PDA

View Full Version : BMS N55 Stage 2 JB4 Tuner

mpress
02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
any body here anything about this yet for the N55.
very curious in regard to the true invisibleness when car is going to the dealer and also if it really integrates as well as they say..
i have 2 friends that just ordered gt 535 half wishing they had gone 550 route but didn't want to drop the extra $$.
I know they won't do the research but would do the mod if i found it a good idea for them..
still love the idea of a 535 with 360+hp....

And i still wish i could do something about the 550 square tail pipe... all i see when i look at them is Acura pipes! Why couldn't bmw give us quad pipes with the Msport pkg??

wchewbaka
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
sounds very intriguing
I like the stealth aspect of it
a cursory search - looks like it is well accepted for the 335/N55, but I wonder if the F07 is stock-tuned any differently from the smaller, lighter 3 series?
good price, remove it easily when you go to the dealer, performance gains = sounds good

gmblack3
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Pricing?

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

wchewbaka
02-18-2012, 12:57 PM
http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_Stage2_Jb4.html

$559

mycabrandz
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Pinged the folks at burgertuning for more info about effect on fuel economy and Terry responded that there is no change under normal driving. Purely an increase in power. Very interesting/tempting indeed.

Also, they are in socal and i'm picking up my GT in a couple weeks from PacBMW. I might just take a gander in their shop. Anyone here interested in a possible bulk discount?

mpress
02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
gonna be hard to get a bulk nothing on the F07 forum...but eventually people will realize what they are missing.... very interesting did burger say anything about the reality of stealth and what we would need to do to keep the warranty safe..

Terry @ BMS
02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,

For the 535 N55 motor we don't offer Stage2 tuning. We do offer our N55 Stage1 tuning. Some addl info here:

http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_Performance_Tuner.html

Nice 30-50whp gains, really wakes the car up, and fairly easy to install. Just 4 PNP connectors and you're done. Remove before going in if concerned with warranty.

Mikez38
02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
What's available for the 550ixGT?

mycabrandz
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi Terry, Thanks for the info. Couple of other questions below if you don't mind.

Everyone else, from Terry's product page link it looks like Stage1 is $429 with the CAN Tool, $379 without.

For the 535 N55 motor we don't offer Stage2 tuning. We do offer our N55 Stage1 tuning.

WILL you be offering a stage2 in the foreseeable future? timeframe? other info?

Nice 30-50whp gains, really wakes the car up, and fairly easy to install. Just 4 PNP connectors and you're done. Remove before going in if concerned with warranty.

Can you clarify one point about this extract from the product page info:

"The optional CAN Tool lets you read and delete potential hidden codes right from the OBDII port inside the car and is suggested for maximum diagnostic invisibility. It also includes an optional in dash gauges, shift light, DPFIX, and other diagnostic features."

Q: So removing the stage1 before a dealer service/warranty visit does not completely remove tuner detection codes? CAN Tool is then a must have for removing them and to completely avoid voiding warranty?

mpress
02-25-2012, 10:41 AM
just came back from bmw greenwich, drove a GT535 with BMS JB4...again very impressed this is the second GT535 i have driven with a tune bump and both times i was very impressed and felt it very closely rivals the speed of the 550 and perhaps is more nimble due to the 9% reduction in weight... the rentech tune did seem a little faster and had more of an exhaust note difference but both were awesome and both claim MPG in the mid 20s compared to low teens for the 550....

mycabrandz
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
That's awesome you were able to try both and give your impressions here. I am leaning more towards the BMS stage 1 since it is PNP, stealth, and priced right for my needs. Rentech requires removal and mailing to them for the initial flash and future upgrade/reflash.

My GT just got discharged at Oxnard and will probably pick up next week so I will most likely stop by BMS and grab one. Any thoughts on modding right after redelivery or should i wait?

mpress
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
modding right after delivery?? thats a terry question, both the cars i drove were done after a few weeks and a couple thousand miles... but that was just because thats when they decided to do it...

ld757
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I am going to install JB3 stage 1 for my F10 this saturday. Very excited and can share afterwards.

The BoatMan
03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
No tuning options available for the 550 GT?