PDA

View Full Version : Coupe rear windscreen

roadsta
02-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Has anyone tried to clean the inside of the coupe rear windscreen? If you haven't, don't. Its bloody difficult.

Does anyone have an idea about a tool or something home-made to reach to corners, something with a long handle? It might be very useful on the front too, its no walk in the park to clean either.

Come one, any clean freaks? Thom.one.two?

Itinj6
02-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Never actually tried this before but how about a long wooden paint mixer. They are long and flat. Secure (with a rubber band) a sheet of paper towel to the end with a little windex on it. You might be able to use a long spatula to do this as well. It has that flat, pancake like, end that you can wrap in paper towel and dig into crevices with.

svp66
02-16-2012, 06:19 AM
+1, Painful, part of the contortionism exercises.

roadsta
02-24-2012, 03:51 AM
I tried a few ideas with limited success.

I ordered one of these. Any of you have it?

http://www.invisibleglass.com/ReachClean.htm

Sandlapper
02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Yep, I have one. Ordered it last year from Bavarian Motorsport. Looks and works like the one in the link. You still have to work to get the inside back glass clean but it allows access to areas were you'd never be able to reach. Front inside glass is easier than the back but the tool allows access to the lower portion on the windshield you'd not be able to get to with your hands and a towel. Use on our 535i & 650i.:D