's schedule.

mpress
02-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Were you able to confirm your car is on the turandot via the ships track and trace?? yesterday morning my CA back from vacation confirmed that my car was at the port awaiting a ship in bremhaven....I tried the track and trace and got a no records found response?? :(

gmblack3
02-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Were you able to confirm your car is on the turandot via the ships track and trace?? yesterday morning my CA back from vacation confirmed that my car was at the port awaiting a ship in bremhaven....I tried the track and trace and got a no records found response?? :(

Yes, Mine came up this am:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601074

I thought someone mentioned it could take a few days for the info to come up.

samberken
02-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Hello

My BMW status just changed to in production. Any idea when I will see my car in NY? My salesperson told me I should get the car by 3rd week of March, seems too optimistic. Any opinion?

mpress
02-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Going by the My BMW status is fine but delayed by a few days.
My car went into production 1/30 and showed complete on 2/9. Showed en route on 2/18 even though it was already on the Turandot and heading towards ny on 2/15. (so waited at the port for about 1 week, this is the only part that is really not forecastable by anyone) the turandot should arrive in NY on 3/1 and my CA says i should have the car around the 5-7th of march.
So pending the timing of your car hitting the port and a boat being ready to take it figure around 5 weeks but end of march could happen.