PDA

View Full Version : ED + Adjustments/Repairs in Munich?

Sahnemotor
05-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Soon I will pick up my 545i in Munich. What happens if there are any adjustments, settings or possibly repairs needed for non-functioning parts or features? Will this be taken care of on the spot at the delivery center, will I have to take the car to a German BMW dealer for service or will such things have to wait until the car arrives in the U. S.? Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated.

Thanks!

I Love BMW's
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
We had a problem with our 750Li on the first day (engine overheating) and they towed us to the Munich dealer to have it repaired. Since it was going to be a few days before they could fix the issue, I called BMW USA to see what could be done to not impact my trip and they loaned us a 750i to drive for our entire trip. My car was repaired and sent to be shipped while I was still driving their car for the rest of our trip. BMW want you to have a good experience and they made sure we did. I look forward to seeing my 750Li again (with only 25 miles on it)!

mikeP123
08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I just did ED myself. You'll really enjoy it. (Just a tip - if you stay at the BMW recommended King's hotel, don't even think about driving your new car into their underground garage. Trust me on this.)

In any case, I read in some of the literature BMW provided that because the car has a U.S. warranty it does not cover repairs made in Europe. Any repairs made in Europe are at the owners expense or you can wait until the car is in the states and have the repair made under warranty. I don't have any first hand experience with it so I can only tell you what was in the ED information BMW provided to me.

Judging from the owner of the 750's response, BMW did the right thing in his situation and covered the repair. During my ED experience I was left with the impression that they really wanted things to be right for the new owner.

Me530
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I just did ED myself. You'll really enjoy it. (Just a tip - if you stay at the BMW recommended King's hotel, don't even think about driving your new car into their underground garage. Trust me on this.)

In any case, I read in some of the literature BMW provided that because the car has a U.S. warranty it does not cover repairs made in Europe. Any repairs made in Europe are at the owners expense or you can wait until the car is in the states and have the repair made under warranty. I don't have any first hand experience with it so I can only tell you what was in the ED information BMW provided to me.

Judging from the owner of the 750's response, BMW did the right thing in his situation and covered the repair. During my ED experience I was left with the impression that they really wanted things to be right for the new owner.

Anything that a dealer charges you for in Europe related to warranty work will be reimbursed by BMW NA.

quackbury
08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Soon I will pick up my 545i in Munich. What happens if there are any adjustments, settings or possibly repairs needed for non-functioning parts or features? Will this be taken care of on the spot at the delivery center, will I have to take the car to a German BMW dealer for service or will such things have to wait until the car arrives in the U. S.? Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated.

Thanks!
How in the world did you order a 545i?

samplemaven
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
How in the world did you order a 545i?

The original post was made 5-6-2004.

quackbury
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Now THAT is lurking!!!!! How in the world did that pop back up, 2 years and 2 months later?

mdsbuc
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Now THAT is lurking!!!!! How in the world did that pop back up, 2 years and 2 months later?

The amazing thing is that there were no replies to the original post in May of '04. First reply was 07/25/06. :confused:

stevepow
08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
(Just a tip - if you stay at the BMW recommended King's hotel, don't even think about driving your new car into their underground garage. Trust me on this.)

and...

mikeP123
08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Access to the garage is via an elevator door that is only slightly wider than a 5 series. Next, the garage is so full of junk from the hotel that your passenger will likely have to get out of the car and move these items so you can even exit the ramp into the garage (You could do it yourself except the space is so tight you won't be able to open the driver's side door.). This is when you get to the parking area - all 8 spaces - 4 spaces with hydraulic lifts that raise one car while the other parks underneath. But don't worry, there will be plenty of spaces available as nobody in their right mind would park their new car in there. The trick at this point is getting your car turned around to exit the garage. My PDC was literally beeping almost the entire time I was in the garage. It really was bad. The outside parking was much better.