PDA

View Full Version : BMW Individual vs. Cold Weather Package

Fred2
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I was trying to configure a car with the individual leather interior, AND the cold weather package.
I tried on both the 640i and the 650i

The system will not let me add the package, but I can add heated seats as an option.

Is there something in the Individual interior that is not compatible with the heated steering wheel?
The heated steering wheel sounds like a good thing.
(I don't care about the ski thing)

unlaidenswallow
02-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Don't know what the issue would be with the individual interior and the heated steering wheel, but that is one of those things - along with HUD - that I couldn't imagine losing now that I've had it for a few years. It's amazing how much more quickly you warm up on those cold winter days. I'd definitely recommend pushing hard on this one.

Itinj6
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I just tried it too and it didn't work for me either...

I remember the same issue when trying to configure M-Sport with the Cold Weather Package about 5-6 months ago. I assumed it was because of the M steering wheel back then, but these days, you can configure both M-Sport and Cold Weather. Talk to your dealer about it if you plan on ordering. It may just be a software issue with the BMW website.

Fred2
02-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I was playing on the UK website.
That site is less on packages, and more ala carte.

It is possible to get Individual with the heated seats and heated wheel.

Hmm....

unlaidenswallow
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Every country is allowed to put together their own "packages" and option combinations. There has been concerted effort by BMWNA to do more combination packages and less individual option selection. They have also included more things standard - at least on the higher end models. The downside is that there are more combinations or individual items that aren't available to the US market.

If you want to see the polar opposite - just try to build out a 911 on their website. Oh - and make sure you've got 30 min blocked first!

Russ650i
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
I had the same problem, there was no way to order both. Plus a couple others as well.
I think it has to do with the different Individual Steering wheel, with the wood trim. But that is a shame, as a warm steering wheel is great on those cold winter mornings.

southern6er22
02-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Heated steering wheel is to Individual as Shadowline is to M Sport... Way to go BMW. Charge a premium price and leave off the basics. Very unfortunate.

roadsta
02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
This 'package' stuff looks messy and restrictive, I must say. Here in Australia there is only one package for the 6 series - M-sport. The rest is off the menu, and there are not many things you can't combine.

We also seem to get quite a few more things as standard, but that is small consolation for the prices we pay. (ARS for example, is standard. A must have, by the way.)

r

thom.one.two
02-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Every country is allowed to put together their own "packages" and option combinations. There has been concerted effort by BMWNA to do more combination packages and less individual option selection. They have also included more things standard - at least on the higher end models. The downside is that there are more combinations or individual items that aren't available to the US market.

If you want to see the polar opposite - just try to build out a 911 on their website. Oh - and make sure you've got 30 min blocked first!

Isn't that the truth! Man, bulding a Porsche is a mess. And watch that price climb from 90 to150K in no time. Chose the Premium Plus package, and then so many options that you click give you an error message. Eventually, you just hope you got it right but have no way of knowing.

Thebreadman
02-27-2012, 03:05 PM
BMW has been inching more and more toward packages rather than everything la carte with the idea being simplification for the consumer and while I appreciate it for just about everything else, I prefer everything la carte with my BMW.

Pease go back to the old way.

xDrive McGee
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Amen on the buzz kill that is the Porsche car configurator. 872 ways to configure all your leather and I'm never really sure what I am getting. $90k to $130k in 5 seconds flat - LOL. The Bentley configurator is even funnier, doesn't even give you any prices whatsoever. It may as well just say "If you have to ask..."

Maybe it's a psychological thing, but once a car gets to 6 figures I think a la carte should be the norm. BMW probably could've squeezed another $5 - $10k out of me too.

JONNYCHIRO
02-27-2012, 06:38 PM
How retarded is it to .05 and .10 your six figure customers?

thom.one.two
02-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Aston Martin...can't even get it to work. I considered an Aston..even had one ready to be picked up. I asked the silly question about financing...the salesman said, "Hmmmm. Our customers pay for theirs by cash or check." I got a good laugh out of that one. So just before delivery, I called my buddy who is also my insurance agent. He said, "1100.00 per month." Talk about a buzz kill. Granted I have 2 additional drives under the age of 19...but jeez. Then, 24 month warranty and service of I think 3K per year or something crazy. The salesman said, "We have only sold 36,000 cars since the company started. This is an exclusive club." I was like...I'm outta here...I really wanted all of the gizmos anyway...

JONNYCHIRO
02-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Thom glad u landed among us :)